Dwight Dasher being investigated

I've played a lot of sports, and always wanted to beat the best & take on challenges. But I'm not a member of the Minnesota Football team. I'm not playing in the games. I'm a fan. Huge difference.

Whatever man, you have a beard, and you chug milk. I see your photo, you're proud of it. You didn't play any sports.. Jk..

I still think if all the gambling rumors are true - dasher would have thrown the game against MN anyway. It's too perfect not to. First game , plenty of time to regain your credit, the spread was just right.. Perhaps you will indeed get a better match without him. Ideally though, all this will blow over and you can fight us like a man - without one of our arms behind our back.

Although, truthfully - it appears one of our arms may have been a complete idiot and cut itself off to spite it's face.. because it didn't like it's nose, or something like that.

the end.

Uh, as I said, I want to see him play because we've traditionally had difficulty with dual-threat quarterbacks. I think we match up well with the rest of their team so, if we're going to see how we do against a dual-threat QB, this would be the game to do it.

I reckon we'll win with or without Dasher. I'd rather see us tested in some capacity in this game than learn nothing about what we can expect from the team this season.

+1

The thing is while I respect MTSU I believe the Gophers will win this game with or without Dasher in there. I believe in our front 7 on D and O-line the Gophers will be too tough.

So look at the rest of the schedule. The Gophers play dual threat TP and the Buckeyes, K. Newsome (or Bolden) from Penn State are spread QBs running a true spread O. Illinois has a mobile QB who is a dual threat guy.

Given the fact that I think the Gophers win regardless, experience in the OOC season against a talented dual threat QB would be invaluable later in the season, particularly against mobile QBs playing in spread sets.

Whatever man, you have a beard, and you chug milk. I see your photo, you're proud of it. You didn't play any sports.. Jk..

I still think if all the gambling rumors are true - dasher would have thrown the game against MN anyway. It's too perfect not to. First game , plenty of time to regain your credit, the spread was just right.. Perhaps you will indeed get a better match without him. Ideally though, all this will blow over and you can fight us like a man - without one of our arms behind our back.

Although, truthfully - it appears one of our arms may have been a complete idiot and cut itself off to spite it's face.. because it didn't like it's nose, or something like that.

the end.

I don't think Ron Burgundy played a lot of sports. It would have been too risky and potentially damaging to his voice and hair.

I don't think Ron Burgundy played a lot of sports. It would have been too risky and potentially damaging to his voice and hair.

LoL. As down as I am about my school, that movie always cheers me up. Maybe I should pop that into the ole dvd player.. San Diego a whales vagina..

I neither want nor don't want Dasher to play. My wants have no bearing. If we win and Dasher doesn't play, it won't diminish one iota how much I enjoy that we won.

I neither want nor don't want Dasher to play. My wants have no bearing. If we win and Dasher doesn't play, it won't diminish one iota how much I enjoy that we won.

"Desperation is a STINKY cologne." - Ronald Burgandy.

Given that almost nobody in the media here even has heard of Dasher...

Being named to the Walter Camp watch list should be enough, no? If the "media here" has never heard of him, a pox on them all.

I've seen/heard nothing to indicate that he bet on games. Especially his own. His fix appears to be poker.

RE: Burning Kilgore's RS > A new guy, Murphy, looks to be ready to give Kilgore a run for his money. Murphy's RS might be more valuable down the road.

All that said, our offense won't change any. We'll just be without the extra gear that Dasher has when a play breaks down. I know that's valuable, but I don't see us being drastically worse without him. Even last year, with a total pocket passing backup, we were able to move the ball and score.

I'm interested to see what Vegas says about all of this. . . (Ironic, I know)

Well, I hope you're right. Not having Dasher scares me a lot, though. We'll just have to see. I'm still excited about the game. Can't wait!

In 1961 our team defeated Oregon in the second game of the year. We went on to beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Which member of the media cares about who was injured in that Oregon game? Indeed, we would have been National Champs that year if a ref did not make a roughing the QB call that was clearly bogus. Who was injured in that game?

If however you are concerned about the competitive balance in the MTSU game, perhaps you could e-mail our coach and get him to sit our QB if Dasher can't play. I'm guessing that won't happen.

Had Decker not been injured, the 2009 team might have won more games, which would probably have caused the 2010 team to be more highly regarded. But that would make no sense, as with or without his injuries last season, he wasn't going to be here.

No one gives us credit or downplays it when our opponents beat us when we have players who are injured or suspended. I'm not going to let the smack talkers rattle me.

I don't tend to bet Gopher football just watch as a fan but I just did a quick search and it doesn't appear the odds have moved from MTSU -4. Do you think Vegas pulls the game if Dasher is out?

Just an update on this... apparently MT athletics has known about this for 3 weeks now. Also, in the main Nashville paper, they have recently changed "investigation" to "inquiry." They also mention that ONLY MTSU Campus Police are investigating this, so hopefully it's not that bad. If it were worse, I think the Murfreesboro Police and the VA Hospital would also be investigating. Should Dasher be out for some outrageous and shocking reason, then yes, I think Vegas will definitely change their numbers. To me, the story seems really odd and something just doesn't add up...oh well... everything will come out in time.

Just what seems odd about the story? It wouldn't be the first time there was a whitewash for the star player.

What about...

If nothing else, doesn't this have to be a major distraction for Dasher and the rest of his teammates?

Not good, any way you slice it. Reading one of the local media articles regarding the story, it sounds like everything points to Dasher as being a scumbag.

Money loaned from an 80-year old gentleman in a nursing home, who has since filed a complaint with the police; Dasher's teammate reports some of his checks being stolen; The 80-yr old gentleman received blank checks from Dasher, as collateral, that had the teammates name and bank account information on them.

Doesn't exactly sound like there's a lot of gray area to this.

It would be pretty hard to sweep this under the rug. Now, whether or not anything happens between now and the MTSU-MN game, that's anybody's guess.

I agree. I believe something will come out of this. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. BUT, if that is in fact true, he will and should face some kind of punishment. Doesn't matter how good you are. It sucks, but it is what it is. Like you said, no one knows if something will happen between now and the game.

Dasher also filed a complaint not long ago for a debit card (that was his) with $1000 which was apparently stolen at a party. I really don't think he just screwed over some 80-year old. I think there is MUCH more to the story than what we know. Plus, with athletics already knowing for 3 weeks, and like I said before, with just MTSU Campus Police handling it, I don't think anything major will come out of it. You have to understand, MTSU Campus Police are the type that knock on your door if you're having a party and either join you or say "try and keep it down" and then leave. No one really seems to take them seriously. I really do think that if this was a major issue then Murfreesboro Police and the VA Hospital would have wanted to investigate it as well. Hopefully we will know something within the week. Like Massaro said, MTSU has enough time to determine Dasher's status for the Sept. 2 game.

It is absolutely ludicrous thinking to want Dasher to play if you are a MN fan.

Right on brother.

It's high time this program started to get a few breaks. Take them if/when you can.

Besides, it'll be too hot down there to be chasing Dasher around. Heard temps are supposed to be way above average.

Dasher also filed a complaint not long ago for a debit card (that was his) with $1000 which was apparently stolen at a party. I really don't think he just screwed over some 80-year old. I think there is MUCH more to the story than what we know. Plus, with athletics already knowing for 3 weeks, and like I said before, with just MTSU Campus Police handling it, I don't think anything major will come out of it. You have to understand, MTSU Campus Police are the type that knock on your door if you're having a party and either join you or say "try and keep it down" and then leave. No one really seems to take them seriously. I really do think that if this was a major issue then Murfreesboro Police and the VA Hospital would have wanted to investigate it as well. Hopefully we will know something within the week. Like Massaro said, MTSU has enough time to determine Dasher's status for the Sept. 2 game.

I don't think the card helps. Sounds like he may have maxed it out, then reported it stolen, so he wouldn't have to pay up.. Hope not.

I really do think that if this was a major issue then Murfreesboro Police and the VA Hospital would have wanted to investigate it as well.

Besides, it'll be too hot down there to be chasing Dasher around. Heard temps are supposed to be way above average.

I know Firejumper was referring to our defense chasing Dasher around, but it probably applies equally to the Murfreesboro Police and the VA Hospital officials. I'm sure they're used to temperatures that are always above average, but catching Dwight while on the surface of the sun is no small feat.

Really?

I don't think the card helps. Sounds like he may have maxed it out, then reported it stolen, so he wouldn't have to pay up.. Hope not.

Ummmm... yeah.... that's kind of what I was thinking. Got too much on the card? Crap, that card was STOLEN a few days ago!!! I'm a victim!!

Kind of funny reading some of the opinions of this story, of the blue-colored glasses variety, at the bottom of the page on some of those news stories. Things like, "his finances are nobody's business but his!!" "This is ridiculous, it's a witch hunt!!"

Like I said, I think the only question is WHEN something comes crashing down on Dasher for this; before or after they play any meaningful games.

I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up the Royce White saga and his time with the University of Minnesota Police Department.

For those Raiders fans visiting, we had a basketball player (5 star recruit) this past year get into some trouble with the law as well, right before the start of the season. He had some hiccups in highschool, and then there were two incidents (stealing a pair of jeans from the mall and pushing down a security guard that tried to stop him...and then allegedly being in a dorm that he previously been banned from entering, at the same time that a laptop mysteriously went missing. He was suspended from our basketball team and the UMPD investigation dragged on forever. He eventually dropped out of school and is now enrolled at Iowa State University.

I only bring this up because it is has been very interesting to read the reactions of the MTSU fans on the Blue Raiders Zone. Similar to our incident, some are already sure he is innocent and it is a witch hunt by the MTSUPD, and some are more cautious and say that he deserves to be kicked off the team if true but are willing to wait to see what the results of the inquiry yield. Very interesting indeed.

I'm an MT fan, but for the most part I try to stay reasonable.. I think some punishment will come. If I were the coaching staff, I'd try to delay it until the austin peay game. This situation reminds me of Julio Jones, where he was suspend for 1 game..

I don't feel so bad for the "old poor Vet" he sounds more like a shady loan shark. Just because you're elderly - it doesn't make you a saint...

In light of the current allegations, I expect the credit card company would be getting extremely suspicious. If he does have a gambling problem, it's something that he needs to get a handle on if he has any dreams of an NFL career. Even if there is no indication that he has been on his own games, a gambling problem is something the NFL would be extremely wary of taking on, because people do get approached by some very shady characters.

In light of the current allegations, I expect the credit card company would be getting extremely suspicious. If he does have a gambling problem, it's something that he needs to get a handle on if he has any dreams of an NFL career. Even if there is no indication that he has been on his own games, a gambling problem is something the NFL would be extremely wary of taking on, because people do get approached by some very shady characters.

It wasn't a CREDIT card. It was his DEBIT card, which means the money was already in his account. Apparently, he used that card for Financial Aid and school related things.

It wasn't a CREDIT card. It was his DEBIT card, which means the money was already in his account. Apparently, he used that card for Financial Aid and school related things.

It doesn't matter. It still looks bad. Spend on a credit card, and then claim that it wasn't you that used the card, but someone who stole your card. Spend on your debit card, and then claim it wasn't you that used the card, but someone who stole your card. Hardly unheard of.

I am NOT saying that this is the case with Dasher. But it doesn't help him either.

Right on brother.

It's high time this program started to get a few breaks. Take them if/when you can.

Add me to this camp as well. A win is a win, and if it is more likely without Dasher - fantastic! In 2010, Gopher Football needs W's more than ever.

I'm an MT fan, but for the most part I try to stay reasonable.. I think some punishment will come. If I were the coaching staff, I'd try to delay it until the austin peay game. This situation reminds me of Julio Jones, where he was suspend for 1 game..

I don't feel so bad for the "old poor Vet" he sounds more like a shady loan shark. Just because you're elderly - it doesn't make you a saint...

Are you for real? The guy is 80 years old and relegated to assisted living. Shady loan shark?

So, if you borrow money for your gambling from a loan shark it's okay to stiff them and steal checks from a f'n TEAMMATE to give them as collateral... but it's only "bad" if you take it from somebody who doesn't borrow money for a living?

Apparently my perception of the "south" needs to be amended to include middle TN

Are you for real? The guy is 80 years old and relegated to assisted living. Shady loan shark?

So, if you borrow money for your gambling from a loan shark it's okay to stiff them and steal checks from a f'n TEAMMATE to give them as collateral... but it's only "bad" if you take it from somebody who doesn't borrow money for a living?

Apparently my perception of the "south" needs to be amended to include middle TN

No one said Dasher was in the right. All i'm saying is how are you SURE this old man is so innocent? We don't even have all the facts and already you know the character of everyone involved? Just because he's old? Criminals, rapist, thieves, and yes - loan sharks live to be just as old as mother Teresa. Let me go and fetch you a stone, so you can be the first to throw it.

Top Bottom