Dwight Dasher being investigated

No one said Dasher was in the right. All i'm saying is how are you SURE this old man is so innocent? We don't even have all the facts and already you know the character of everyone involved? Just because he's old? Criminals, rapist, thieves, and yes - loan sharks live to be just as old as mother Teresa. Let me go and fetch you a stone, so you can be the first to throw it.

Ummmm, I don't know that I've ever seen the old man's innocence or guilt called into question. I also don't recall reading anything about the old man being investigated for anything.

If it makes you feel better, take the "old man" out of the equation.

All that's left is a complete filthbag who betrayed/stole from his own teammate; somebody he takes the field of battle with, is expected to share in the same sacrifices and victories, teammates who lay everything on the line together to achieve the same goal.

In many ways, that's way more despicable than not repaying a loan from the geriatric.

^^Exactly. Call me back when the '80 year old loan shark' is under investigation. Until then, this is on Dasher.

I guesss. you're right, "guilty until proven innocent." Stupid me getting it backwards.

Sounds to me like in your book, 80 year ole vet is exactly that: Guilty until proven innocent. Guess folks from TN feel that octogenarian vets should be questioned first. 20 year olds with gambling problems second. Got it. Not very patriotic, down there in TN are you??

"All i'm saying is how are you SURE this old man is so innocent? We don't even have all the facts and already you know the character of everyone involved?"

Yes, of course, that's exactly what I said. "We don't have the facts" "how are you SURE." statements saying that we don't have all the answers ... is me giving a definitive guilty. you got it. good job. way to go.

All I know is someone who supposedly loans money to someone with a known gambling problem, demands collateral and threatens to out them if they don't pay up in a specific time frame has a title. However, we don't know all the facts. I'm simply saying that we should not discriminate against someone, their capabilities, or their motives simply based on their age.

So let's assume your scenario is true: 80 year old vet is a loan shark (smirk). How does that in any way have anything to do with Dasher's dealings with him?? Kids that run into money trouble don't turn to loan sharks. They turn to family, friends, jobs, quit spending, etc. I had plenty of friends that got into money trouble in college, none went to a loan shark. The people that go to loan sharks are GAMBLERS. Get it? The customers of loan sharks are CROOKED.

So let's assume your scenario is true: 80 year old vet is a loan shark (smirk). How does that in any way have anything to do with Dasher's dealings with him?? Kids that run into money trouble don't turn to loan sharks. They turn to family, friends, jobs, quit spending, etc. I had plenty of friends that got into money trouble in college, none went to a loan shark. The people that go to loan sharks are GAMBLERS. Get it? The customers of loan sharks are CROOKED.

Poor kids, from very small towns in Georgia,with a gambling addiction, who's family aren't as Blessed as your family, money bags - might not have those same options (smirk.)

How it has to do with his dealings with him - is he's being painted as a poor victim, which makes the accused look that much worse. Again (round and round) all I'm saying is we shouldn't jump to that conclusion if we don't know all the facts.. (sigh).

OK. You stick with that. We'll see how it turns out.

Why should we see how it turns out? You already know everything. Any lotto numbers I should play? I should make a correction though, I guess it can't make the "accused" look bad. since technically, he hasn't been formally accused or charged by the old man or the police. Not yet anyway.

I said we'll see how it plays out. You willing to make a call now? Put it in print.

Ahhh. Sarcasm. I get it. Remember, it's the internet. Please use the sarcasm tags: <sarcasm/on> and <sarcasm/off>.

Ahhh. Sarcasm. I get it. Remember, it's the internet. Please use the sarcasm tags: <sarcasm/on> and <sarcasm/off>.

you're right. I'm sorry. I guess I should tell you: I don't really believe that you know the outcome of the upcoming lottery. ..

anyway, I've enjoyed the back and forth. We'll see what happens. I know it'd be great for you guys to have him out of the game. Anything to escape the cloud of a 2 - 10 season. And mtsu has high expectations. So, we're obviously not going to agree. You say guilty no matter what. I say I think it's the governments job to decide. Have a good one, I'm out.

I hate to see kids on any team, except Iowa, get into trouble. We build these kids up so much in our minds it's hard to accept they're human and do dumb things or at worst may be serious, remorseless crooks.

Macho characteristics?

I've played a lot of sports, and am ultra-competitive. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. But I'm not a member of the Minnesota Football team. I'm not playing in the games. I'm a fan. Huge difference.

Your take, while in an attempt to display some macho characteristics and heroism (which as a mere fan of the team is laughable to begin with) isn't what the athletes feel anyway. While they might say in interviews "we want to face the best teams and win," they would much rather not.

Look at the NCAA basketball tournament. When a #2 team takes on a #15, and the #7 team and fans are in the seats looking to see who they will face in the second round, why do all of the fans and players cheer for the #15 to pull the upset? If you think only the fans want the lower seeded team to pull off the upset, you are being very naive.

Naive? I played D-II football. When I played safety I always wanted them to throw long to the best, fastest receiver, every play, realistic or not. The better the opponent, the better I played. This is real life, not some Pollyanna existence. The arrogance to believe in yourself over all others is at the core of the athletic psychology. Why do players try to fire themselves up? To avoid embarrassment? To not look foolish? No, you expend the emotional capitol to "prove something". Most of the time it is only to yourself. I have never met one person who has competed at a high level who has gotten there by hoping the other teams best players get hit by a bus on the way to the stadium.

Sorry Blue Dudes...

...the wheels are comin' off. This will end up being felony theft. You've seen the last game of this guy's career...

...the wheels are comin' off. This will end up being felony theft. You've seen the last game of this guy's career...

If that's the case, which I honestly don't think it will amount to anything, then that's fine. Like Stockstill said, we still have a ton of guys ready to play. Plus, Kilgore is pretty good. I have faith in him.

If that's the case, which I honestly don't think it will amount to anything, then that's fine. Like Stockstill said, we still have a ton of guys ready to play. Plus, Kilgore is pretty good. I have faith in him.

I've been reading your message board, and it seems a lot of people are very high on Logal Kilgore. I realize he had a good spring game, but I think it is really a bit early to anoint him as just as good as Dasher (I realize you did not do this). Several people on your message board have actually claimed he is already better than Dasher. The guy really lacks experience (didn't play much in HS, had one good season for Bakersfield CC) and even Stockstill said he wasn't having a great fall camp. I would certainly be worried.

By the way, coach Stockstill sounds like a stand-up dude.

Originally Posted by highwayman View Post ...the wheels are comin' off. This will end up being felony theft. You've seen the last game of this guy's career...[/QUOTE said:
not specifically. Felony theft would have to include a fine of over $500.00 . And, his teammate would have to draw that charge against him, since they were his checks. The old man not being paid back his loan on time, which was only only outlined by a verbal agreement seems like it would be more of a gray area. He could take him to small claims court for that.

I think it was the heat and humidity that made his brain not work right.

I think it was the heat and humidity that made his brain not work right.

LOL yes, it is very much above average down here, you know. Seriously though, I was pushing my niece on a swing and today and I felt like i was about to sweat my face off. I think it was about 98. I hope you guys are right and it is in the mid 80s within 10 days. Bring some of that brisk Minny-sota air with you when you come down. There's a nice tasty beer in it for you. I see you guys are in the 70s next week - not fair.

Top Bottom