ESPN3 Question

rrjackIII

Reaction score
I am not sure how ESPN3 works. If someone is not able to watch the Gopher game on ESPN3 live tomorrow night, will the game be available to watch at a later time?

I am not sure how ESPN3 works. If someone is not able to watch the Gopher game on ESPN3 live tomorrow night, will the game be available to watch at a later time?

I have the same question. Please help if you know how it works. During the Summer, ESPN3 showed a bunch of Worldcup soccer matches. They were very easy to find. However, I am having the hardest time finding NCAA basketball games.

Thank you very much.

Go Gophers

Also, I have Comcast but receive my internet connection through a wireless router. I am currently unable to access ESPN3 games. Does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

finding the game on ESPN3

Here is a link to ESPN3 http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

Right now the tab is set to 'live' but if you look at the 'upcoming' tab you can see our game set for 7:30 Thursday night. So click on this link tomorrow night around 6:30 since the times listed are all Eastern and use the 'live' tab. Our game should be one of the options. Should work for everyone. Unless you internet provider does not carry or support espn3.

If you get ESPN3 they archive pretty much everything. You can go on there now and watch pretty much every CFB game that's been shown on any ESPN station or ESPN3 all season and the Gopher v Sienna game is on there too. ESPN3 is really pretty great in that aspect. You can watch any ESPN (and I think ABC) Gopher football game from this year too. Don't know how long after the season they keep them on there but there are literally hundreds of archived games on there right now so you should be able to watch the game later that night

Games can be watched at a later time. The Siena game is still available for me on the $14.99 month-long package. Plus the quality of video is much better than BTN! It is under the "On Demand" part of the site.

Last night I watched Wisky and ND live on espn3. Simply went to the espn website found the link to espn3. From there I choose the sport (ncaabasketball) and dozens of games where available. Some were live and some were not. I accessed it through my wireless connection at home and the pic minus a few glitches was solid.

If you have xbox live you can watch it from there.

Also, for anybody with xbox live and an internet connection that gets ESPN3.com, you can download an espn application for XBOX and watch all content on ESPN3 off of you xbox. Much better than watching on your computer. I believe the download is under the video marketplace on XBOX live. Tried it this afternoon and it works great!

Also, for anybody with xbox live and an internet connection that gets ESPN3.com, you can download an espn application for XBOX and watch all content on ESPN3 off of you xbox. Much better than watching on your computer. I believe the download is under the video marketplace on XBOX live. Tried it this afternoon and it works great!

Thanks ya'll

Go Gophers

So as someone has an X-box but who's never bothered to get X-box live, how much extra is the wireless equipment and how hard is it to hook-up or Wii, whichever is easier...

Question: I won't be able to start watching until about half way through the 2nd half. Is it possible to start watching from the beginning while the game is still going?

For those with a PS3 or Wii, you can use the PlayOn Application to stream the feed to your TV. They have a free 14 day trial.

I'm going to try that tonight to make sure it is up and running for tomorrow. Will report back soon. howeda7 a Xbox adapter is between 70 -80 dollars or you could try a ethernet cable which might give you better results. One thing to remember, if your internet provider doesn't carry ESPN3 it won't work on XBOX, PS3, etc. I have heard there might be a work around.

Okay guys, I downloaded the PlayON software and have it up in running. Took about 5 mins and no credit card required. Very easy to use and picture is okay on my 54inch TV. By the way Vermont up on UCONN.

JGopher, check out channelsurfing.net...it will probably have it streaming if you can't get it directly from ESPN3.

I'm going to try that tonight to make sure it is up and running for tomorrow. Will report back soon. howeda7 a Xbox adapter is between 70 -80 dollars or you could try a ethernet cable which might give you better results. One thing to remember, if your internet provider doesn't carry ESPN3 it won't work on XBOX, PS3, etc. I have heard there might be a work around.

Thanks. Great idea. I hauled my router down and plugged it in directly. I wasn't going to spend $70. Anyway, still working on getting Live up and running. Never really bothered with it before, I don't have time to get hooked on it ;-). Anyway, so long as the missing phone line doesn't screw with my satellite, I guess I can leave the router as is, everything else is wireless anyway.

ok so i am on my ps3 internet browser and when i go to espn3.com and try to play the spurs vs bulls game i keep getting javascript errors . l am a comcast user and can watch games fine on my labtop. any ideas? download that play on tv app.? thanks.

OK, so I have the ESPN app downloaded on XBox but can only get to the highlights. How does one get to the live events? I need to log into my ESPN account to access espn3, as my default provider does not have ESPN3

OK, so I have the ESPN app downloaded on XBox but can only get to the highlights. How does one get to the live events? I need to log into my ESPN account to access espn3, as my default provider does not have ESPN3

you do not need to log into your espn.com account to get espn3. Since your default provider does not have espn3, you are out of luck then. espn3 is offer to service providers.

ok so i am on my ps3 internet browser and when i go to espn3.com and try to play the spurs vs bulls game i keep getting javascript errors . l am a comcast user and can watch games fine on my labtop. any ideas? download that play on tv app.? thanks.

The PS3 internet browser will not work. You have 2 options: Either hook your laptop directly to the tv if you have the cables or download the PLAYON software on your home computer. You need to have your PS3 as part of your home network.

check the PRico thread on this page and send OSUfan a pm.

you do not need to log into your espn.com account to get espn3. Since your default provider does not have espn3, you are out of luck then. espn3 is offer to service providers.

I can access ESPN3 on my computer because I have a Comcast account elsewhere. So there is no way to access the ESPN3 Remote Access on xbox?

I can access ESPN3 on my computer because I have a Comcast account elsewhere. So there is no way to access the ESPN3 Remote Access on xbox?

Then please ignore my last post. I'm not sure on that as i do not own a xbox, only ps3.

No way to access that I know of. The network you're connecting the XBox to must have access to ESPN3 for you to get it on the XBox.

Is there a cost for espn3.com? I have charter and believe I can get it, but just not sure how exactly it works.

I'm grateful Dave Lee no longer does play by play for Gopher basketball. I'm looking forward to an old-school evening of Gopher radio with Mike Grimm & Spencer T. Multiple games/tournaments on TV (with sound turned down) and the Gophers on the radio. ... it doesn't get any better than that.

Top Bottom