EDIT: Gold Out Sold Out! Nationally broadcast Thursday night opener vs Huskers with FOX's A-team in town will be a packed house

You’re using anecdotal evidence. Nebraska fans have always traveled very well. Farming is not the reason this game is not sold out.
Nebraska farmers are too busy taking their docks out of their cornfields this time of year to care about football.

How does one know how many/few tickets Huskers fans have already purchased either directly or the secondary market? Won't really know until game day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20-25% red.

Down to 599 tix remaining on Gophersports.com.
More than 100 sold today, down to 494.

14 days to go. 395 tickets to sell
Back up to 477 that I could tell this morning. This could have been sold out weeks ago when the single game tickets were reasonably priced for season ticket holders and to the public. However; now the cheapest tickets are $195. Reason colleges sell out 100k seat stadiums is because tickets are like $50-$60 for most seats. Who is going to buy tickets at these prices, corporations?

Back up to 477 that I could tell this morning. This could have been sold out weeks ago when the single game tickets were reasonably priced for season ticket holders and to the public. However; now the cheapest tickets are $195. Reason colleges sell out 100k seat stadiums is because tickets are like $50-$60 for most seats. Who is going to buy tickets at these prices, corporations?
Yeah 454. Perhaps they dumped back in player or visiting team holds. It’ll sell out sometime next week if it doesn’t over the weekend. I’ve noticed the weekends have been a lot better for sales.

CFB fans.

I hope the place is packed and there is great atmosphere for the game.

having said that, there are always going to be some no-shows. Is there any mechanism whereby unused seats are released for walk-up sales right before game time?

(I will be working my side gig doing PA for a HS volleyball match, so I will catch the game on my DVR.)

CFB fans.
I'm all for it, should be a great gate. More wondering if fans are going to want to pay that price and what team they are going to support at those prices. Maybe it prices out some of the Nebraska fans wanting to make the trip and buy a ticket last minute.

I don’t know if the tickets were ever reasonable for Nebraska single game sales. I paid a healthy amount for 4 tickets from the Gopher website a few days after they went on sale.

Nebraska fan posted on the other board and said that their fans don't have this one circled for a big travel game due to their game at Colorado the next week. That is a much bigger rivalry for them and people are saving their money for it.

As someone who is going to the CU/Nebraska game this year, I can tell you with FACE VALUE tickets through the school being $570 each, I can't blame people for saving up.

Nebraska fan posted on the other board and said that their fans don't have this one circled for a big travel game due to their game at Colorado the next week. That is a much bigger rivalry for them and people are saving their money for it.

As someone who is going to the CU/Nebraska game this year, I can tell you with FACE VALUE tickets through the school being $570 each, I can't blame people for saving up.
Great to hear. I know a lot of them live here so if the ones that live in Omaha travel to Colorado instead should be heavy Gopher fan contingent in a few weeks. $570 is a lot considering this isn't 1990's rivalry anymore.

Great to hear. I know a lot of them live here so if the ones that live in Omaha travel to Colorado instead should be heavy Gopher fan contingent in a few weeks. $570 is a lot considering this isn't 1990's rivalry anymore.

Yeah it's crazy. Glad my brother treated for this game!😅

I was at the CU/NE game in '93....crazy times.

Ticket prices are lower than that on secondary market now (some in the 130-150 range all in), but agree this is a pricy gate. Hopefully seeing lots of gopher fans coming in for state fair weekend and catching the game Thursday to kick off a full weekend here rather than having extra red here

If the Gold out is effective, we should have a pretty good idea by the percentage wearing Red. A Thursday night, perhaps that will lower the ratio, but I still think 20% is a quite reasonable expectation.
The last few times NE has been here, it was lower than 20%. Looking at Omaha public schools, and they start school mid-August. So getting away during school days, not a weekend will limit those with school age children and/or work in the education field. The visitor section will be full red, and the upper deck corners will be maybe 50% red. My guess is 6k red in the stadium.

edit: A few years ago when I had three kids in daycare we sat up in the upper deck corner to save money. Although NE fans are actually pretty reasonable, sitting amongst a bunch of red during those games made me prioritize and now we're in the lower deck in the chairbacks. Worth every cent.

Last edited:

I'm all for it, should be a great gate. More wondering if fans are going to want to pay that price and what team they are going to support at those prices. Maybe it prices out some of the Nebraska fans wanting to make the trip and buy a ticket last minute.
Who has it priced out? Stadium will be full.

Who has it priced out? Stadium will be full.
I never said it wouldn't be just that they could have sold it out a few weeks ago. Not every Gopher fan is going to want to be a $195 is all I'm saying and would prefer less Nebraska fans. Sounds like they are prioritizing the Colorado road game instead.

Did OSU in 2021 sell out? If not I can't think of the last sellout home opener, maybe TCU?

Did OSU in 2021 sell out? If not I can't think of the last sellout home opener, maybe TCU?
Announced attendance for the Ohio St game in 2021 was 50,850 so yeah 100% capacity per ESPN.

The TCU game in 2015 had the benefit of some temporary seats in the west end zone with the Vikings as tenants. 54,147 for that one.

Announced attendance for the Ohio St game in 2021 was 50,850 so yeah 100% capacity per ESPN.

The TCU game in 2015 had the benefit of some temporary seats in the west end zone with the Vikings as tenants. 54,147 for that one.

TCU was also #2 in the nation.
Ohio St was #6.

Somewhat different than this current Nebraska situation

I've got a large group going, mostly of folks who wouldn't otherwise be there, since I am getting married the following Sunday. There will be 21 of us (originally 22, but one family member is in the Navy and was not approved for leave to attend the wedding :/), and my brother @swelna designed a shirt on custom ink for all of use to wear, so we'll all be in gold!
One of our tailgate buddies made custom shirts for 12 of us lol.

TCU was also #2 in the nation.
Ohio St was #6.

Somewhat different than this current Nebraska situation
True, but also a Big 10 West Division rival and an easy drive for the visiting fans. Many different factors.

Top Bottom