Does SOUHAN deserve an apology?

As most said, he made a valid point, but went about it in very poor taste. He mocked the man's medical condition. He should have been fired.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

And he should continue to be vilified. I don't think you understand why so many people were upset with him. He took shots at Kill in the article for no reason. He could have gotten the point across without being a dik about it. But he did and then when people criticized him, he just said he was the only one who cares about Kill and made it seem like he was the one who really cared.

Derision and beratement does not deserve an apology.

http://www.startribune.com/souhan-in-category-of-health-kill-falls-too-short-to-continue/223780401/?%212&stfeature=S

In retrospect the above column was closer to fact than fiction.

Longtime fan of these forums and yes it's my first post. I guarantee I will be called out as a troll but he was absolutely vilified by this.

Objective thoughts now?

I'll give you an objective post.

1. Jerry Kill made some changes and overcame his illness to the point of being able to drive legally again.

2. This all did not work in the end for a variety of reasons, but was worth a try and almost worked out.

so.....

NomSouhan does not deserve an apology. What he does deserve is a group "Cleveland Steamer" delivered about 15 inches north of the standard "Steamer"

Please cousin. No reason to consider Souhan anything more than a jack arse.

1. Jerry Kill made some changes and overcame his illness to the point of being able to drive legally again.

2. This all did not work in the end for a variety of reasons, but was worth a try and almost worked out.

so.....

NomSouhan does not deserve an apology. What he does deserve is a group "Cleveland Steamer" delivered about 15 inches north of the standard "Steamer"

Looked up "Cleveland Steamer in the Urban Dictionary. LOL!

As most said, he made a valid point, but went about it in very poor taste. He mocked the man's medical condition. He should have been fired. Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Agreed. His article boiled down to "someone with epilepsy shouldn't have a high profile job" because of the stress and the public doesn't want to see him writhing on the ground. That is wrong. Kill proved him wrong. Had he quit when Souhan demanded it, the program would be much worse off. Kill was successful despite his medical condition which should be celebrated, not mocked or doubted.

What Souhan never seemed to get was that people (at least most people) were not upset about the suggestion that it might be in Kill or the University's interest for Kill to retire at that time. People were upset about a cheap joke where the punchline was how unpleasant it was to have to look at someone suffering from a medical condition experience a seizure.

http://www.startribune.com/souhan-in-category-of-health-kill-falls-too-short-to-continue/223780401/?%212&stfeature=S

Longtime fan of these forums and yes it's my first post. I guarantee I will be called out as a troll but he was absolutely vilified by this.

Objective thoughts now?

As I tell my kids all the time.....
Sometimes it isn't what you say, but how you say it. Souhan should burn in H,E, Double Hockey Sticks. One for really fit people.

A newspaper columnist in a major media market kept a tally of Big Ten wins compared to number of seizures.

Jim like a lot of folks like him got clicks for his article and attention. As far as I can tell that's all most of these guys want. So he got what he wanted.

Objective thoughts now?

He was rightly vilified (including by his fellow members of the media). For being an unprofessional hack of a journalist. Thanks for stopping by.........troll.........or should I say friend of Soupcan.

Objective thoughts now?
No just no. It wasn't what he said, it's how he went about it and when he had the chance didn't the spine to stand up to national scrutiny and defend himself. Souhan is a coward and Grade A Prick and I am absolutely floored that he still has a job.

so.....

Yes, that was an objective post. In the short term, Souhan was wrong. In the long term, he was right, but because of the tone of his article no apology should be forthcoming.

Top Bottom