Dylan Wright

Tough break with Wright. Seemed like he was getting some more looks with Athan behind center. Think he would have been an asset with a more downfield passing game.....which is more likely moving forward with Athan. But with the transfers coming in....and his sporadic usage....I'm not entirely surprised. Good luck to him wherever he lands.
Still the same coach (Simon). So other than the transfers coming in ... I don't get it.

And those guys committed back in December.

I assume they all went through winter workouts together. So you're telling me that Wright saw those dudes lifting weights and running agility drills and was like "damn! I can't beat them out!"

Just so weird to me. But whatever

Best of luck to him, wherever he lands! I hope first and foremost that this young man ends up with a degree.

What you think GI people are lurking on here, waiting to bust people for sharing insider info? They might scold someone for doing so but that's it.

I paid for the access for a couple years (didn't re-up this year since Ryan James is an idiot) and shared stuff on Gopherhole all the time. I paid for it and can do whatever I please with the info.
I have no idea. Never have paid for GI access and don't plan on it any time soon.

I bet Wright spent some fun in Mexico and said I need to find a place that will give me a check so I can get a taste of the good life. That or he went on hooka palooza, and said F the U, I'm out.

Best of luck to Dylan Wright. IMHO, he had flashes of his potential. He would have been beaten out by other WRs with more drive and saw the handwriting on the wall.

With Athan Kaliakmanis, game planning will change to take advantage of his skill sets. There better be good credible receiving threads on the field.

CAB is known and after the game Brock. and Jackson had against Wisconsin, until proven otherwise those three "should be" the starters. Spencer and Crooms should have to do some really good things in practice and spring to unseat them. Perhaps they will
I think we could have a 5 or 6 man rotation at WR during the season. Keep guys fresh and play some situational substitution. CrAB and Jackson are established when healthy; love Le'Meke, but he might be an equal in talent, with less game day experience, than a couple of the transfers. I don't think Crooms comes here, with one season left, without some coach-fed, high expectation of playing time.

I am watching Kristen Hoskins with interest. He had a 4.4 or better 40-time in HS.

Let me offer this thought-

WR Depth is different for a run-first team as opposed to a pass-first team.

when the Gophers were running the ball 60%+ of the time, they didn't need as many WR's because they were rarely featured in the offense.

But, with AK at QB and Mo gone, IF the Gophers are going to feature the pass more heavily in the offense, then WR depth becomes a greater need.

from that viewpoint, you don't want to lose talent. and Wright had talent - but he was inconsistent. It was easy to see the big catches and think "if he could do that all the time." Just like the golfer who nails a long iron 10 feet from the pin and thinks "If I could do that all the time......"

but the point is, Wright didn't do that all the time. just like that golfer who puts his next shot in the trap or in the water.

I personally will take a slightly less talented player who is consistent over a more talented player who is inconsistent, because the inconsistent player will drive you crazy.
Long irons were not invented by the golf gods to be hit within ten feet of the hole. Had you used wedges I would have bought your reasoning. :)

What you think GI people are lurking on here, waiting to bust people for sharing insider info? They might scold someone for doing so but that's it.

I paid for the access for a couple years (didn't re-up this year since Ryan James is an idiot) and shared stuff on Gopherhole all the time. I paid for it and can do whatever I please with the info.
Ryan James is never wrong, on anything, that much is true.

James is the reason I dropped my membership a couple of years ago. He has complete disdain for readers.

Best of luck to Wright. Sounds like he needs to work on his attitude a bit if he wants to be successful not only at his next stop, but also in life in general. Up to him if he wants to turn himself around.

Top Bottom