Doogie Wolfson Hammers Brewster

Reaction score
I found this on on another site this morning in a discussion about MSU coach Dantonio and Brewster. They were evidently removed from the original post which I did not see. Doogie actually works for that site and said these things about Brewster. I this sounds an awful lot like his old buddy Pat over at KFAN.

Is Brewster in trouble with Maturi? And are there a bunch of people in the athletic department who don't like Brewster? This does not sound good at all. I guess Doogie is an insider, so he should know.

Removed comments by Doogie

Doogie stated:
There's some serious Kool-Aid being consumed if you think Brewster is the better coach...it's no knock at Tim, but Dantonio is far above him. Please remember, before coming here, Brewster was never even a coordinator at any level (please don't tell me mid 80's high school head coach).

Doogie followed up by saying:
Some are delusion on here is beyond absurd...There's has to be reasons why Brewster was never hired as a coordinator at any level...and don't be mistaken, I'm not suggesting Dantonio is Jim Tressel...but, look at his defenses from his coord. days in Columbus...'02 and '03 were off the charts dominant years...compared to others before him, he did very well at Cincy...and is off to a nice start in East Lansing.
His resume bests that of Brewster's.

Doogie then followed that up with:
With Dantonio, they would've won more in '07...and would've not collapsed last year...I feel confident in saying that, so through 2 years, advantage Dantonio if he were here.
The rest of the story will be written...I am on record saying 7-5 for MN this year and Brewster gets his extension (although Maturi is upset with Brewster on a couple different fronts and he's driving some others nuts there)...looks like Dantonio is in place for a while...so we have some time to go on this debate.

I found this on on another site this morning in a discussion about MSU coach Dantonio and Brewster. They were evidently removed from the original post which I did not see. Doogie actually works for that site and said these things about Brewster. I this sounds an awful lot like his old buddy Pat over at KFAN.

Is Brewster in trouble with Maturi? And are there a bunch of people in the athletic department who don't like Brewster? This does not sound good at all. I guess Doogie is an insider, so he should know.

Removed comments by Doogie

Doogie stated:
There's some serious Kool-Aid being consumed if you think Brewster is the better coach...it's no knock at Tim, but Dantonio is far above him. Please remember, before coming here, Brewster was never even a coordinator at any level (please don't tell me mid 80's high school head coach).

Doogie followed up by saying:
Some are delusion on here is beyond absurd...There's has to be reasons why Brewster was never hired as a coordinator at any level...and don't be mistaken, I'm not suggesting Dantonio is Jim Tressel...but, look at his defenses from his coord. days in Columbus...'02 and '03 were off the charts dominant years...compared to others before him, he did very well at Cincy...and is off to a nice start in East Lansing.
His resume bests that of Brewster's.

Doogie then followed that up with:
With Dantonio, they would've won more in '07...and would've not collapsed last year...I feel confident in saying that, so through 2 years, advantage Dantonio if he were here.
The rest of the story will be written...I am on record saying 7-5 for MN this year and Brewster gets his extension (although Maturi is upset with Brewster on a couple different fronts and he's driving some others nuts there)...looks like Dantonio is in place for a while...so we have some time to go on this debate.

Truthfully though I cannot say that I disagree with any of Doogies comments. I have always been curious as to why Brewster never had a coordinator job first and it does make you wonder?

This was taken out of context. There is a poster on GI and KFan that has a love affair with Dantonio. The thread was about who was a better coach, Doogie wasn't bashing Brewster, just claiming that Dantonio has a much better resume.

I do agree that Dantonio has a much deeper coordinator resume, but the jury is still out on Brewster's Head Coaching abilities.

What's the point? He's a reporter that is throwing out theories about how other coaches would have done. All it consists of is "its" and "buts" about what could have happened. I could say a chimp could have coached better in '07 but it's in the past and we would never know.

Fact is that MSU has a better record than MN in the past 2 years and are being coached better, IMO. MSU also has had a history of more talent coming in so lets let this play out for 2 more years and see what happens.

It's Doogie for christ sakes:rolleyes:

Doogie Used Poor Judgement

What I found amazing are the statements made that Brewster has some problems with Maturi and others at the U. Doogie works for the website and he throws that kind of gossip stuff out there like he thowing out the trash. Not very good judgement on his part.

If it was just nothing, why did they remove it?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure blatantly copying and pasting posts from the premium board on GI is against the rules.

So oleboy41, you think the cybercops will come after me? I duplicated a CD one time too....I might end up in prison with the way I am going. :)

Way to go MSU!!

Amazing, Mankato State is getting some great press!! Go Mavericks!!! Class of 91 and 98!!

Can someone enlighten me....

Who is Doogoe Wolfson? And why does his opinion matter? I've never heard of him.

Is there really a debate about Dantonio vs. Brewster? Isn't the proof in the pudding, so far? Dantonio has had some true success there, going 6-2, finishing 3rd in the conference, 9 wins. What's the debate? And I guarantee you, if Brewster duplicates that type of winning, there will be no complaints from anybody in the athletic department.

Personally, I'd take Dantonio over Brew in a heartbeat. Hope both are successful.

I second what Maximus said.

But I think the most important guys (coaches) Brew needs to prove himself against are the coaches at Iowa and Wisconsin. Start beating Ferentz (an excellent coach) and Bielema (a dufus helped immensely by a solid X&O football staff) -- the Gophers' two chief rivals -- then go from there.

Brew has proven he can recruit, he's lived up to his billing there so far. Now he & his staff need to prove they're not merely strong evaluators of talent, they also need to show they can X&O with the increased talent level in the program.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure blatantly copying and pasting posts from the premium board on GI is against the rules.

I hereby name you Officer Douche, of the Internet Police. You are officially a member of the Snitch Patrol.

Attachments

• police-badge.jpg
    police-badge.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 4

I am not sure how valuable the comparison is. For example, compare the records of Dantonio and Beliema. Doesn't Beliema have the superior record? Does that mean he is the better coach?

I hereby name you Officer Douche, of the Internet Police. You are officially a member of the Snitch Patrol.

The type of person who makes a comment like that is the type of person I could care less about pleasing. I don't even care that much, apparently you do

So oleboy41, you think the cybercops will come after me? I duplicated a CD one time too....I might end up in prison with the way I am going. :)

You're headed down a path of death and destruction. If you don't stop hitting Control C now you'll never stop. I'd hate to see a fellow Gopherholer suffer those consequences:)

I am not sure how valuable the comparison is. For example, compare the records of Dantonio and Beliema. Doesn't Beliema have the superior record? Does that mean he is the better coach?

The difference between the two is their track record. There is a large perception (fair or not - though I consider it absolutely fair) that Bielema's initial successes were solely result of the roster that Alvarez left for him, and nothing more. You will note that his record has gotten worse in each successive year.

Dantonio, on the other hand, took Cincinnati to two bowls in three years, and has hit the ground running with MSU. He left Cincinnati a much better program than the one he inherited, to the point where it is now the best team in the Big East. Of course, Brian Kelly has a little bit to do with that, but I don't think anyone, at this time, feels Wisconsin will be better when Bielema leaves than it was when Alvarez left.

It is also worth noting that their records are exactly the same over the last two seasons (16-10), but the programs are on polar-opposite trajectories.

And as far as Brewster v. Dantonio, it is valid because we theoretically could have had him instead of who we ended up with. Time will tell if it was the right choice, but as of right now, I think any sane person would say MSU got the better guy. And this is coming from someone who is as excited about Brewster as anybody.

Truthfully though I cannot say that I disagree with any of Doogies comments. I have always been curious as to why Brewster never had a coordinator job first and it does make you wonder?

I didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

I don't even care that much

...says the guy who went out of his way to tattle on the OP. What purpose does that serve? Do you think he cares? Obviously, he doesn't, or he wouldn't have posted it. Unless you work for Rivals, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they can enforce their own policies just fine without Officer Douche on the case.

When you are a PR nightmare for the U., its only a matter of time....

Not the first time I've heard this either. Evidently Brew's act is grating folks above him in the pecking order the wrong way. Obviously this isn't the first case of an AD and HC not getting along, but Macturi will get the ultimate decision on whether to retain Brew in the end. This drama is not something that was needed right now...

When you are a PR nightmare for the U., its only a matter of time....

This is a PR nightmare? Wow...you really are nervous all the time aren't you? I'd hate to see how you react to a real PR issue. This was barely a blip on the national radar. This is a local story that got picked up by few if any major regional/national forums. ESPN radio is national but the show we’re talking about isn’t close to say, SportsCenter, etc. I was annoyed that the story was reported as a fact (with no sourcing) rather than the rumor it was and is, but even I recognized that this was going to mean nothing in the scheme of things.

The OK State coach going off in that press conference was a PR nightmare. That went viral on YouTube immediately. That was all over SportsCenter. There were conversations on ESPN shows about whether he should get fired. And guess what. No one cares anymore because he won last year.

Lane Kiffin lying in a Sports Illustrated story or making up accusations about Florida. That is a PR nightmare. And that too will be forgiven and ignored if he wins.

You are a joke. If Brewster fails here it will be cause he didn’t win enough games. Not because he may or may not have posted something about Pat Reusse’s weight. Not because he rubbed people the wrong way (though I'm sure that if he rubs the Prez/AD the wrong way it shortens the leash). And if he wins here everyone except those with an agenda against him will never remember/care about these things. Winning cures all.

...says the guy who went out of his way to tattle on the OP. What purpose does that serve? Do you think he cares? Obviously, he doesn't, or he wouldn't have posted it. Unless you work for Rivals, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they can enforce their own policies just fine without Officer Douche on the case.

lol. Tattling? I didn't e-mail any mods or make any phone calls. This thread will be seen by all anyway. I just find it funny, just like I find all the GH, GI bickering funny since many are a part of both sites. You amuse me though. Please keep posting :)

lol. Tattling? I didn't e-mail any mods or make any phone calls. This thread will be seen by all anyway. I just find it funny, just like I find all the GH, GI bickering funny since many are a part of both sites. You amuse me though. Please keep posting :)

If it was intended as satire, then bravo. But perhaps you should make your intentions a little more clear. That's all I'm saying.

So oleboy41, I see you posted a link over there to this thread. Now that does qualify you as a "snitch". That is really really bad in the neighborhood I came from. Watch yourself now.

re:

This is a PR nightmare? Wow...you really are nervous all the time aren't you? I'd hate to see how you react to a real PR issue. This was barely a blip on the national radar. This is a local story that got picked up by few if any major regional/national forums. ESPN radio is national but the show we’re talking about isn’t close to say, SportsCenter, etc. I was annoyed that the story was reported as a fact (with no sourcing) rather than the rumor it was and is, but even I recognized that this was going to mean nothing in the scheme of things.

The OK State coach going off in that press conference was a PR nightmare. That went viral on YouTube immediately. That was all over SportsCenter. There were conversations on ESPN shows about whether he should get fired. And guess what. No one cares anymore because he won last year.

Lane Kiffin lying in a Sports Illustrated story or making up accusations about Florida. That is a PR nightmare. And that too will be forgiven and ignored if he wins.

You are a joke. If Brewster fails here it will be cause he didn’t win enough games. Not because he may or may not have posted something about Pat Reusse’s weight. Not because he rubbed people the wrong way (though I'm sure that if he rubs the Prez/AD the wrong way it shortens the leash). And if he wins here everyone except those with an agenda against him will never remember/care about these things. Winning cures all.

Sorry, child, there is much more to it than the fat pat episode, there is a laundry list which includes his entire 3rd grade level twittering--quite tedious to anyone above the level of an 8th grade education. Since you're are in the strata it appeals to, I would guess your next question to be, "whats wrong with brew's twittering?"

I didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

I am just impressed you just had your first thought of your own rather than copying and pasting others info and thoughts from GI and posting it over here as your own in an attempt to show that you have a clue.

If it was intended as satire, then bravo. But perhaps you should make your intentions a little more clear. That's all I'm saying.

Just to clear the record I don't actually care. If I did care it sure wouldn't be about a post by Doogie in a thread.

Sorry, child, there is much more to it than the fat pat episode, there is a laundry list which includes his entire 3rd grade level twittering--quite tedious to anyone above the level of an 8th grade education. Since you're are in the strata it appeals to, I would guess your next question to be, "whats wrong with brew's twittering?"

So twittering is a PR nightmare? Again, fail to see the connection. YOU might be embarrassed by it but this is a recruiting tool. Honestly, his Tweet style isn't my cup of tea either, but I certainly don't care about it enough to get embarrassed by it or think its a PR nightmare. If it works I don't care if he uses too many exclamation points or goes all Lakesbison with the Caps Lock. If it doesn't work I would hope he'd try something new (just as I'd hope he'd do so with any failing recruiting tactic).

If its tedious to you, don't read it. I certainly don't bother checking it out. This is how the man is. He is either your cup of tea or he isn't. But none of this will have anything to do with whether or not he lasts here. If he wins he'll be fine so long as he doesn't cheat. Period.

If there is more to your laundry list I'd love to hear it. But try to make sure its actually things that are a PR nightmare, not just stuff that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Also, please don't send your crew after me for disagreeing with you! :p

Top Bottom