ESPN: Gophers' Cockran developing into a force

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Cockran knew he didn't come in as a finished product. He also knew what can happen with the right development. Minnesota coaches often talk about Larry English, a defensive end who added about 30 pounds during his time at Northern Illinois, won consecutive MAC defensive player of the year awards and was a first-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.

"I've definitely watched him on film," said Cockran, who redshirted in 2011 and appeared in all 13 games as a reserve in 2012, recording six tackles and a sack. "He didn't take any plays off. He chased plays down from the back side; he chased plays down on the field. That's what made him a great player."

A late January trip to Minneapolis might not be an ideal recruiting tool, especially for a player from sun-splashed Florida. But for Cockran, it worked.

"It was love at first sight," he said. "Compared to places I've been, people here in Minnesota are very nice, very welcoming. They have great attitudes here. They welcome you with open arms."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/94110/gophers-cockran-developing-into-a-force

Go Gophers!!

Him having a huge season would be a great recruiting plus

Thanks for sharing this on TC. I hope he continues to develop as a pass rusher and becomes a little more stout against the run!
Is Kafo already here or will he be arriving in the summer?

Wait. I thought Mitch Leinder was playing Defensive End? :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing this on TC. I hope he continues to develop as a pass rusher and becomes a little more stout against the run!
Is Kafo already here or will he be arriving in the summer?

Summer

Who was our last player to be all-conference as a sophomore? I'm really excited to see what Cockran can do with his 2 remaining years.

I'd love to see Cockran go ballistic this season. He's on the verge if stardom. To steal a thread, I want Cockran to be "Troubling news for UW Program".

This gives me even more confidence in Kill because when Cockran first got here he was very high on him from the start. I have found that when Kill says something you should pay attention. If people did, we might not have some of these never ending strings on whether Jeff Jones is going to play this fall. Kill has pretty much laid out what criteria he uses to make that decision.

Anybody know if this guy has a sense of style?

"finished third in the league in sacks per game (7.5)"

I would love for him to get 7.5 sacks a game :)

Anybody know if this guy has a sense of style?

202283.jpg

And there it is! I love that pic.

I really hope that he has a long and successful NFL career so that his name keeps coming up here, so that I have a pretense to keep posting that pic. It would be a crying shame if I couldn't continue to do so on at least a monthly basis.

This is an example of low-classed crap that GOPHERHOLE really gets dragged down by. How many times will this garbage be repeated and this thread has now officially become trashed and really should be locked down and closed.

Certainly this is as bad as "long" posts. How many words and messages does this grotesque picture represent? This the worst of the worst kind of stuff. How many times can this nonsense be tolerated around here. Ban that damn picture before it drags down this site too far.

This is an example of low-classed crap that GOPHERHOLE really gets dragged down by. How many times will this garbage be repeated and this thread has now officially become trashed and really should be locked down and closed.

Certainly this is as bad as "long" posts. How many words and messages does this grotesque picture represent? This the worst of the worst kind of stuff. How many times can this nonsense be tolerated around here. Ban that damn picture before it drags down this site too far.

I don't understand. This picture epitomizes class to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope that he has a long and successful NFL career so that his name keeps coming up here, so that I have a pretense to keep posting that pic. It would be a crying shame if I couldn't continue to do so on at least a monthly basis.

Thanks for 1. catching on, and 2. not leaving me hanging. Could have been interpreted as an odd question otherwise.

can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

This gives me even more confidence in Kill because when Cockran first got here he was very high on him from the start. I have found that when Kill says something you should pay attention. If people did, we might not have some of these never ending strings on whether Jeff Jones is going to play this fall. Kill has pretty much laid out what criteria he uses to make that decision.

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't agree more. How many times did he say (early on) that he was going to be a good player / had a great motor. Coach knows exactly what he wants in getting certain types of players and it has been enjoyable seeing them develop.

Where is the post here about how TC will leave early for the NFL? We are slipping....

Top Bottom