End of year 4 (3)

Some guy

Reaction score
On the record. Who thinks there shouldn’t be another year?

If you aren’t willing to post here...quit being so damn whiny

No one actually thinks Fleck should be fired, right? This is a joke and why this forum sucks. The sky is falling after every damn loss.
Agree that no one thinks he should be. Are there actually people who even posted that? Why did this thread even need to be started?

Last edited:

No one actually thinks Fleck should be fired, right? This is a joke and why this forum sucks. The sky is falling after every damn loss.
I think probably 20-25% of this board thinks either an OC, Special teams coordinator, or head coach should be fired.
Would like them on the record.

just bitching about strategy but not wanting it to change is pretty stupid and “a joke”

I will go on record for the following:

1. Another year for Fleck? Of course.

2. Would like Fleck to sign more top MN kids

3. Would like Fleck to beat Iowa and Wisconsin regularly.

4. Think Fleck needs to stop puckering when faced with tough decisions on the field, later in games.

Only complaint is hammering into the teeth of a Defense that is completely sold out to stop that run. Understand that if the RB can get thru that 1st wall it can be a long gain. Just seems it's been a bad bet when facing a strong D or DLine.

That said can't judge the Offense or Special Teams performances this year. Both suffered a lot from injuries and COVID. The kicking game in particular didn't have a chance of being successful. Now throw in the O.L health problems. On D the toil taken on the Line and DBs made the chances of a good season minimal indeed.

Should they have beaten MD and WI? Think so but plenty of Terrapin and Badger fans can point too calls that went against their team to say the answer should be no.

Anybody who cares whether the Gophers win or not should wipe this season away.

Those that fervently hope they keep losing will keep posting about it anyway.

I will go on record for the following:

1. Another year for Fleck? Of course.

2. Would like Fleck to sign more top MN kids

3. Would like Fleck to beat Iowa and Wisconsin regularly.

4. Think Fleck needs to stop puckering when faced with tough decisions on the field, later in games.

This is basically what I had in mind plus this:

5. More longevity for assistants for better continuity.

6. hammer #3 over and over, it is the key.

I think probably 20-25% of this board thinks either an OC, Special teams coordinator, or head coach should be fired.
Would like them on the record.

just bitching about strategy but not wanting it to change is pretty stupid and “a joke”

Consider me on the record for your initial post:

dbag.jpg

You, sir, appear to be a whiner......
Well, fleck is going to continue to be conservative and continue to run the ball at a 70% rate on first down and 55% on second down.
He probably won’t go 12-0 next year.

Thoughts? Other than just complaining that we go into a shell too much? Because we are going to continue to go into a shell. We play the first half in a shell too.

Well, fleck is going to continue to be conservative and continue to run the ball at a 70% rate on first down and 55% on second down.

Thoughts? Other than just complaining that we go into a shell too much? Because we are going to continue to go into a shell. We play the first half in a shell too.
Sing more top MN kids.

Beat IA and WI regularly.

Are those thoughts or whining? Both?

So you missed them the first time and decided to whine about an observation/thought?
You’re really just saying stuff everyone agrees with

This thread isn’t targeted at you. This thread is targeted at people complaining about conservatism. Because if they don’t think you can win with conservatism they should really want a coaching change right now

You’re really just saying stuff everyone agrees with

This thread isn’t targeted at you. This thread is targeted at people complaining about conservatism. Because if they don’t think you can win with conservatism they should really want a coaching change right now
Being conservative at the right time is great.

Being conservative at the wrong time isn't.

Being conservative at the right time is great.

Being conservative at the wrong time isn't.
I agree. But I’m not going to dwell on it. Fleck is going to continue to be what he is. There are a couple dozen posters that complain about every decision he makes...and that’s fine but he is going to continue to be conservative. So if people really think it’s that bad, they should start advocating for change. And if they don’t, they should quit whining about everything.

I agree. But I’m not going to dwell on it. Fleck is going to continue to be what he is. There are a couple dozen posters that complain about every decision he makes...and that’s fine but he is going to continue to be conservative. So if people really think it’s that bad, they should start advocating for change. And if they don’t, they should quit whining about everything.
Maybe you can quit reading the message board after a loss to our short-handed rival if it bothers you so much.

Maybe you can quit reading the message board after a loss to our short-handed rival if it bothers you so much.
Well that’s true isn’t it. And the same statement applies to you doesn’t it?

I’ll go on record and say Wenger should be on the hot seat. Our kicking and punting was bad this year. Crawford didn’t look like he deserved a scholarship, and we have two scholarship kickers that couldn’t play. Lantz had surgery, but where was Ryerse all year? Outside of the Demetrius Douglas punt return for a TD against Wisconsin in 2018, have we had a big kick or punt return in 4 years? We had Wiley returning kicks this year and he looked clueless.

Well that’s true isn’t it. And the same statement applies to you doesn’t it?
Last I checked, I’m not the one bitching and starting threads about what people are posting. Grow a pair.

I’ll go on record and say Wenger should be on the hot seat. Our kicking and punting was bad this year. Crawford didn’t look like he deserved a scholarship, and we have two scholarship kickers that couldn’t play. Lantz had surgery, but where was Ryerse all year? Outside of the Demetrius Douglas punt return for a TD against Wisconsin in 2018, have we had a big kick or punt return in 4 years? We had Wiley returning kicks this year and he looked clueless.
Yeah I’m not sure what exactly the kicker/punter issue is but when we attempt to return a punt or kick we seem more likely to get a penalty than a big return

You don’t take a program like Minnesota’s, hire a coach, and then expect to win the west division and the Big10 every year after just 3-4 seasons. Only way you do that is if you hire Saben. It will take Fleck, or almost anyone else, 6-8 years minimum to get this program to the point where it is at Wisconsin and Iowa’s level. In the meantime, you enjoy the occasional upset of a highly ranked team or the 11 win season like last year. But we are not at the 10-11 win level EVERY year just yet. We all have to be patient. We need to be in this for the long haul like Iowa with Frye and Wisconsin with the Alvarez coaching chain. We are getting better. The talent is obviously getting better. Please be patient folks. We are headed in the right direction.

I will note that Winfield had a number of very good returns as well. However, that was more of his superior athleticism than anything else. The rest of the return game over Flecks tenure has been abysmal. It seems like they’re using the wrong people. If you only saw Wiley back there once, you noticed that guy should not be a kick returner. I am delighted that it appears Dragan can regularly either kick it in the end zone or at least get it close. That’s at least a step up from what we’ve had in that aspect.

Those percentages seem about right when you have the best RB in the Big Ten.

There's absolutely zero reason to say Fleck should be fired, I do think Ibrahim was a giant bailout for what otherwise could've been a truly disasterous season. There needs to be a long hard look at coaching and personnel but I am confident Fleck will understand the improvements that need to be made.

There's absolutely zero reason to say Fleck should be fired, I do think Ibrahim was a giant bailout for what otherwise could've been a truly disasterous season.
True, and last year without bateman and Morgan and t Johnson we would’ve been worse.

In fact, if you take the best players off of any gophers team the year probably results in a disaster...

What a dumb post. No one thinks he should be fired. You posted about it. This is why you suck.

Top Bottom