EDIT: Gold Out Sold Out! Nationally broadcast Thursday night opener vs Huskers with FOX's A-team in town will be a packed house

Added 2 more tickets today. I did notice that the face value price from the U has steadily increased in the stadium. The get - in price from $60 during the early access period (with STH discount after fees) to $104 (with STH discount after fees). Hot ticket market!

1,389 tix remaining per Gophersports.com.

Nebraska has a great reputation for traveling well. Anyone else surprised their fans haven’t scooped up more tickets? Especially being the opening game and a drive-able destination.

Nebraska has a great reputation for traveling well. Anyone else surprised their fans haven’t scooped up more tickets? Especially being the opening game and a drive-able destination.
No, they will have their 7-8k roughly. They don’t travel as well because they have been awful and Minnesota charges a lot more with a smaller stadium and not college town prices. Only reason it’s not sold out already is the $125 plus tickets in the upper deck.

Ya, new coach, new excitement. Very surprised it wasn't sold out long ago.
But, Thursday night game is an issue for people with jobs...probably at least two days vacation time. No idea? Busy time for farmers...end of August?

Ya, new coach, new excitement. Very surprised it wasn't sold out long ago.
But, Thursday night game is an issue for people with jobs...probably at least two days vacation time. No idea? Busy time for farmers...end of August?

The farmers thing I’m pretty sure is a joke. But if not—yikes.

Gopher Pass - Sold Out
Zone 7 - $249 level season tix - Sold Out
Zone 6 - $310 level season tix - Sold Out

4 Season tix total available in the lower level. 3 together in Section 101, and 1 single in 110.

The farmers thing I’m pretty sure is a joke. But if not—yikes.
Nebraska is the number 3 state in agricultural production. Minnesota is 5. The farmers I know, all have season tickets. I assume from my family gatherings that farmers make up a decent percentage of college fans in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota because all of them as a group in my family gathering test group root for their favorite college teams passionately.
I also know at certain times of the year farmers work very long hours.
So, explain the yikes to me?

Nebraska is the number 3 state in agricultural production. Minnesota is 5. The farmers I know, all have season tickets. I assume from my family gatherings that farmers make up a decent percentage of college fans in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota because all of them as a group in my family gathering test group root for their favorite college teams passionately.
I also know at certain times of the year farmers work very long hours.
So, explain the yikes to me?

You’re using anecdotal evidence. Nebraska fans have always traveled very well. Farming is not the reason this game is not sold out. You said yourself all the farmers you know have season tickets. Do you think they’d have them if they couldn’t attend games due to being busy? No. They wouldn’t. And the farming season in Nebraska is not that different. But you know that—because of all these farmers you allegedly know with season tickets.

How does one know how many/few tickets Huskers fans have already purchased either directly or the secondary market? Won't really know until game day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20-25% red.

Down to 599 tix remaining on Gophersports.com.

No one knows the number of tickets NE fans bought on the secondary market.

Seriously every year I am amazed at the excuses on why the gophers have not sold tickets as well as people think they should.

We start our annual pilgrimage from Key West on Sunday! Let’s Go! Let me know if you want us to stop by your tailgate! 😂

The jacking up of prices for the WI, NE, and IA games has been great for Gophers.

Keeps most of the hillbillies out of the stadium that we used to see in Dome and allows the wealthier fans from our rivals to help raise our athletic department's bottom line.

How does one know how many/few tickets Huskers fans have already purchased either directly or the secondary market? Won't really know until game day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20-25% red.

Down to 599 tix remaining on Gophersports.com.
I don't think there will be 10-13K Nebraska fans. I'd guess half that.

I've got a large group going, mostly of folks who wouldn't otherwise be there, since I am getting married the following Sunday. There will be 21 of us (originally 22, but one family member is in the Navy and was not approved for leave to attend the wedding :/), and my brother @swelna designed a shirt on custom ink for all of use to wear, so we'll all be in gold!

I don't think there will be 10-13K Nebraska fans. I'd guess half that.
If the Gold out is effective, we should have a pretty good idea by the percentage wearing Red. A Thursday night, perhaps that will lower the ratio, but I still think 20% is a quite reasonable expectation.

Top Bottom