Dominique Dawson

thiagoc

Reaction score
Is he still on the team??? If so, why isn't he getting any playing time. I thought he was a good walk on prospect out of HS!!!

Is he still on the team??? If so, why isn't he getting any playing time. I thought he was a good walk on prospect out of HS!!!

My guess is it is in part due to a lot of depth on this team and no huge blowouts to get him some garbage time assuming he is still on the team.

If he want's to be on the court he should transfer to St. Thomas, as a Gopher he practices and sits on the bench.

St. Thomas is a pretty legitimate program...this isn't a knock on Dominique Dawson at all, but if he were to be on UST's roster, I don't think there's a guarantee he would see a ton of playing time and I don't believe he'd be a star by any means. However, I do respect his role on the team and it cannot be understated to have a bigger athletic body on the practice squad!

St. Thomas is a pretty legitimate program...this isn't a knock on Dominique Dawson at all, but if he were to be on UST's roster, I don't think there's a guarantee he would see a ton of playing time and I don't believe he'd be a star by any means. However, I do respect his role on the team and it cannot be understated to have a bigger athletic body on the practice squad!

It wasn't a knock, St. Thomas beat Concordia (STP), they are a great program. He would probably come off the bench... maybe start.

I agree he has a useful role on the team, who wouldn't want to be part of the Gophers/Tubby squad.

Saw recent post Puerto Rico tourney interview where Al Nolen specifically cited Dominique Dawson as being an important supporting role player on this team.

Nolen stated that everyone from "1-15" was important to the success of this year's Gopher squad. Sounds like Dawson is not only "still on the team," but took the trip to Puerto Rico and plays a key role in practice and on the bench.

With Dawson being a Jr when Mbawke graduates I wouldnt be suprised to see him start to get a few minutes in the 2012-2013 season.

If thats his plan, then I applaud him if he sticks to it for 3 years of practice.

Nobody expected much out of Zach Puchtel, look what he added to the team as a senior.

If Dawson ever become more than a very minor role player than there is something very bad happening.

If Dawson ever become more than a very minor role player than there is something very bad happening.

They probably would have said the same thing about Dusty Rychart, Brent Lawson, and Zach Puchtel. This program has a history of taking lightly regarded walk-on type players and turning them into contributors.

They probably would have said the same thing about Dusty Rychart, Brent Lawson, and Zach Puchtel. This program has a history of taking lightly regarded walk-on type players and turning them into contributors.

But, in all these cases (as stated above) something very bad was happening.

I could see Dawson having a small but meaningful role on the team in couple years. He is relatively athletic and he has a big body and I don't it's beyond the realm of possibility that he could eventually do some things.

Are you saying that Dusty's contributions were only because the team was bad? I saw dozens of Dusty games in that era, and he would have contributed on this team or that one. His instincts and hustle were top notch.

Are you saying that Dusty's contributions were only because the team was bad? I saw dozens of Dusty games in that era, and he would have contributed on this team or that one. His instincts and hustle were top notch.

I think he means the academic scandal was happening - hence, a bad thing happening. I don't think anyone can rip on Dusty - if the guy was bad, he wouldn't still be playing overseas, and having a successful career a decade later.

Brent Lawson was a starter (and solid contributor) on a Gopher team that went 21-11 and 10-6 in the BT (4th place). That is better than any season under Tubby so far.

Brent Lawson was a starter (and solid contributor) on a Gopher team that went 21-11 and 10-6 in the BT (4th place). That is better than any season under Tubby so far.

Once again, I think the bad thing they were pointing out was this was following the Humphries year, 3-13 in the BT, and a mass exodus. That was something bad that had to happen, and something good - Lawson, ARob, Hagen, Grier, etc...all came out of it. I don't think anyone is saying that any of these players aren't good, just that something bad was going on for them to get their chance.

Top Bottom