Do you want a Gopher volleyball specific board?

Do you want a Gopher volleyball specific forum on GopherHole?

• Yes, would love that, the interest is there.

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • No, I’m fine going to the “Other Gopher Sports” forum.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We saw a suggestion for a Gopher volleyball specific message board, similar to women’s basketball - would you all want this? With the popularity of women’s volleyball and the attendance at games, etc. we can see the excitement and interest increasing and we are happy to create its own board if there’s enough interest. That way you can break conversations out for recruiting, specific articles, match by match threads, etc.

Please share your thoughts.

Great news for a designated Volleyball Board. I'm super excited to see Coach Cook put his stamp on this program, and see how it differs from Hugh's. For those that follow volleyball closer than me, do you have any idea how our team may change or evolve under Cook?

Cool! Someone should advertise the new board on the Minnesota 2023 thread on Volleytalk, as well. Probably most prefer to just post over there, but might get a couple new sign-ups.

For that matter, why not make new boards for softball, soccer, baseball, etc?

What does it "hurt" to do that? What does it "cost" to do that? So what if they're lightly used?

We saw a suggestion for a Gopher volleyball specific message board, similar to women’s basketball - would you all want this? With the popularity of women’s volleyball and the attendance at games, etc. we can see the excitement and interest increasing and we are happy to create its own board if there’s enough interest. That way you can break conversations out for recruiting, specific articles, match by match threads, etc.

Please share your thoughts.
Yes! My thumbs get tired from the extra clicks it takes to arrive at the MN women’s most highly played sport.

Thanks for the new board!

But why is it called "Gopher Women's Volleyball Forum" instead of simply the "Gopher Volleyball Forum"? For that matter -- and I'm sure someone must have pointed this out in the past -- why is the men's basketball forum called "Golden Gopher Basketball Forum" and the women's is called "Women's Basketball Forum"? Similarly, we have the "Gopher Hockey Forum" rather than the "Gopher Men's Hockey Forum." By 2022, I wouldn't expect to still see these assumptions that "basketball forum" means "men's," etc.

Top Bottom