E Kentucky Football: OL Colton Scurry Fights UK Players, Takes Bottle to Face (Photo)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Jeff Scurry, Colton's dad, was reluctant to discuss the incident that caused his son's injuries, but two EKU students who described the scene at Jerzees in Richmond said Scurry was the aggressor in the bar fight that they allege involved three University of Kentucky football players: Drew Barker, Dorian Baker and Tymere Dubose.

Richmond police update their investigation of an alleged bar fight between UK, EKU athletes

"We were in the back part of Jerzees," said Will Ruholt, a friend of Barker's from Conner High School. "A couple people started talking (abusively) and things started to get a little heated. Colton Scurry is the one who started the entire fight. He pushed me. Multiple people can verify that."

Zach Littleton, an EKU sophomore who said he accompanied the UK players, also described Scurry as the instigator.

"I was actually pretty sober and I was watching everything that was going down," Littleton said. "Basically what happened was a bunch of UK football players come in and all you hear is, 'This is my neighborhood. What are you doing here?'

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...leged-involvement-kentucky-athletes/22434927/

per Lost Lettermen:

Eastern Kentucky OL Colton Scurry got in a barfight this weekend with several University of Kentucky football players, according to witnesses quoted in The Courier-Journal. He didn’t make out so well.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.lostlettermen.com/articl...-colton-scurry-fights-uk-players-takes-bottle

Go Gophers!!

Woah... i thought the cut on his left eye (our right) was his eye lid and it had melted down to a different angle. Gruesome even without said transformation of the face.

I'm no lawyer but I don't think a push is justification for a gang of guys to jump someone and smash a bottle into his face. People shouldn't shove each other in situations like this because it's absolutely an escalation, but it's absolutely not assault or starting the fight.

Escalation. Shouting...Shove....punches.....

I can't wait for GHers to compare & contrast this event with Phil Nelson's. I should go pop some popcorn.

And thanks to the Internet, here's footage of the fight:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom