Doogie: Gophers coordinators see positives entering spring practice (long Q&A)

If you didn't flip out, there wouldn't be a b*tch fest. People discuss former Gopher players all the time. He was good enough to make Denver's practice squad, and I think they might know a little about talent. And few would argue that the coaching was ideal here.

I must have articulated my point poorly. My point was the topic of Adam Weber has produced many heated debates on this board. Bringing up his name in a thread about the current OC and DC seems pointless to me and appears, at least to me, an attempt to instigate another one of those debates. Thats just one man's observation. And apparently, that view is in the minority.

What does Weber making Denver's practice squad have to do with what I said? I didnt mention anything about Adam Weber's skill or ability.

Yes, the coaching was bad but it was bad for everyone. Not just Adam Weber.

I must have articulated my point poorly. My point was the topic of Adam Weber has produced many heated debates on this board. Bringing up his name in a thread about the current OC and DC seems pointless to me and appears, at least to me, an attempt to instigate another one of those debates. Thats just one man's observation. And apparently, that view is in the minority.
The problem is you're the one who started the debate. I think we're at the point that people aren't going to get too heated about Weber anymore. He's been gone for over a year now.

What does Weber making Denver's practice squad have to do with what I said? I didnt mention anything about Adam Weber's skill or ability.

Yes, the coaching was bad but it was bad for everyone. Not just Adam Weber.

When coaches and systems change a lot, it hurts the QB more than any other position by far.

My intent wasn't to start a debate but to stop one before it started. Failed miserably. My bad. Carry on.

I am sort of with CJ on this. I don't think he was bashing Adam Weber, I think he was saying something like "bringing up Adam Weber in this thread is only going to start an argument."

It's a shame, because for whatever reason, the mere mention of Adam Weber can devolve a thread into a pissing match back and forth (more than any other player i've seen). I think CJ's reaction was similar to how people say something like "grabs popcorn" when people mention 40 times. It is a subject that is just going to cause a stir.

I haven't seen a Weber debate/debacle in many, many moons. I don't think one would have fired up here. That bus left the station ages ago and CJ apparently missed it.

I heard Adam Weber ran a 4.4 40.

Good move in changing the discussion to 40 times and away from discussion of people. That way it won't be so personal. Wait a second though! 40 times become personal when they change to being about hand held times vs. electronic time. Help!

I haven't seen a Weber debate/debacle in many, many moons. I don't think one would have fired up here. That bus left the station ages ago and CJ apparently missed it.

That could be, but I am still a little gun shy to bring up Weber. I just don't remember a single Adam Weber discussion NOT going that direction. I wish they wouldn't and maybe they don't anymore (and i'm just gunshy). But when I see Adam Weber's name I cringe in the same manner I cringe when someone says something about 40 times. I like Weber, but I just assume it's going to be followed by a pissing match. But you're probably right that that ship has sailed.

Good move in changing the discussion to 40 times and away from discussion of people. That way it won't be so personal. Wait a second though! 40 times become personal when they change to being about hand held times vs. electronic time. Help!

Adam Weber faked the moon landing, snuck baby Obama into the country for the liberal elite, added the words "under god" to the pledge of allegiance, and prefers blondes to brunettes.

Adam Weber faked the moon landing, snuck baby Obama into the country for the liberal elite, added the words "under god" to the pledge of allegiance, and prefers blondes to brunettes.

Link?

IF and WHEN anyone on the Gopher Squad EVER puts up better numbers than Adam Weber then you can do what ever you think you have a right to do. BUT, until that happens: Adam Weber simply was the best and made the most of the crappy coaches he had to play for. NAIL the darn coaches Weber played for to the tree...and NAIL that pathetic brewster character good. But, don't EVEN go there knocking Adam Weber. He holds many of the Gopher records for passing. He ALWAYS showed up...even when he was hurt and took the ball that the damn coach handed him each and every game. Crucify the pathetic brewster...but do NOT go after Adam Weber...THAT is low-rent...low-classed and out of line...

; 0 (

IF and WHEN anyone on the Gopher Squad EVER puts up better numbers than Adam Weber then you can do what ever you think you have a right to do. BUT, until that happens: Adam Weber simply was the best and made the most of the crappy coaches he had to play for. NAIL the darn coaches Weber played for to the tree...and NAIL that pathetic brewster character good. But, don't EVEN go there knocking Adam Weber. He holds many of the Gopher records for passing. He ALWAYS showed up...even when he was hurt and took the ball that the damn coach handed him each and every game. Crucify the pathetic brewster...but do NOT go after Adam Weber...THAT is low-rent...low-classed and out of line...

; 0 (

No one is attacking Adam Weber. I merely said that when his name gets brought up, it often leads to an argument. It's nothing against him, just that opinions on him can be polarizing.

No one is attacking Adam Weber. I merely said that when his name gets brought up, it often leads to an argument. It's nothing against him, just that opinions on him can be polarizing.

So can hemorrhoids.

Let this be a warning

; 0 (

Even though this string has been here for a while it will eventually wake up wren from his drunken stupor. It is time to close this string and for wren to go back to sleep.

Top Bottom