ESPN no longer on DishTV

That sucks. I believe one can get a free one-week trial of streaming on YouTube TV or Fubo TV - would at least get you through today. Good luck

Shitty thing to spring on your customers.

I was going to recommend Sling but I just found out this morning that ESPN has been dropped from the service.:mad: Disney, the owner of ESPN, is obviously trying to steer people to Hulu which they also own.

Dish dropped Fox Sports North a few years back. That was the last straw for me. YouTube now…except they dropped FSN a year later.

Fubo is pretty good but about the same price as Hulu. Fubo does have the Gameday view which is kind of cool. It shows game stats and easy access to other games on the service.

I was going to recommend Sling but I just found out this morning that ESPN has been dropped from the service.:mad: Disney, the owner of ESPN, is obviously trying to steer people to Hulu which they also own.

I didn't know Disney owned Hulu and am now mad at myself. I just upgraded my Hulu subscription from basic to live TV (with all the sports) and am locked in for a month. If I knew Disney owned Hulu, I would have gone Fubo and cancelled my Hulu account instead. I'm locked in with Dish because of my RV so can only downgrade my service there. I hate doing business with companies that screw their customers.

I didn't know Disney owned Hulu and am now mad at myself. I just upgraded my Hulu subscription from basic to live TV (with all the sports) and am locked in for a month. If I knew Disney owned Hulu, I would have gone Fubo and cancelled my Hulu account instead. I'm locked in with Dish because of my RV so can only downgrade my service there. I hate doing business with companies that screw their customers.
I hear you. I just subscribed to Sling yesterday only to find out ESPN has been dropped. Fortunately, I still have Fubo for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do next.

These thing are nearly always the fault of the content provider not the service providers. Though understandably the service providers always get the blame.

Here? Disney is losing millions on Disney+. They want to move all their online programming to devices they own, Disney+, Hulu, FX,Discovery etc. Contract with Dish expired today. Disney wants $1billion, maybe more, for their programming. Probably to recover those losses. Without a contract Dish can't be shown. Bad luck for Dish is their contract came up first.

Sinclair/Bally's pulled Fox Sports North from a number of service providers. They want to offer their own service direct to consumers. It's not going well. THEY are also losing millions.

There's a long thread about this on the Off Topic: Sports Board.

Gees, thought that once things went to online services it would all be cheap, available and sunshine and rainbows! :unsure:

Edit: Though Disney does have a minority owner who from the day he got onboard, wanted to spin off ESPN. Now this week Disney/ESPN sent off a Change in Contract notice to ESPN subscribers.These things could or couldn't be related.

Last edited:

These thing are nearly always the fault of the content provider not the service providers. Though understandably the service providers always get the blame.

Here? Disney is losing millions on Disney+. Contract with Dish expired today. Disney wants $1billion, maybe more, for their programming. Probably to recover those losses. Without a contract Dish can't be shown. Bad luck for Dish is their contract came up first.

Sinclair/Bally's pulled Fox Sports North from a number of service providers. They want to offer their own service direct to consumers. It's not going well. THEY are also losing millions.

There's a long thread about this on the Off Topic: Sports Board.

Gees, thought that once things went to online services it would all be cheap, available and sunshine and rainbows! :unsure:

Edit: Though Disney does have a minority owner who from the day he got onboard, wanted to spin off ESPN. Now this week Disney/ESPN sent off a Change in Contract notice to ESPN subscribers.These things could or couldn't be related.

We moved from Xfinity to YouTubeTV maybe 6 or 7 years ago (early in the streaming wars) and immediately saw an expense savings. Since then, we've collected all kinds of streaming app subscriptions a` la carte, moved to Dish (RV use), and added even more subscriptions. I'm scared to add them all up. I wouldn't be surprised if we pay double in total for content than we did back in the Xfinity-only days.

Dish in another contract dispute? Surely this surprises nobody. The kings of contract disputes.

I dumped Cox a little less than 2 years ago for YouTube TV and really like it so far for the most part. Customizing the guide is a major plus (easy to move the ESPN dumpster fire way down the guide), and setting up items to save is easy. I went with YouTube TV because a buddy who did a lot of experimenting and research said that it was the best he'd found for people a little more sports inclined.

Dish in another contract dispute? Surely this surprises nobody. The kings of contract disputes.

True, but Disney is gonna beat their record hands down, but the disputes are all over. Google, CBS, DirecTV, Roku, You Tube etc.

Last edited:

True, but Disney is gonna beat their record hands down, but the disputes are all over. Google, CBS, DirecTV, Roku, You Tube etc.

You’re right that everyone does get into fights but it does feel like Dish is often at the center of them, and theirs often escalate past the deadlines.

Comcast still has everything.

Disney Hulu ESPN unlimited $20 a month. You can sign up right now.

We moved from Xfinity to YouTubeTV maybe 6 or 7 years ago (early in the streaming wars) and immediately saw an expense savings. Since then, we've collected all kinds of streaming app subscriptions a` la carte, moved to Dish (RV use), and added even more subscriptions. I'm scared to add them all up. I wouldn't be surprised if we pay double in total for content than we did back in the Xfinity-only days.

That is what happened with me and my girlfriend, we were doing Hulu Live as our main plus a bunch of subscriptions. Hulu kept creeping their prices up and the service kept getting more annoying. (getting commercials when you pay not to, a mediocre at best DVR and a terrible interface) Got a good deal locked in at XFinity for 2 years offered and took it.

Comcast is also extremely expensive and has very few package options.
Depends on where you live. An internet+tv double play through Xfinity is pretty much the same as internet+yttv in my area. I go with Xfinity in that case because 4K is free and there isn't a 60 second delay on all content.

Depends on where you live. An internet+tv double play through Xfinity is pretty much the same as internet+yttv in my area. I go with Xfinity in that case because 4K is free and there isn't a 60 second delay on all content.
internet+tv double play through Xfinity here in South Minneapolis was about $60 more than internet(USInternet fiber) + YTTV, which is why I made the switch. I've got about 95% of the same channels I watched.

You can’t drop TD’s that deflect into an int, miss Chip shot field goals and go for it on 4th and 2 from your own 29 and win when your offense is playing this bad.

I feel like Hulu/Disney stole from me. Hulu is absolutely terrible for watching football. You can't fast forward through commercials when behind/DVRd. Don't get it. All commercials all the time.

internet+tv double play through Xfinity here in South Minneapolis was about $60 more than internet(USInternet fiber) + YTTV, which is why I made the switch. I've got about 95% of the same channels I watched.
I’m in SE Michigan and it’s about $100-$110 either way.

Xfinity finally launched an Apple TV app so you don’t need more than 1 cable box anymore which always used to elevate the prices through Xfinity.

Top Bottom