Drew Wolitarsky

Here's another quote that makes me think he's going to be Maroon & Gold next year:

"I don't have a preference playing in California or out when it comes to college. I've been in California along time. I wouldn't say that I'm getting bored of it. but I would like to go and see different cultures, get the different weather, seasons. Unlike here in California we get two seasons, cold and hot ... there's no in between."

Ah yes, not only the 4-seasons draw, but a change in culture. Minnesota is almost a polar opposite from CA.

Here's another quote that makes me think he's going to be Maroon & Gold next year:

"I don't have a preference playing in California or out when it comes to college. I've been in California along time. I wouldn't say that I'm getting bored of it. but I would like to go and see different cultures, get the different weather, seasons. Unlike here in California we get two seasons, cold and hot ... there's no in between."

Ah yes, not only the 4-seasons draw, but a change in culture. Minnesota is almost a polar opposite from CA.

Are you suggesting that the polar bears that reside in CA are different than the polar bears that reside in MN???

Between Minnesota and San Jose State? All time California receiving record?

This kid must be slow and played varsity since 8th grade.

Come on guys, somebody must know, what the hell is wrong with this kid?????

Well, it looks like we're getting him if it's between San Jose and us. I'm as confused as you are.

The kid does say that he wants to take all of his visits before committing. If he's wanting cultural change, there's nothing more opposite California than West Point, if that appeals to him fine. The country needs quality leaders in the Military. I'm willing to bet he opts for something less radical. The knock on Wolitarsky is that while he has good speed he lacks burst to get separation. That knock is what is keeping the elite programs away.

this kid can play. Fine by me if they are leaving him alone.

nsmike said:
The kid does say that he wants to take all of his visits before committing. If he's wanting cultural change, there's nothing more opposite California than West Point, if that appeals to him fine. The country needs quality leaders in the Military. I'm willing to bet he opts for something less radical. The knock on Wolitarsky is that while he has good speed he lacks burst to get separation. That knock is what is keeping the elite programs away.

It's not just elite programs, that was the point of his question. Sure there may not be a USC offer if there is something minor wrong, but what about Cal? Fresno? Utah? Nevada?

He had over 1,600 yards and a 21 yards/catch average last year as a junior so I don't think it's that he played varsity forever.

I really want this kid here

I also thought the QB looked quite good in Drew's highlights and for those wondering - he is a Frosh at Stetson College/University (one of the two). Stetson will be re-starting their football league next fall. They're in the Pioneer league, I believe. Once I found all this out, I lost interest - can't even remember his name.

The kid at qb is a jr in that clip. This is drew's first 6 games of this season.

The kid at qb is a jr in that clip. This is drew's first 6 games of this season.

Yeah I wasn't referencing the hudl clip, but his youtube stuff posted awhile ago. There is some other thread about Drew and the general consensus was, get this kid and his qb

He's not being left alone he has two AQ offers MN and AZ and seven non AQ offers http://rivals.yahoo.com/stanford/football/recruiting/player-Drew-Wolitarsky-124002

Thank you. I thought I saw that list awhile ago and felt better when Rich Rod and Norm Chow at least offered. I guess I'm just totally baffled by the fact that its between SJSU and Minn when he's got a cool program closer to home like Arizona. I mean when your the last two teams (Idaho) left in the WAC things can't be good there. Especially in a fertile land like Northern California.

I'm sure he's a good kid and the type that Killer is looking for.

Thank you. I thought I saw that list awhile ago and felt better when Rich Rod and Norm Chow at least offered. I guess I'm just totally baffled by the fact that its between SJSU and Minn when he's got a cool program closer to home like Arizona. I mean when your the last two teams (Idaho) left in the WAC things can't be good there. Especially in a fertile land like Northern California.

I'm sure he's a good kid and the type that Killer is looking for.

Might be because it's so close to home. SJSU is about 45 miles away from Canyon. The whole thing about being able to play in front of family and friends might be of some influence. For some people that is important, for others it's a minor thing.

Gophers are giving a lot of players in California looks....There's only one way to describe this situation

It's not just elite programs, that was the point of his question. Sure there may not be a USC offer if there is something minor wrong, but what about Cal? Fresno? Utah? Nevada?

He could have told Cal that he flat out isn't interested if his desire is to play football and earn his education away from home. Even if a program is interested in a player, the player still has to want to go there. But even if there is concern about speed, isn't that what a solid strength and conditioning program can build? Perhaps Kill identifies potential skill that fits perfectly with his program.

High school stats matter very little in recruiting.

Fred Biletnikoff wasn't the fastest either. Just damned good.

Wolitarsky is a good fit for our offense. Kill likes to have one WR who's 6'+ 200lbs+ & can knock the stuffing out of CB's in the run game in addition to catching passes. This is the position that Fruechte plays (remember when he said Kill wanted him at 230lb for this season?).

He looked to have very good hands. Even if he isn't a blazer but runs nice routes and has great hands we can use him.

If Coach Kill needs me to run down a day and talk with him about the MN weather, would be happy to!

If Coach Kill needs me to run down a day and talk with him about the MN weather, would be happy to!

Don't get too specific. I live in California about 1/2 the time, the people here understand that MN has a winter but they don't really understand what a "winter" entails.

Don't get too specific. I live in California about 1/2 the time, the people here understand that MN has a winter but they don't really understand what a "winter" entails.

Hey, I would highlight the positives...nothing compares to MN weather in early spring and late fall. Summer is great for camping and water sports, winter for snowmobiling and cross country skiing. The state as a whole is a lot less stressful then California. A lot of positives for MN.

along with that, a lot fresher air then anything he has ever gotten to enjoy!

He could have told Cal that he flat out isn't interested if his desire is to play football and earn his education away from home. Even if a program is interested in a player, the player still has to want to go there. But even if there is concern about speed, isn't that what a solid strength and conditioning program can build? Perhaps Kill identifies potential skill that fits perfectly with his program.

Unfortunately, you can't teach speed.

Top Bottom