Donation to GopherHole: Turning off ads?

pk2

Reaction score
Apparently, the hard-working folks at GopherHole are running their annual donation drive. For a $100 donation, a person can get some swag, and also get the ads turned off (by far the bigger incentive, in my opinion). For smaller donations, you get some swag.

When they run these drives, I ask myself, "Do I get more than $2 per week's worth of enjoyment and education from GopherHole?" Since the answer is a tremendous "Yes" (and also since it's good to support the fine writing team), I have no problem making the donation.

I did that a week ago Sunday, and the ads still haven't been turned off. To be fair, they did disappear for about 24 hours last week, but then reappeared. I sent a couple of emails to the kind folks at GopherHole, and haven't received a reply.

Have others on GH had an issue with the turning off of the ads?

Amazes me how its 2022 and people still don't run "ad blockers" but donations is also good and staff said they are working on fixes

@pk2, we are transitioning our ad partners and it's taking a bit longer than we expected. We are aware of the delay and hope to have it solved soon. We apologize for the delay.

@pk2, we are transitioning our ad partners and it's taking a bit longer than we expected. We are aware of the delay and hope to have it solved soon. We apologize for the delay.

No sweat. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate all the work you put in for this website.

Apparently, the hard-working folks at GopherHole are running their annual donation drive. For a $100 donation, a person can get some swag, and also get the ads turned off (by far the bigger incentive, in my opinion). For smaller donations, you get some swag.

When they run these drives, I ask myself, "Do I get more than $2 per week's worth of enjoyment and education from GopherHole?" Since the answer is a tremendous "Yes" (and also since it's good to support the fine writing team), I have no problem making the donation.

I did that a week ago Sunday, and the ads still haven't been turned off. To be fair, they did disappear for about 24 hours last week, but then reappeared. I sent a couple of emails to the kind folks at GopherHole, and haven't received a reply.

Have others on GH had an issue with the turning off of the ads?
I've sent messages to comments twice in the last week to donate the old-fashioned way with no response. I think its a good idea to donate even without the obvious incentives, but the ads are getting major league distracting.

Bleed, Gopherlady, anyone?

I've sent messages to comments twice in the last week to donate the old-fashioned way with no response. I think its a good idea to donate even without the obvious incentives, but the ads are getting major league distracting.

Bleed, Gopherlady, anyone?

We are on it...trying to get the backend issues worked out. It's taking longer than we hoped. We'll send you a PM @Holy Man

Top Bottom