Does anyone still think the other conferences will cancel the season?

That CDC report that came out is crazy. Only 6% of all deaths related to Covid sighted Covid as the lone reason of death....On average there were 2.6 other underlying issues plus Covid that caused the other 94% of deaths. This entire shutdown has been a complete farce!

And you probably have (or will have) one of those 2.6 underlying issues.

And you probably have (or will have) one of those 2.6 underlying issues.
But even with the 2.6 issues the death rate is way lower then predicted. I had read in the beginning they were expecting 2 million deaths in the US. Thank God that didn't happen.

But even with the 2.6 issues the death rate is way lower then predicted. I had read in the beginning they were expecting 2 million deaths in the US. Thank God that didn't happen.

Whose prediction? 6 million infected and 185,000 dead is a disgrace. We should all be ashamed.

First article I could find from March. But I'm sure I could find several if I cared that much.

That CDC report that came out is crazy. Only 6% of all deaths related to Covid sighted Covid as the lone reason of death....On average there were 2.6 other underlying issues plus Covid that caused the other 94% of deaths. This entire shutdown has been a complete farce!
To correctly put this in other words: 94% of the people who have died because of the covid19 pandemic, would still be alive today if there had never been a pandemic.

But, no matter what I say, you'll continue to be dishonest about this for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:

Whose prediction? 6 million infected and 185,000 dead is a disgrace. We should all be ashamed.
You're absolutely right. Fat, obese, diabetic society... it's shameful no doubt about it. And to top it off some governors waged war on the most at-risk in the nursing homes. Equally shameful

You're absolutely right. Fat, obese, diabetic society... it's shameful no doubt about it. And to top it off some governors waged war on the most at-risk in the nursing homes. Equally shameful

I don't live in Minnesota. What war on nursing homes are you talking about?

I don't live in Minnesota. What war on nursing homes are you talking about?
Just make sure you fact-check and decide for yourself. He’s very likely to throw lies at you.

War on nursing homes? Do please explain.

Why would people that took the precautions, always stayed in good shape and did not get sick be ashamed. Local Governments made mistakes in a area that carried no previous example. Those numbers would be much higher if we had done nothing.

Why would people that took the precautions, always stayed in good shape and did not get sick be ashamed. Local Governments made mistakes in a area that carried no previous example. Those numbers would be much higher if we had done nothing.

Because the Greatest Country in the World could not show any semblance of a unified response, which caused tens of millions of infections; hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths; untold suffering amongst patients, their families, and healthcare providers; and trillions of dollars in economic damage. Apply your critique of the basketball program to the national Covid-19 response.

To correctly put this in other words: 94% of the people who have died because of the covid19 pandemic, would still be alive today if there had never been a pandemic.

But, no matter what I say, you'll continue to be dishonest about this for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:
Well, you don't know that for sure, but I get your point. My point is that high risk people should have quarantined and should continue to do so. Im not denying Covid is real, but I contend the economy and the social unrest in this country can partially be blamed by shutting down the country.

Because the Greatest Country in the World could not show any semblance of a unified response, which caused tens of millions of infections; hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths; untold suffering amongst patients, their families, and healthcare providers; and trillions of dollars in economic damage. Apply your critique of the basketball program to the national Covid-19 response.
Apply your standards to the annual flu deaths? Not.

Well, you don't know that for sure, but I get your point. My point is that high risk people should have quarantined and should continue to do so. Im not denying Covid is real, but I contend the economy and the social unrest in this country can partially be blamed by shutting down the country.
You're correct, I can't know for sure. And it would not be 0% exactly, in 5 months. Maybe 1-2% would've died (my wild guess), the sickest succumbing to their other ailments and some other random deaths (accidents, etc.).

What evidence do you have that high risk people are running around laissez faire with no precautions, trying to get themselves killed, in order to make the country look bad? That seems to me what your implication is. And that is absurd.

Certainly the economy is harmed by enforcing social distancing or lockdowns. No one would deny that. Although, the S&P 500 has certainly bounced back.

Social unrest has nothing to do with covid19. It is a culture war, that is being waged in our streets.

If you look at the chart, it doesn’t just list previous underlying conditions like diabetes or obesity. The 94% is just literally anyone that has more than one thing listed as cause of death on the death certificate. Doesn’t mean they all had other issues. Some certainly did but many in that group have things like pneumonia and respiratory failure listed. Those are things that were caused by COVID.

If you look at the chart, it doesn’t just list previous underlying conditions like diabetes or obesity. The 94% is just literally anyone that has more than one thing listed as cause of death on the death certificate. Doesn’t mean they all had other issues. Some certainly did but many in that group have things like pneumonia and respiratory failure listed. Those are things that were caused by COVID.
You have now idea if pneumonia and the flu were caused by Covid. Many thousands die every year of those two health issues. 85 year old man dies with pneumonia and also test positive for Covid and reason for death is written as Covid. That's just wrong!

You're correct, I can't know for sure. And it would not be 0% exactly, in 5 months. Maybe 1-2% would've died (my wild guess), the sickest succumbing to their other ailments and some other random deaths (accidents, etc.).

What evidence do you have that high risk people are running around laissez faire with no precautions, trying to get themselves killed, in order to make the country look bad? That seems to me what your implication is. And that is absurd.

Certainly the economy is harmed by enforcing social distancing or lockdowns. No one would deny that. Although, the S&P 500 has certainly bounced back.

Social unrest has nothing to do with covid19. It is a culture war, that is being waged in our streets.
I disagree with almost everything you say here! Read my words, don't imply what you think I am saying, what I wrote was very clear.

My parents are 86 years old and have stayed home throughout this pandemic. They should have, but a 30 year old should go on living their life. If they get Covid, so be it, they will recover.

If you think the markets are a real indication of the economy you need to do some brushing up in that area.

You have now idea if pneumonia and the flu were caused by Covid. Many thousands die every year of those two health issues. 85 year old man dies with pneumonia and also test positive for Covid and reason for death is written as Covid. That's just wrong!
We know Covid causes things like pneumonia and respiratory failure. You’re right there could be people that died of pneumonia but also contracted COVID. But it wasn’t all of them. It’s extremely common for death certificates to list multiple things as cause of death.

Top Bottom