ESPN: Contender or pretender: Minnesota (Bennett says "Pretender")

i don't certainly know about the 4 non cons being gift wrapped... SJSU could be interesting.

8 Wins this year...7 plus the bowl game. We will win the ones we should plus surprise a team (NE) at home.

They will not climb over "all" the Legend's powers this year...but I bet they may climb over a couple. (8-4) and a good Bowl.

I have this feeling, we will upset Wisconsin at home. We will win our 4 non conference games, then take down Iowa. We should beat Penn State and Indiana. We will suprise Wisconsin, i see us getting blown out by Nebraska. The key game is at Northwestern, we need to win that one to have a chance.

I don't have a problem with your prediction at all, but explain the blow out by Nebraska. Do you expect them to be that good?

SJSU lost a ton of seniors.

No they didn't. Look at their roster. They haven't lost many. The majority of their offense is still there and many defensive starters still are also unless many players have transferred out or decided to go pro but I didn't see any get drafted. We better not overlook them or we will be losing to them. I'm not ready to say this game is a lock as a win.

No they didn't. Look at their roster. They haven't lost many. The majority of their offense is still there and many defensive starters still are also unless many players have transferred out or decided to go pro but I didn't see any get drafted. We better not overlook them or we will be losing to them. I'm not ready to say this game is a lock as a win.

This..

I don't have a problem with your prediction at all, but explain the blow out by Nebraska. Do you expect them to be that good?

probably on the basis that abdullah and martinez will run all over us plus kenny bell could eat up our db's is the reason for that prediction. i don't thnk it'll be a blowout but that is probably the reasoning.

If you read the actual story it is a very fair right up. Talks about the team getting better but not being ready to contend which I think is a pretty common sentiment around here right now.

I would like to say the Gophers are winning 4 games in the Big Ten and it is very possible that it could happen. If things bounce right with an upset along the way maybe they could finish 5-3. That doesnt happen very often for the Gophers in fact the one thing you can count on for this team isnt a good thing. The Gophers over the last how many years have had to deal with injuries at an alarming level. I cant remember a year where the Gophers at some point during the year or for the entire year have had to juggle the offensive line. The last time off the top of my head we have not seen important starters missing chunks of the season was probably when Mason was coach.

I like to see the posters who are overly positive with so many nay sayers around. That being said lets not be blind to reality games against Penn State or Indiana are toss up games at this point. I don't think the Gophers should win these games I hope they can win these games because Indiana is an improving program with a coach that is recruiting pretty well. The Big Ten is tough if the Gophers and Coach Kill have turned things around they are going to win 3 or 4 games and maybe 5 if things really go well but the goal should be to not only get to a bowl big or otherwise its to win a bowl and have a final win total of 7-8 games.

Wolf, visit google and type in 'Eric Thrall' beginning in 1968 til the present review the team yr to yr BT record.

My mistake. I was wrong about that. They're returning 6 starters on defense, 7 on offense.

Our own coach says we're a pretender. You wouldn't cancel a home/home with an average BCS team(at a cost of 800k no less) over the next 2 years and replace it with a home/home against an awful team without a conference if you thought you were a contender.

Of course we're a pretender.

Wolf, visit google and type in 'Eric Thrall' beginning in 1968 til the present review the team yr to yr BT record.

Eric's data is incorporated within GopherHole - under History and Stats above, you can go to Eric's data under databases. He moved his site under GopherHole a year or two ago.

Go Gophers!!

Our own coach says we're a pretender. You wouldn't cancel a home/home with an average BCS team(at a cost of 800k no less) over the next 2 years and replace it with a home/home against an awful team without a conference if you thought you were a contender.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

Attachments

• grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg
    grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4

Family,

Got in last night from MSP. What beautiful weather for a Spring Game. Enjoyed everything about my visit. The atmosphere, excitement, the game, and the true football fans all of you are. Bought some great merchandise at the game at great prices. Came back fully GOPHERED out. The game was great. The facilities are absolutely phenomenal. The locker room is something amazing. I was completely impressed with everything. BTW, thanks for all the great things said about Jordan.

I feel if we have to worry about SJSU, we are not starting to well. We need to win 4 of our conference games, which I feel can be done. Iowa, Penn State, Indiana, and NW. If we can beat a MI or MI State, we are there and have arrived. I we eat a WI team, hell, we are in excellent shape. A lot has to do with the health of our team. We have depth in the trenches. Roland Johnson didn't even play and that man is a downright musclebound beast. Hageman is a man amongst boys. Timms, Cochran, Hinojosa all played well. The oline have a lot of bodies. Couldn't really tell you about the rest much because my focus was on the D-line. We have a good starting QB. We have a nice corps of running backs (they are all good. Impressed with 31 Banham. Runs with ba11$ for his size). And the best part, they are young and hungry. Coach Kill knows what he's doing. I'm telling you, this is the man to get this team to the next level. I'm not blowing smoke, I feel and trust in his plan. These kids are a family. that is the important thing. There might be a lot of talking and shoving in practices, but in the end, the are together and they are learning what they have to do to get to that level of the WI, MI, and OSU. I feel they have swag. That to me, is important. That MOJO. But please, i'm not trying to talk just to talk. This is my opinion. I might be wrong, my ex used to tell me that all the time....

Family,

Got in last night from MSP. What beautiful weather for a Spring Game. Enjoyed everything about my visit. The atmosphere, excitement, the game, and the true football fans all of you are. Bought some great merchandise at the game at great prices. Came back fully GOPHERED out. The game was great. The facilities are absolutely phenomenal. The locker room is something amazing. I was completely impressed with everything. BTW, thanks for all the great things said about Jordan.

I feel if we have to worry about SJSU, we are not starting to well. We need to win 4 of our conference games, which I feel can be done. Iowa, Penn State, Indiana, and NW. If we can beat a MI or MI State, we are there and have arrived. I we eat a WI team, hell, we are in excellent shape. A lot has to do with the health of our team. We have depth in the trenches. Roland Johnson didn't even play and that man is a downright musclebound beast. Hageman is a man amongst boys. Timms, Cochran, Hinojosa all played well. The oline have a lot of bodies. Couldn't really tell you about the rest much because my focus was on the D-line. We have a good starting QB. We have a nice corps of running backs (they are all good. Impressed with 31 Banham. Runs with ba11$ for his size). And the best part, they are young and hungry. Coach Kill knows what he's doing. I'm telling you, this is the man to get this team to the next level. I'm not blowing smoke, I feel and trust in his plan. These kids are a family. that is the important thing. There might be a lot of talking and shoving in practices, but in the end, the are together and they are learning what they have to do to get to that level of the WI, MI, and OSU. I feel they have swag. That to me, is important. That MOJO. But please, i'm not trying to talk just to talk. This is my opinion. I might be wrong, my ex used to tell me that all the time....

Thanks for you comment. The bolded closing statement? My ex used to tell me that all the time too, and she was wrong every time.

The coach is right. The team is a pretender and 5 wins on the season I would say is where this team is at.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

DT Jordan Hinojosa #96

And one of the nicest kids I've talked to on the team. My boys spent a little time talking with him after a practice, and Jordan was asking them what they were studying in school, if they're going to be at the games this year, thanked them for coming out to watch practice.

His attitude during practices is amazing. Absolute non-stop motor, getting other players jacked up. And he was easily the most enthusiastic player (among many) when my boys attending a camp a few weeks back.

I think he is going to become a fan favorite. Watch for this guy.

DT Jordan Hinojosa #96
Pffft. That kid's terrible.

I'm kidding, of course. I stupidly sat down at the Spring Game and didn't grab a program. #96 immediately stood out to me. I noticed his energy and enthusiasm and that he was making plays. I finally figured out who he was. I'm quite happy to have Jordan as a member of the Golden Gophers.

Top Bottom