ESPN's Connelly bumps MN into top 25 with revised SP plus

I'm not denying that OSU won the game, by any means. Fine with OSU being in control for a good part of the game.

But bringing the lead down to 7 with over 10mins left in the game, when you've scored 4 of the last 5 TDs in the game, seems like they were very much in it, to me.
Fair, it is a subjective evaluation so I can't say you are wrong by any means. I'll say this much, if we put up as much of a fight against OSU this year as Indiana did last year I will be happy. I agree with your overall idea that Indiana will be a good team this year and one of our most difficult games.

I'm not even saying that per se (that IU will be great again this year and one of our most difficult games).

I simply was rejecting the idea that IU was massively over-rated last year because they didn't beat anyone good. The OSU game showed what they were, to me.

Having watched the game, it never felt like it was in doubt. Certainly IU deserves credit for playing tough until the end, but OSU was in control almost the whole way.
If losing close counts as a win, Jerry kill beat Ohio state

Indiana goes 5-7 or 6-6 this year

Against Maryland last year all the O needed to do was get a few first downs in the 4th quarter. They did nothing. The supposed strength of the team couldn’t muster a thing the whole 4th quarter. Couldn’t close out the game.

Then against Wisconsin just score more than 17 points.

5-2 if those things happen. Everyone knew the D would struggle, losing what they did. The O brought pretty much everybody back.
You are not wrong in saying the offense failed to get it done in the 4th quarter against Maryland but they still managed to put up 38 points in regulation so it is tough to be totally down on their performance in that game. 38 should be enough to beat most teams if you get any sort of competent defense and special teams....which of course we didn't get either or those early in the season last year.

The offense left a lot to be desired last year but they weren't as bad as some make them out to be. Especially when you factor in the lack of an off-season to adjust to the new system, a decimated special teams unit that did them no favors and a defense that had a really hard time slowing teams down. Lots of room for improvement and the added stability along the offensive line should hopefully make that possible.

Gophers should be about ten point favorites versus Colorado, based on Connelly numbers.

Top Bottom