Dylan Wright

Deepest we've had in a long time as opposed to Spoofin using "stacked"...you really haven't ever heard that term used in this way...seriously?
Those are two different things. In the scope of college football as a whole, they're not stacked. There isn't a superstar in there. For the Gophers though, has there ever been a time where the team has had 6 (now maybe 5) players with 60+ career receptions? To have 5-6 guys with good experience is highly unusual for a Gophers team.

Players leave. That's college sports in 2023. It's inevitable. If the Gophers are going to have someone leave, WR isn't the worst position to lose someone because of CRAB and the two transfers coming in, all with lots of experience.

Those are two different things. In the scope of college football as a whole, they're not stacked. There isn't a superstar in there. For the Gophers though, has there ever been a time where the team has had 6 (now maybe 5) players with 60+ career receptions? To have 5-6 guys with good experience is highly unusual for a Gophers team.

Players leave. That's college sports in 2023. It's inevitable. If the Gophers are going to have someone leave, WR isn't the worst position to lose someone because of CRAB and the two transfers coming in, all with lots of experience.
Difference without distinction for me because the posts have been relative to Gopher history at the position, not football as a whole. Plus he is using it sarcastically...you got that right?

Difference without distinction for me because the posts have been relative to Gopher history at the position, not football as a whole. Plus he is using it sarcastically...you got that right?
I know he is. He's trying make it seem like most people are saying we have a bunch of 1st rounders or something when that's not what's actually happening.

Being deep and being stacked are two different things to me. Stacked would mean multiple guys that are elite at their position. Deep means lots of players that are good/solid and have lots of experience. So regardless of how you and he interpreted it, that's what I meant.

You do realize he is using it sarcastically, right?

He literally invented words "used" by others, then ridiculed them for using them...you got that, right?

I know he is. He's trying make it seem like most people are saying we have a bunch of 1st rounders or something when that's not what's actually happening.

Being deep and being stacked are two different things to me. Stacked would mean multiple guys that are elite at their position. Deep means lots of players that are good/solid and have lots of experience. So regardless of how you and he interpreted it, that's what I meant.
The first bolded part is just BS and the second is your definition. Do better.

Whether we are "stacked" or not, exactly how concerned should we be that we might (might!) be losing a WR who caught a total of 17 passes and scored 1 (count 'em) TD last year?

By the way, all you people who claimed the WR room is "stacked" are delusional. All of you. Every last one of you.

Whether we are "stacked" or not, exactly how concerned should we be that we might (might!) be losing a WR who caught a total of 17 passes and scored 1 (count 'em) TD last year?

By the way, all you people who claimed the WR room is "stacked" are delusional. All of you. Every last one of you.
We've established, outside of Spoof making things up, exactly zero people have said they're stacked.

We've established, outside of Spoof making things up, exactly zero people have said they're stacked.
You are a clown. You have established that no one used the word “stacked” and I hardly claimed they did. Arguing semantics like that is as stupid as your post here. What many did is tell me how loaded strong deep talented (insert whatever word you want here) we are at WR such that we don’t need DW. Call it whatever you want, bozo. Here was my favorite when a poster “literally laid it out for me” (exact quote)…. but he didn’t say “stacked” 🙄
It's funny the way you put it. It's almost like we didn't bring in a 4-star established transfer, another quality slot WR who has produced for years in college and a 4-star HS WR who enrolled early. Oh, Daniel Jackson also came on huge the last half of last season. And we return our previous #1 WR - who has been our most reliable with his hands - at some point.

You are a clown. You have established that no one used the word “stacked” and I hardly claimed they did. Arguing semantics like that is as stupid as your post here. What many did is tell me how loaded strong deep talented (insert whatever word you want here) we are at WR such that we don’t need DW. Call it whatever you want, bozo. Here was my favorite when a poster “literally laid it out for me” (exact quote)…. but he didn’t say “stacked” 🙄

Now Spoof's been reduced to using insults. Sad.

Last edited:

LMAO. When your argument falls apart, start throwing insults. Good job.

And here the rest of the quote.

Wright had some great athletic upside. But anyone that was counting on him as one of our top couple options for next year, hasn't paid attention the past couple seasons. Surely it could hurt the depth, but this is easily the best offseason we have had upgrading WR depth in many many years.

Most people are having well reasoned discussions and understand nuances. You came in, made some shit up to stir the pot, got called out, and now throwing a tantrum.

It's spoof. Proven liar, fraud, and douche. What do you expect?

LOL.

If you don’t like 59 and 60 - try 37 and 42.
Oh wait, they didn’t say the word “stacked” 🙄🙄🙄
Honest question...legit curious. Rank our WR depth chart and tell me where you would put Wright.

To me it would go:
CRAB
Spencer - 9 Catches for 157 yards and 1 TD in 2 games against power 5 teams last year
Jackson
Brockington
Crooms - Likely to be our starter in the slot position
Wright
Hoskins

Wright is a gifted athlete, he has not been a great receiver for us. Could he become that....maybe....but at this point he has not put it all together on the field at either school he has attended. I would love to see him breakout and cash in on the obvious talent he has, maybe that happens if he is with the team this fall (he is still on the roster).

And our WR situation is vastly different then it was in 2022 (after the CRAB injury) when the depth chart was:

Jackson
Wright
MBS
Brockington
Geary

So yeah....if we lose Wright I think we will be ok at the WR position as there is a very good chance that he would have found himself behind a number of guys anyway this fall. I hope he stays and figures it out, but if he isn't back it isn't going to kill us at the WR position.

LMAO. When your argument falls apart, start throwing insults. Good job.

And here the rest of the quote.

Wright had some great athletic upside. But anyone that was counting on him as one of our top couple options for next year, hasn't paid attention the past couple seasons. Surely it could hurt the depth, but this is easily the best offseason we have had upgrading WR depth in many many years.

Most people are having well reasoned discussions and understand nuances. You came in, made some shit up to stir the pot, got called out, and now throwing a tantrum.
Insult? Clown is a nice word for you here. You asked for a quote, and I gave you one. Now some bolded comments in a following paragraph change that? Bozo.

Speaking of falling apart - your whole argument is that no one used the word “stacked”. Yet, you lecture me on nuance? You are a complete tool.

Honest question...legit curious. Rank our WR depth chart and tell me where you would put Wright.

To me it would go:
CRAB
Spencer - 9 Catches for 157 yards and 1 TD in 2 games against power 5 teams last year
Jackson
Brockington
Crooms - Likely to be our starter in the slot position
Wright
Hoskins

Wright is a gifted athlete, he has not been a great receiver for us. Could he become that....maybe....but at this point he has not put it all together on the field at either school he has attended. I would love to see him breakout and cash in on the obvious talent he has, maybe that happens if he is with the team this fall (he is still on the roster).

And our WR situation is vastly different then it was in 2022 (after the CRAB injury) when the depth chart was:

Jackson
Wright
MBS
Brockington
Geary

So yeah....if we lose Wright I think we will be ok at the WR position as there is a very good chance that he would have found himself behind a number of guys anyway this fall. I hope he stays and figures it out, but if he isn't back it isn't going to kill us at the WR position.
As I’ve said, I think Wright is an underachiever. I also know some things about him that I don’t like. My point has never been that Wright is some star. My point is that GHers always downplay players leaving. It’s as constant as their thin-skin on here (reference any Ruesse thread). I’m old enough to remember last year and adding a couple transfers to that WR corp is not solid enough to not care about losing a legitimate threat. Whether he is #1 or #4 on the depth chart.

As to your question - I’d put him ahead of either of our transfers at the start. We have all seen can’t miss transfers fail here (Hayo!). Ahead of the Freshman too. Probably 3rd behind Crab (if healthy) and Jackson with the potential to be #2. Or he could continue underachieving and be #6. Again, my point is not that he is a star, my point is that our WR room is not as solid (paraphrasing - no one used that exact word!!!) as some of those just trying to have a “reasoned” discussion claim.

He literally invented words "used" by others, then ridiculed them for using them...you got that, right?
Not sure you even know what you are trying to convey with the bold part...are you trying to ridicule me?

Stacked? Smacked...Just throw to:
CrAB
CrAB
Nuts
CrAb
Nuts
Some other guy
CrAB or Nuts for the win!

As I’ve said, I think Wright is an underachiever. I also know some things about him that I don’t like. My point has never been that Wright is some star. My point is that GHers always downplay players leaving. It’s as constant as their thin-skin on here (reference any Ruesse thread). I’m old enough to remember last year and adding a couple transfers to that WR corp is not solid enough to not care about losing a legitimate threat. Whether he is #1 or #4 on the depth chart.

As to your question - I’d put him ahead of either of our transfers at the start. We have all seen can’t miss transfers fail here (Hayo!). Ahead of the Freshman too. Probably 3rd behind Crab (if healthy) and Jackson with the potential to be #2. Or he could continue underachieving and be #6. Again, my point is not that he is a star, my point is that our WR room is not as solid (paraphrasing - no one used that exact word!!!) as some of those just trying to have a “reasoned” discussion claim.
You keep referring to Hayo Carpenter as a can't miss prospect. There is no such thing as a can't miss JC player....even the most highly rated JC guys would fail a lot. Hayo had some gaudy JC stats and was a massive disappointment.

Looks like it is a moot point now since Wright is no longer listed on the roster. I do get your point about transfers being downplayed but in this particular case it really is not a huge loss based on what he has done in his 2 years here. It is only a loss in terms of the potential of what it seems like he could be if he ever figures it out.

Tough break with Wright. Seemed like he was getting some more looks with Athan behind center. Think he would have been an asset with a more downfield passing game.....which is more likely moving forward with Athan. But with the transfers coming in....and his sporadic usage....I'm not entirely surprised. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Tough break with Wright. Seemed like he was getting some more looks with Athan behind center. Think he would have been an asset with a more downfield passing game.....which is more likely moving forward with Athan. But with the transfers coming in....and his sporadic usage....I'm not entirely surprised. Good luck to him wherever he lands.
Yeah, you hope he figures it out at some point and is able to cash in on his athletic ability. He seems to have all the physical tools but that hasn't translated to success on the field yet in his college career.

You keep referring to Hayo Carpenter as a can't miss prospect. There is no such thing as a can't miss JC player....even the most highly rated JC guys would fail a lot. Hayo had some gaudy JC stats and was a massive disappointment.
There also isn’t a such thing as a can’t miss AAC or MAC transfer. Depth is always critical.

There also isn’t a such thing as a can’t miss AAC or MAC transfer. Depth is always critical.
True....but I trust production at those levels way more than I trust production at the JC level. JC transfers were always super hit and miss, one nice thing with the transfer portal is that it has severely limited the need to even consider JC guys.

Top Bottom