Eric Decker and Jessie James to have a reality show on E!

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
Oh Eric.....I sure hope you are getting a lot of money to hopefully not become the next Kris Humphries...

“Love and Other Contact Sports: Eric and Jessie” – Late summer 2013

From Khloé & Lamar to Kendra & Hank, E! has followed the romantic celebrity relationships of popular athletes and their gorgeous companions for years. The new “Love and Other Contact Sports” franchise will take viewers inside the confines of even more celebrity/athlete romances starting with country/pop singer Jessie James and her fiancé, Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker whose wedding is quickly approaching. The series will chronicle the sexy young couple’s road to the altar as they juggle careers, relationships, family and more. Currently residing in their Denver dream home, they share an ambition to succeed, a charmingly fun and unfiltered outlook on life, and most of all, a red hot attraction for each other. Produced by Shed Media U.S.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/04/e-ord...hews-talk-show-will-develop-the-soup-spinoff/

These shows are only bad when the people in them are trainwrecks. Look at Bill and Guiliana. They have a show, and they are shown to be great people.

LOL @ the Kris Humphries reference, unless he's leaving her for a Kardashian, I think he'll be fine. Just cause he has a reality show doesn't mean his life is gonna crumble to bits. If anything, it's just gonna make him even more mainstream, which will only help his bottom line and popularity. Playing with Peyton Manning already catapulted his name, and now he's taking advantage of that to expand his base. More power to him. I might even stop by for a split second and check it out.

... I thought he was better than that. Sad.

I'm guessing this has everything to do with her career, and launching it, than his. I thought this was a weird move for him too - he's already the hottest guy in the NFL, and he's actually good, he clearly doesn't need the publicity. Guessing that he's being a good fiance, and doing this for her.

I'm sure he'll rep MN well!

I have to admit I sort of wondered about them going for this type of thing after reading some of his tweets over the last year or so. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that would sign on to this upon his graduation from the U but he DOES seem like the kind of guy that would sign up for this now.

Meh. I try to look at this as what I would do if I were in his shoes. Yes, I think these shows are garbage. But if I were him, I would think "Hey, I don't particularly care if people know this stuff about me. And they will pay me. More publicity doesn't hurt in terms of football contracts either. Why not?" I'd go for it. Not because I like the attention, but more as I wouldn't see any harm.

I hope the non stop media circus that surrounds these reality stars doesn't become too much of a distraction for him and takes away from his continuing growth in the NFL.

I hope the non stop media circus that surrounds these reality stars doesn't become too much of a distraction for him and takes away from his continuing growth in the NFL.

I know. I wonder how much time it will take him to learn his lines.

I might have to take a pass on this show and do my best to remember moments like his TD catch against Cal, instead...
https://vine.co/v/bUP76ui0pBA
[video]https://vine.co/v/bUP76ui0pBA[/video]

Who? I have no idea who these people are.

E! reality show stars. The only reason I know who they are is because my wife watches Bill and Guilianna. Bill is actually a successful businessman. Anyway, this is a terrible idea. Minnesota boys really need to stay away from reality shows.

Hey Eric, you should call Kris Humphries and see how being on a reality show worked out for him.

I can't believe this is a topic on Gopherhole. The offseason blows.

Eric Decker will obviously be more "TV Friendly" than Kris Humphries, anyone who has ever heard the two of them speak would understand why.

However, I don't get it. He doesn't need this show. She is trying to launch her career and they are jeopardizing their marriage for the sake of her career. Oh well, hopefully he comes across well (i'm sure he will) and they don't ruin their marriage.

I actually think if done right this could take Decker to a whole new level in terms of popularity. Assuming he is still roughly the same guy he was when he left the U of M he will come across great on camera. Not sure it is the greatest idea career wise but if the show has a good tone to it and isn't wrapped up in a lot of scandal it could be a great thing for Decker. Of course in the end we all know the show is really for his fiance and to help her career far more than his.

I share the opinion of most, I would hope Decker would be focused on taking his NFL career to the next level. He actually has a great opportunity to become a Pro Bowl WR in Denver with Manning at QB, but he's going to have to work at it to get enough balls thrown his way with both Thomas and Welker also on the team. For a guy still on his rookie contract, this is a risky move with little upside. If he does make it to free agency, this reality show will not be received positively by some NFL teams, even if he comes off well.

Unless he comes across as a complete ahole wife beating drug addict, no NFL team will give a crap that he did a reality show with his hot fiance when he becomes a free agent if he continues to produce the way he did this past season. This is a league that gives convicts and drug addicts contract after contract. Decker and James both have very good images overall, I have to believe Decker is smart enough to not get involved in something that is going to make him look bad.

On top of that all reports are Decker is an extremely hard worker on and off the football field. He knows how competitive things are in the NFL he is not going to blow the awesome opportunity he has with Peyton Manning. Give the guy a little credit and I don't know maybe wait to see what the show actually looks like before condemning the guy and this decision.

He is a wide receiver

Wide receivers are a pretty prima donna cast of characters in the NFL. Eric has to fall pretty far
to jeopardize his NFL career for activities off the field. If he continues to play well he'll be just fine.

I think Nadine expressed it best...he's being a "good husband". He's in love! Hopefully, we've all been there. You do dumb sh..

Ok, I hate these reality shows....but I will be the first to admit...I'm going to watch the first episode of this one just because its Decker.

Unless he comes across as a complete ahole wife beating drug addict, no NFL team will give a crap that he did a reality show with his hot fiance when he becomes a free agent if he continues to produce the way he did this past season. This is a league that gives convicts and drug addicts contract after contract. Decker and James both have very good images overall, I have to believe Decker is smart enough to not get involved in something that is going to make him look bad.

On top of that all reports are Decker is an extremely hard worker on and off the football field. He knows how competitive things are in the NFL he is not going to blow the awesome opportunity he has with Peyton Manning. Give the guy a little credit and I don't know maybe wait to see what the show actually looks like before condemning the guy and this decision.
One of the crazier things about the NFL is how they will give multiple shots to players that keep getting in trouble with the law but if you are considered a distraction with the media they won't touch you. Look at Tebow, now I realize he isn't that good, but I definitely think he would have plenty of teams wanting to try and develop him as a back up if he didn't have the media storm following him.

Only 1 example I know but there are more like Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens...

Decker name will be tossed out for the goph HC job in 2017.

I think everyone here thinks Decker is more popular than he really is. Not many people outside of good NFL fans know who he is. This will help his brand a ton. And that will get him ad deals which could make him a lot of money. And no, this will not hurt his football skills. It is a reality show. He isnt filming a movie in a foreign location for 6 months.

And with regards to Kris Humphries. NOBODY knew who he was before the Kardashian crap. So that worked out pretty well, even if he did come off as kind of a dumb *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# on that show.

One of the crazier things about the NFL is how they will give multiple shots to players that keep getting in trouble with the law but if you are considered a distraction with the media they won't touch you. Look at Tebow, now I realize he isn't that good, but I definitely think he would have plenty of teams wanting to try and develop him as a back up if he didn't have the media storm following him.

Only 1 example I know but there are more like Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens...

I agree with you in principal but all that goes out the window if a guy can play and based on what Decker has done to this point in his NFL career clearly he can. As DL Guy mentioned this will be a great way for Decker to improve his brand and if he comes across well it could thrust him into the spotlight even more and potentially land him some lucrative endorsement deals. I will be very curious to see the show when it comes out but I will be shocked if it turns out to be something that will make Decker look bad in the long run. Just think he is too smart to do anything that will hurt his NFL career, not to mention I am sure the team would have to sign off before he could agree to anything like this so my guess would be they are on board as well.

Nobody goes on TV expecting to look bad. (including the anchorman who bleeped his career the other day.) I have to agree that this is more about his girlfriend and her career. I work at a radio station that plays country music, and I don't think we have any of her songs in our rotation. Good-looking women who want to be singers are a dime a dozen. For every Shania Twain who breaks out, there are 100's, if not 1,000's of semi-hot women working as bartenders and waitresses who think they're going to be a country star.

this whole thing has me thinking........"be careful what you ask for"........

short ornery norwegian said:
Nobody goes on TV expecting to look bad. (including the anchorman who bleeped his career the other day.) I have to agree that this is more about his girlfriend and her career. I work at a radio station that plays country music, and I don't think we have any of her songs in our rotation. Good-looking women who want to be singers are a dime a dozen. For every Shania Twain who breaks out, there are 100's, if not 1,000's of semi-hot women working as bartenders and waitresses who think they're going to be a country star.

this whole thing has me thinking........"be careful what you ask for"........

I have heard 1 of her songs on the radio and I don't even listen to country stations. She is easy on the eyes and hard on the ears if you ask me.

Top Bottom