ESPN College Gameday predicted to come to Minnesota

Why does North Dakota State get gameday every year?

I get that its a big time FCS School...... But its a big time FCS school....

Not to mention it wasn't even supposed to be a good game last year. It was against Incarnate Word, who was only in their second year of Division I, and from what I can find, North Dakota State was favored by 52.5 points and ended up winning 58-0. How many other games with 50+ point spreads do you think Gameday has gone to?

Would have to be in front of Williams Arena wouldn't it. The Bank and/or The Barn for a backdrop.

Reece Davis is his replacement. I have no idea why but he is my favorite personality at all of ESPN.

Everyone here is familiar with the end of the show where Corso puts on the mascot's headgear I assume. Watching him put on Goldy's head would be sweet but even if he picks us to win the game it still may not happen. I know someone in the Gopher athletic department who was a head coach of one of the cheerleading squads up until a few years ago. We were discussing the headgear segment and she said that the U would never allow anyone else to wear Goldy's headgear, including Lee Corso on Gameday. She was pretty emphatic about it too. Apparently the U takes the whole mascot thing very seriously, in fact this person I know would never even tell us who was under the Goldy costume. I'm hoping she was wrong but can you imagine how embarrassing that would be? They get to that segment, Corso predicts a Gopher victory and then says unfortunately we did not get permission to wear the mascot's headgear. Only the U could be that dumb.

That would suck if true. I do have a very tough time seeing that actually happen if Gameday comes here though.

Everyone here is familiar with the end of the show where Corso puts on the mascot's headgear I assume. Watching him put on Goldy's head would be sweet but even if he picks us to win the game it still may not happen. I know someone in the Gopher athletic department who was a head coach of one of the cheerleading squads up until a few years ago. We were discussing the headgear segment and she said that the U would never allow anyone else to wear Goldy's headgear, including Lee Corso on Gameday. She was pretty emphatic about it too. Apparently the U takes the whole mascot thing very seriously, in fact this person I know would never even tell us who was under the Goldy costume. I'm hoping she was wrong but can you imagine how embarrassing that would be? They get to that segment, Corso predicts a Gopher victory and then says unfortunately we did not get permission to wear the mascot's headgear. Only the U could be that dumb.
I can see their point though. To The U, I think Goldy is a "person" a celebrity of sorts not just a head. He isn't a guy in a costume to the U, but a real consistent personality which is one reason why he's so great, the U takes him seriously and protects the whole entity that is Goldy Gopher. What does Gameday do for Michigan? Just put on the helmet? They don't even have a mascot.

There are ways around this. Wear an Elmer Fudd hat, carry a shotgun and have a dead Badger...

I can see their point though. To The U, I think Goldy is a "person" a celebrity of sorts not just a head. He isn't a guy in a costume to the U, but a real consistent personality which is one reason why he's so great, the U takes him seriously and protects the whole entity that is Goldy Gopher. What does Gameday do for Michigan? Just put on the helmet? They don't even have a mascot.

Yep.

After looking at some of the locations they filmed Gameday, I become more convinced that Northrop Mall would be the place if we ever get it. Often the set is not next to the stadium, but in a good open space for sign carrying fans.

After looking at some of the locations they filmed Gameday, I become more convinced that Northrop Mall would be the place if we ever get it. Often the set is not next to the stadium, but in a good open space for sign carrying fans.
would make the most sense but who knows what the U will demand since they can't even bear the thought of hosting Monday night football. They could go downtown minneapolis. They usually setup on Thursday so would need to block off some streets for a couple days.

Outside of Atlanta and Dallas for conference championships, have they ever done GameDay in bigger metro areas?

Outside of Atlanta and Dallas for conference championships, have they ever done GameDay in bigger metro areas?

Quickly scanning over the cities that College Gameday has visited: Miami, Columbus, New Orleans, Kansas City, Jacksonville (Florida vs. Georgia neutral site), Atlanta (for a Georgia Tech game), Boston.

Some of those are for bowl games. I think the smallest of those is New Orleans with a population of 380,000 something, and I think they're all close to as big as, or bigger than, Minneapolis, though maybe smaller than the entire Twin Cities metro.

Top Bottom