ESPN Was Right

dbaldrich1

Reaction score
McNeal to Clemson, and his "home away from home".

As a kind of consolation price, it was nice to see the MN hat as a finalist for two of the guys who committed on TV.

Good luck to Bryce.

Pay-back for stealing Ricky Foggie

"The University of Clemson" is getting a good player. On to the next.

Consolation Prize/Moral Victory = Not Winning

Next! Move on to quality players that haven't committed and want to play for Minnesota. Recruits that cast their lot with another team are in the recruiting past. Look to the future.

Go Gophers!

Relatives in Atlanta, which is about a two-hour drive. Family seems more oriented to the South than the upper Midwest. Understandable. But I HATE to see Minnesota kids go to another Big Ten school, as Laurinaitis did.

On a side note, am I way out of line for thinking...

McNeal to Clemson, and his "home away from home".

As a kind of consolation price, it was nice to see the MN hat as a finalist for two of the guys who committed on TV.

Good luck to Bryce.

That this was a crappy thing to do? When ESPN reported this, it just tore me up. I know the key in journalism is to have the "scoop," but at what cost? We kept our promise to Bryce, as Rivals did to Carter, to not post anything until after they made their decision public on TV...I wish they both could of had their moment. I guess this is just me being a little disappointed. You see what these kids go through, the tough decision they make, they numerous people that are pulling them in every direction, and not knowing who they can trust...and this is the one chance they get to show their excitement for their choice, and have their 30 seconds - can't we just give them that?

That this was a crappy thing to do? When ESPN reported this, it just tore me up. I know the key in journalism is to have the "scoop," but at what cost? We kept our promise to Bryce, as Rivals did to Carter, to not post anything until after they made their decision public on TV...I wish they both could of had their moment. I guess this is just me being a little disappointed. You see what these kids go through, the tough decision they make, they numerous people that are pulling them in every direction, and not knowing who they can trust...and this is the one chance they get to show their excitement for their choice, and have their 30 seconds - can't we just give them that?

If you want to keep it a surprise, don't tell anyone.

If you want to keep it a surprise, don't tell anyone.

To my knowledge, he didn't. No one except immediate family, and the coaching staff. I don't think they get that once a coaching staff knows, it's no longer a secret.

To my knowledge, he didn't. No one except immediate family, and the coaching staff. I don't think they get that once a coaching staff knows, it's no longer a secret.

I thought you/GH and GI knew beforehand?? Or did I read something wrong?

Do the kids actually expect a secret to remain a secret under any circumstances? And are the kids bent out of shape if word gets out about their commitment prior to their announcement?

I guess the way I figure it, if these kids want to have a big attention-garnering announcement -- and more power to them if they do indeed want that -- wouldn't they do their best to keep mum on their commitment until the big moment? Or is that relatively impossible to do given circumstances related to the recruiting game?

Top Bottom