ESPN: Contender or pretender: Minnesota (Bennett says "Pretender")

Station19 answered:

Are you talking about diapers or beer?

Someone stole my mid July car trunk warm Blatz Light and gave me a nice cold Miller Light instead. I was pi$$ed.

SJSU lost a ton of seniors and their coach. I'm not pencilling anything in, but this isn't last year's SJSU team.

They have a very good QB in David Frales, there are mock drafts for 2014 that have him going in the first round. We've yet to show we can dominate teams as bad as UNLV and NMST, no way in hell am I calling this game a lock.

I don't get the consensus here on why the gophers will beat either Penn State, Wisconsin or Iowa this season. Is it "just a feeling" as in you are hoping it happens? Is it because you beat UNLV, New Hampshire, Western Michigan, Syracuse, Purdue and Illinois instead of losing to New Mexico and South Dakota like the previous year? Is Johnny Football planning a secret late-summer transfer to Minnesota? I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourselves on all this supposed "progress". I think they should be set on beating New Mexico and Indiana primarily.

Just hurts me to see you set yourselves up for heart break every summer.

I don't get the consensus here on why the gophers will beat either Penn State, Wisconsin or Iowa this season. Is it "just a feeling" as in you are hoping it happens? Is it because you beat UNLV, New Hampshire, Western Michigan, Syracuse, Purdue and Illinois instead of losing to New Mexico and South Dakota like the previous year? Is Johnny Football planning a secret late-summer transfer to Minnesota? I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourselves on all this supposed "progress". I think they should be set on beating New Mexico and Indiana primarily.

Just setting yourself up for a huge ass crash when the pendulum swings our way. I'll still be here. You won't.

(5-0) to start our season troll - so suck it!

MorningCalmBadger said:

I don't think that's the consensus. I personally think that Iowa, Wisconsin, and (obviously) Penn State won't be fielding their best teams this year, all 3 games are at home, and we feel like the team is on the upswing, so they should be winnable games. One way for you not to have to see us set ourselves up for heart break would be to get a life.

I was going to go over to Beckyville and remind them that they still have zero national championships, less Big Ten titles than us, and that we still lead the head-to-head series despite their decided advantage over the past couple of decades.

But then I remembered that I have neither a tiny penis nor a complex about it that I assuage by frequenting the sports-themed message board of the rival of the team for whom I cheer.

Are people really upset we were called a "pretender", do you honestly think this team will contend for a Big Ten title this season? I know this forum is typically very heads in the clouds and manufacturing hope at every turn, but come on... this team is a pretender and it isn't an insult to the team, the coach, or the fans to say so.

A rational Gopher fan... they DO exist!

Just sayin... it's better to set your expectations low to avoid disappointing yourself instead of pulling a ruppertflywheel every year and looking like clowns.

See for the Red Invasion on Nov. 23!

A rational Gopher fan... they DO exist!

Just sayin... it's better to set your expectations low to avoid disappointing yourself instead of pulling a ruppertflywheel every year and looking like clowns.

What is that? Some Madison born, human/deer bred S.T.D? Yuck, you can keep that all to yourself.

I don't get the consensus here on why I'm a worthless human being. Is it "just a feeling" as in you can tell from my posts? Is it because I for some reason post on an opposing team's message board in May with the sole intent of riling up the natives? Is my wife ever coming back to me? I think my therapist is getting ahead of himself on all this supposed "progress". I think he should focus on my tendencies toward beastiality.

Just hurts me to see a lonely dead deer in the roadside ditch.

Whoa. Thanks for the confession?

For all the Badger fans who frequent this board, I have one thing to say:

Don Morton.

For those with short memories, I was living in WI during the Don Morton era, when the FB program was floundering.
What happened? A new,football-friendly administration came in, they hired Alvarez as FB coach, and the program turned around.

If WI can do it, then MN can do it too. And to all the Badger fans -you were bad once, and you could be bad again. All things go around - and when people get too cocky, life has a way of kicking them in the buttocks.

We have two people in this thread saying we can beat Wisconsin. One person saying we can beat Penn State (another saying it's a toss-up). I'm guessing the big words like "consensus" aren't taught in Wisconsin schools.

Family,

Got in last night from MSP. What beautiful weather for a Spring Game. Enjoyed everything about my visit. The atmosphere, excitement, the game, and the true football fans all of you are. Bought some great merchandise at the game at great prices. Came back fully GOPHERED out. The game was great. The facilities are absolutely phenomenal. The locker room is something amazing. I was completely impressed with everything. BTW, thanks for all the great things said about Jordan.

I feel if we have to worry about SJSU, we are not starting to well. We need to win 4 of our conference games, which I feel can be done. Iowa, Penn State, Indiana, and NW. If we can beat a MI or MI State, we are there and have arrived. I we eat a WI team, hell, we are in excellent shape. A lot has to do with the health of our team. We have depth in the trenches. Roland Johnson didn't even play and that man is a downright musclebound beast. Hageman is a man amongst boys. Timms, Cochran, Hinojosa all played well. The oline have a lot of bodies. Couldn't really tell you about the rest much because my focus was on the D-line. We have a good starting QB. We have a nice corps of running backs (they are all good. Impressed with 31 Banham. Runs with ba11$ for his size). And the best part, they are young and hungry. Coach Kill knows what he's doing. I'm telling you, this is the man to get this team to the next level. I'm not blowing smoke, I feel and trust in his plan. These kids are a family. that is the important thing. There might be a lot of talking and shoving in practices, but in the end, the are together and they are learning what they have to do to get to that level of the WI, MI, and OSU. I feel they have swag. That to me, is important. That MOJO. But please, i'm not trying to talk just to talk. This is my opinion. I might be wrong, my ex used to tell me that all the time....

I can see Jordan trying to do this. Love his addition.

I always hear about this, yet have never seen it happen any of the times Wis-fuc&adeercarcus has come to TCF?

MorningCalm, what is so bad in your life that you come on here? Is it something a psychiatrist could help with? Is Wis-fuc&adeercarcus going to improve on their 7-5 record from last year? I don't think every team in your division is on probation like last year, you may have to win a meaningful regular season game.

Tis the season for optimism. The time when pretenders think we can be contenders.

My definition of contender is being in a position to win a BIG title the last Saturday in November.

Tis the season for optimism. The time when pretenders think we can be contenders.

My definition of contender is being in a position to win a BIG title the last Saturday in November.

After the last forty years I'd settle for the first Saturday in November.

I was going to go over to Beckyville and remind them that they still have zero national championships, less Big Ten titles than us, and that we still lead the head-to-head series despite their decided advantage over the past couple of decades.

But then I remembered that I have neither a tiny penis nor a complex about it that I assuage by frequenting the sports-themed message board of the rival of the team for whom I cheer.

Haha...that gave me quite the giggle at the office today. Thanks for cheering up my Friday!

Top Bottom