Eric Stark offered roster spot

Somewhat true, but for Stark who was the sole star player on a team, the opponent focused defense on him. For Hopkins you need to play against all five. He might not excel but Grand Rapids gave us Dusty.

stark wasn't the only star. their point guard was pretty damn good and is going to play at U of Mary.

Nobody said we should give him a scholarship next year if Royce or someone doesn't come back. That doesn't matter if you know d3 players who averaged 20 ppg as a senior in 4a basketball. There are so many factors when trying to determine how someone will translate at the college level. There are tons and tons of players who score below 20 ppg in high school and play at major d1 schools. What's your point cutoff for determining whether someone is good enough for the NBA without ever seeing him play?

I was replying to someone who said we should give him a scholarship next year or if Royce dosen't come back or something. I personally know D3 players who averaged 20 ppg as a senior in 4A ball. and they were both 6'4 6'5 and could shoot and dribble. This kid being 6'2" and not very fast would never make it in a Major conference. I don't care if hes a hometown hero. And royce and Rodney played on teams full of talent.

There is no comparison between the talent on Coopers roster and Hopkins in 2009. Hypothetically, I would say Grand Rapids '10 was much better than Rodney's '09 team.

No. Joe Bright, Kenqune Brown, Quincy Bethea freddy burton all were D3, D2, or mid major D1 talent. Grand Rapids has 1 good player besides this kid.

Benilde, DeLasalle, St. Paul Johnson, not bad competition in the state tournament.

I was replying to someone who said we should give him a scholarship next year or if Royce dosen't come back or something. I personally know D3 players who averaged 20 ppg as a senior in 4A ball. and they were both 6'4 6'5 and could shoot and dribble. This kid being 6'2" and not very fast would never make it in a Major conference. I don't care if hes a hometown hero. And royce and Rodney played on teams full of talent.

So Lawrence Westbrook averaged 40.14 ppg his senior year in high school. Shouldn't he have been a one and done then and doing great in the NBA right now with those insane high school stats? He averaged 12.7 ppg between his junior and senior years in college. Your point is not valid due to the fact that everyone's games are different and translate to the next level in many different ways.

Winona State, for instance, has roughly 8 full scholarships to divide between 10-12 players, meaning some (2/3 players) are on 100 percent full rides. That means roughly 5 scholarships are divided up between 10 players, each getting a half ride.

Top Bottom