Dylan Wright commits to TCU

It's a good offense for him. If things work out well for him, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up big numbers and has a shot at getting drafted.

They graduated their top three receivers but they've brought in a truck load of talent the last couple of years. I think Wright would be their 4th portal WR this year and they've recruited the position really well. So I'd guess he will also have a short leash there.

Last edited:

Best wishes for Wright to have a great year. Something just didn’t click for him here.

Great example of the portal working like it should; DW, Minn and TCU are all better for it - that’s awesome. I hope he crushes it and - if given the opportunity - praises the U.

Best of luck to DW.

Damn. I was hoping he would come back and get drafted. So much talent, just wish it could have worked at the U.
I’m not sold that there really was. He’s a big athletic guy, but didn’t display plus speed, route running, hands, or most of all intangibles. I wouldn’t bet on him getting drafted at this point, I wish him the best of luck turning things around.

I’m not sold that there really was. He’s a big athletic guy, but didn’t display plus speed, route running, hands, or most of all intangibles. I wouldn’t bet on him getting drafted at this point, I wish him the best of luck turning things around.
Ohio State, September '21.

Ohio State, September '21.
He was blanketed and did come down with the ball a decent amount.

He was never open or in the clear, though. He seemed to always be blanketed.

This guy was huge against Wisconsin the past two years in coming down with some huge plays. He was always covered though.

I seriously doubt that works in the NFL.

He was blanketed and did come down with the ball a decent amount.

He was never open or in the clear, though. He seemed to always be blanketed.

This guy was huge against Wisconsin the past two years in coming down with some huge plays. He was always covered though.

I seriously doubt that works in the NFL.
Exactly he is a big physical guy and that allows him to be a safe target all over the field. But I never saw him do anything after the catch or pull away from coverage. He was a decent deep threat because he could draw PI’s and protect interceptions, but he never really had separation.

TCU apparently has a guy or two at WR but beyond that really don't know much. They lost one of their better WRs to the portal too.

Granted that's not THAT much different than us. We have a lot of good options, I'm happy with the guys as far as prospects goes... but IMO, but not much proven.

Still Wright seems like a good choice if you've really got no idea what is going on beyond a couple options. Hopefully he stays motivated... or whatever it was that had him not seem to be a factor for games or two or more at a time.

Last edited:

Great example of the portal working like it should; DW, Minn and TCU are all better for it - that’s awesome. I hope he crushes it and - if given the opportunity - praises the U.

Best of luck to DW.

Yes. That's the perfect scenario.

Hopefully it works out for him this time. Shame it didn't work out here.

I have such a hard time judging WRs. On one hand, he did a nice job making a play on the ball on tight coverage. On the other hand, most of the guys who play in the NFL seem like they're so good at running routes that they're never covered.

Well, thankfully my comment about wanting him to do good things at the U turns into something bad about him. That was my ultimate goal...............

Well, thankfully my comment about wanting him to do good things at the U turns into something bad about him. That was my ultimate goal...............
Sorry? It wasn’t my goal to offend you.

He had five catches for 57 yards including a spectacular TD catch. The others were for first downs.
Ok, did he look like he had above average speed and route running in that game? I’m no expert but they didn’t jump out to me. I may have undersold his hands a little, drops aren’t really an issue with him, but I didn’t see him hauling in difficult catch after difficult catch either while here. Nice td grab in that OSU game, but even his YouTube highlight video of that game show him dropping a tough but very catchable slant pass. And it sure seems like the intangibles have been the biggest issue.

Good luck to DW. He has some thing to figure out on/off the field and TCU seems like a good place for him to do it. Hope it works out well for him.

We are all just a bunch of fans speculating on a message board but if I start connecting dots, it seems the publishing of a video featuring Minneapolis and Gophers’ practice field along with a lot of workout footage in Gopher gear, is possibly part of the judgement and decision making pattern that made Wright such an enigma here.

Top Bottom