Ethan Grant Picks up U of MN offer?

GopherLady

Reaction score
I just got a call fro Victor Keise's Dad - and he said he believes that the U just offered Vic's teammate, Ethan Grant. Grant is gaining more and more attention from a number of schools, and is currently verbaled to Orgeon.

The Keise continue to bleed maroon and gold...when Vic moves up here on Tuesday, they are going to be bringing Ethan with them on their trip. Mr. Keise wanted to show him the campus, and all the U has to offer. He will be up here from Tuesday - Friday, and is flying back Friday so he can take his ACT on Saturday.

He also had a great update about Vic, as you can probably see from the photos in his GopherHole blog Victor Keise Blog, Vic is getting bigger and bigger. At the beginning of the season, he was listed as 6'0 and 160 lbs, and now he's 6'2/6'3, 175, pushing 180...he's just constantly working hard!

I like that Vic is getting bigger. We seem to have a bunch of quick, shorter WR. We could always use more height at WR to make tough catches.

I have no problem with picking up a 4* back either! Vic is one great recruiter. I think we have a position waiting for him if he ever wants to coach here :)

Orgeon?

I just got a call fro Victor Keise's Dad - and he said he believes that the U just offered Vic's teammate, Ethan Grant. Grant is gaining more and more attention from a number of schools, and is currently verbaled to Orgeon.

Orgeon . . . now that's a school I'd like to visit :D

Great reporting, GopherLady. Glad to see you are making those connections with families of recruits.

The Keise continue to bleed maroon and gold...when Vic moves up here on Tuesday, they are going to be bringing Ethan with them on their trip. Mr. Keise wanted to show him the campus, and all the U has to offer. He will be up here from Tuesday - Friday, and is flying back Friday so he can take his ACT on Saturday.

He also had a great update about Vic, as you can probably see from the photos in his GopherHole blog Victor Keise Blog, Vic is getting bigger and bigger. At the beginning of the season, he was listed as 6'0 and 160 lbs, and now he's 6'2/6'3, 175, pushing 180...he's just constantly working hard!

Ha Gopher Lady and former Facebook buddy! :) What do you know about this Ethan Grant kid? Is he actually interested in us? I looked him up on Scout and they have him as a 3 star the # 36 or so running back and rivals has him as the 15th rated RB-4 * It would be a great pickup I would think!

I really think this Victor Keise kid is going to be a great player and an even better teammate and citizen of our state. He's the reason it's fun to get all excited for tailgating, drinking, tailgating, and actually going to the games! I think he'll get a little PT next year.

I can't decide if I'm more excited to get Ethan Grant up here for an unofficial visit or that Keise has grown another couple inches. Last fall I thought Keise reminded me a lot of Brandon Green (good hands, more of a possession WR-Hines Ward-than a burner or open field runner-Percy Harvin, and near the lower bound of what you're looking for in a WR) but now that he is a couple inches taller that bodes well for Keise to being a bigger target in the red zone and perhaps replace what Brodrick Smith brought to the table.

Thanks for the update GL.

I can't decide if I'm more excited to get Ethan Grant up here for an unofficial visit or that Keise has grown another couple inches. Last fall I thought Keise reminded me a lot of Brandon Green (good hands, more of a possession WR-Hines Ward-than a burner or open field runner-Percy Harvin, and near the lower bound of what you're looking for in a WR) but now that he is a couple inches taller that bodes well for Keise to being a bigger target in the red zone and perhaps replace what Brodrick Smith brought to the table.

Thanks for the update GL.

I think I answered my own question. He looks pretty good in his video on ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=74498

His HS runs a pro-style (under center, single back & I-formation) style offense but he looks like the ideal spread RB. He is a little smallish and clearly likes to take advantage of his quickness by breaking it outside when the opportunity arises. He appears to have good vision judging from a few very good cut back runs (think Laurence Maroney) when the defense overpursues. Kevin Whaley or Amir Pinnix are probably the best comparison among the running back that have been here in the last 10 years.

He could be a nice thunder/lightning variation in our running game with the bigger backs that we have been recruiting in this class.

Incidentally, I watched another video on YouTube and I really like the NBPS QB. Who is that guy? He has to be going D-I.

Edit: I did some research to learn the QB is Brandon Doughty. ESPN ranks him a 76 and Rivals ranks him as 3-stars and the #35 Pro-Style QB. He has offers from Mississippi State and FIU. He would need to redshirt and fix some mechanics but I really like his arm and accuracy.

One of the things I appreciate about the recruiting process is when kids try to recruit one of their teammates to the school they choose. I may be oversimplifying a little bit in this assessment, but to me, it reflects two things 1. They did a good job of finding a school and program they really like and really believe in and 2. They believe it to be a great option for many other kinds of people and personalities.

We've seen this a bit with guys like Sam Maresh and Marqueis Gray openly saying they were trying to help recruit kids to the U. And now that trend is continuing with Victor Keise. To me, this says a lot about their experiences with the university and the program under Brewster. Hopefully, this trend will continue in the future as well. :D

Ha Gopher Lady and former Facebook buddy! :) What do you know about this Ethan Grant kid? Is he actually interested in us? I looked him up on Scout and they have him as a 3 star the # 36 or so running back and rivals has him as the 15th rated RB-4 * It would be a great pickup I would think!

I really think this Victor Keise kid is going to be a great player and an even better teammate and citizen of our state. He's the reason it's fun to get all excited for tailgating, drinking, tailgating, and actually going to the games! I think he'll get a little PT next year.

I asked Mr. Keise that, and he said MN is a real option for him. He did really emphasize that a LOT of schools are getting after him now, so it is good we got in early.

Ethan is also a top track athlete, with 4.2 and 4.3 40 times (wow!). He won the 2A State championship in the 100 hurdles, he also runs a 10.6 in the 100 m, 21.7 in the 200m, and 36.7 in the 300m.

I think this may of been posted a few months ago, but here is some youtube footage of him:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS8tW0FqEa8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS8tW0FqEa8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

One of the things I appreciate about the recruiting process is when kids try to recruit one of their teammates to the school they choose. I may be oversimplifying a little bit in this assessment, but to me, it reflects two things 1. They did a good job of finding a school and program they really like and really believe in and 2. They believe it to be a great option for many other kinds of people and personalities.

We've seen this a bit with guys like Sam Maresh and Marqueis Gray openly saying they were trying to help recruit kids to the U. And now that trend is continuing with Victor Keise. To me, this says a lot about their experiences with the university and the program under Brewster. Hopefully, this trend will continue in the future as well. :D

I completely agree. I wasn't suprised at all the Vic speaks highly of the U and the program, and would to any recruit. However, to bring a kid up on your son's move-in week, show him around, and basically take him in as your own...I guess nothing shocks me with the Keises anymore, they are SUCH good people!

As an addition to my rambling post about how nice it is to have recruits sell the program to their high school teammates, I just watched his film. Wow, the kid has a great burst. Once he gets past the initial line of contact, he's an absolute burner (not exactly surprising considering the numbers GopherLady posted), but still, I like seeing those kind of things for myself.:p

Anyway, he's a little bit thin and needs to bulk up a bit. But there is no denying his natural running ability. He looks to have quick feet and an on top of having lightning like natural speed, can make players miss pretty consistently in space. Looks to be a very nice prospect! Hopefully, he enjoys his trip north with Vic in the summer/fall!!;)

Keise and Moses Apilite might be the best recruiters that Brewster has! If I were him I'd make sure that every skill player stays with them on their official visits.

I'm liking Keise more and more all the time. Nice video on Grant too, nice burst, looked like he could possibly play some DB too.

I agree with you on the notes about Doughty. That one throw on the video above was very impressive. Looks to have decent size too. Maybe landing him would help sway Grant?

I think I answered my own question. He looks pretty good in his video on ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=74498

His HS runs a pro-style (under center, single back & I-formation) style offense but he looks like the ideal spread RB. He is a little smallish and clearly likes to take advantage of his quickness by breaking it outside when the opportunity arises. He appears to have good vision judging from a few very good cut back runs (think Laurence Maroney) when the defense overpursues. Kevin Whaley or Amir Pinnix are probably the best comparison among the running back that have been here in the last 10 years.

He could be a nice thunder/lightning variation in our running game with the bigger backs that we have been recruiting in this class.

Incidentally, I watched another video on YouTube and I really like the NBPS QB. Who is that guy? He has to be going D-I.

Edit: I did some research to learn the QB is Brandon Doughty. ESPN ranks him a 76 and Rivals ranks him as 3-stars and the #35 Pro-Style QB. He has offers from Mississippi State and FIU. He would need to redshirt and fix some mechanics but I really like his arm and accuracy.

I am really looking forward to Victor's Maroon and Gold highlight reels. I truly believe he is going to be an impact player for us. The other guys would be gravy. Very good gravy.

Talk on the other board of

Ethan reopening his recruitment. That would be a great sign for the U and the Keises may help in his recrutment.

Top Bottom