Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State died this morning when he got hit by a car

Shit. That absolutely sucks. RIP.

That's tragic. I recall him buying his mom a nice house after his first season. Sounds like he made the most of the time he got, before needlessly being cut short.

Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins dead after being struck by dump truck on Florida interstate

"Haskins was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 on foot when he was hit by a dump truck, according to the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP). Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene, and authorities said it was "unknown" why he was walking on the interstate."

As a long time DOT employee, we see this all the time. Pedestrians don't want to walk to the next intersection, so they cross wherever they know there's a hole in the fence. Don't know if that was the case here, but its a pretty common occurrence. Ugh.

Gil Brandt isn't missing an opportunity to take shots at a dead man:

Wow. I don't know who gil brandt is, but "Dink Dinkdt" is an appropriate name for this coward. How does anyone say this stupid shit?

Gil is about 90 years old but the guy remembers almost everything about player’s college career. But I think he doesn’t have a filter anymore. He’s usually very complimentary when I’ve heard him on NFL network but this is just uncalled for and out of line. He seems like the kind of guy that will apologize. RIP to a guy who passed too young.

This thread got me thinking again (it's been discussed before on GH), why does the BIG not produce many NFL QB's? Ohio St, has had many all BIG and All American QBs, but the BIG never seems to deliver NFL caliber quarterbacks. Maybe weak BIG defenses are the reason?

This thread got me thinking again (it's been discussed before on GH), why does the BIG not produce many NFL QB's? Ohio St, has had many all BIG and All American QBs, but the BIG never seems to deliver NFL caliber quarterbacks. Maybe weak BIG defenses are the reason?
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins

Most of tOSU's QBs in that era were big men and fast who gained yards when needed with their feet and not their arms,
Russel Wison is doing quite well.

Can’t forget Drew Brees. For the old timers like me, there are Hall of Famers Len Dawson and Bob Griese. And all three are from Purdue.

Terrible news on Haskins. Great college QB who was still young enough to develop into a contributor at the professional level.

tOSU has had a string of really solid QBs with a lot of different styles, but it seems the guys that caused the most problems for defenses were guys who could really motor but weren't noted for their passing ability. Plus, tOSU always seems to have a stellar WR group even when the team doesn't pass that much so that is a real benefit to any style of QB.

The whole thing is bizarre. Why was he trying to cross an interstate?
Yes, this is really strange. I heard one of the 9-1-1 calls and the caller reported that he (Haskins) was oddly waving his arms while in the road. The caller also said something to the effect that the situation was not going to end well. Very sad.

So sad. Was he drunk/on drugs? Mental issue?

He appeared to be a hard worker. I'm not sure it's fair to even call him a failure, dead or alive. He was still in NFL

. . . at 6:30 in the morning? Per 7 News WSVN in Miami, "Traffic homicide investigators are investigating . . ."
The same investigators also cover suicides.

“Dwayne Haskins ‘drank heavily’ at club before he was killed by dump truck in South Florida”

“The toxicology report found that Haskins’ alcohol levels were at 0.20 and 0.24 from two separate samples. In Florida, drivers are considered to be driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of 0.08 or more. A urine sample also came back positive for ketamine and norketamine, which is found in the body after ketamine, an anti-depressant, is metabolized.”

So sad. Was he drunk/on drugs? Mental issue?

He appeared to be a hard worker. I'm not sure it's fair to even call him a failure, dead or alive. He was still in NFL
Looks like it was all of the above. Sounds like he had his share of demons and unfortunately when you can't control them, it leads to a very sad ending! Heartbreaking!

Top Bottom