Do you root for other Big 10 teams...

DeltaHog

Reaction score
in their bowl games?
Just curious.

I tend to root for the other SEC teams in all their bowls except for Ole Miss and Florida.

I despise Alabama but I my hate for Texas is far deeper. Haha.
So I'm pretty much torn in the national championship game.

Just something I have often wondered about.

I cheer for all the Big Ten teams in post season play.

Go Gophers!!

I like to see the Big Ten do well overall, but that means 3 losses in the bowl season: Wisc, Mich, Iowa.

I pull for all Big Ten teams in their bowl games and in the non-conference games. That being said, it still makes me feel dirty.

Everyone BUT wisconsin. Never cheer for wisconsin. It's good for the Big 10 to appear to be a strong conference, but that's not important enough to make me hate myself that much.

Yep, even Wisconsin and Iowa. Delta- I don't know you, but I have a great deal of respect for the way you carry yourself here. That said, I think that part of the reason the SEC gets so much love is that the fans of the SEC beat their chests collectively and vocally about how great they and their conference are. I cheer for other Big Ten teams mainly because I think our fans should embrace our conference as SEC fans do theirs (albeit with a little less obnoxiousness).

On a side note, I loved hearing fans of Auburn, LSU and Miami bitch!ng about the cold weather and bad conditions during the bowl games. A guy from Miami was actually complaining that the cold gave Wisconsin a home field type of advantage. Of course that fact Miami was playing in Florida meant nothing.

NO NO NO people, come on now.

I could not care less what the talking heads think is a better conference. I will not ever cheer for Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, or Iowa in a bowl, or any game unless it helps the Gophers win a BT title.

I might cheer for other BT teams only if they are playing a team I hate more (Notre Dame, etc) or are a big underdog - see NW vs. Mizzou last year as an example.

If Kirk Herbstreit or Mark May's thoughts influence your life that much, then go ahead and cheer for Iowa or Wisconsin. I never will. A true Gopher fan wouldn't IMO.

I will never cheer for IA, WI or Michigan. NEVER.

I will cheer for the rest especially when they play higher ranked opponents.

I cheer for all Big Ten teams in bowl games and all basketball teams in tournament play. Didn't ever plan to do it, but, all of a sudden one time, I found myself pulling for a Bo Ryan team against Kentucky. Once the shock and shame wore off, I have continued to do it since I had already sinned.

I will gladly cheer for everyone except Wisconsin and Iowa

I hope G-Tech destroys Iowa right after we wax their basketball team. The Buckeyes and Penn State (and Wisconsin) have already won their bowls which means we won't hear the B10 is weak argument after this bowl season (not to mention both the Gophers and NW lost in very close games). I would like to see MSU beat TexasTech though.

I always cheer for Big Ten teams in Bowl Games; Non-Conference games, not always.

Absolutely Big Ten. The only team I always cheer against is Notre Dame.

Absolutely not. A thousand years of darkness on the lot of them.

Won't cheer for any of them. A very small maybe would be a game vs Notre Dame or Nebraska, that would have to be Northwestern or Indiana though.

Always - speaking of which, go MSU! Nice TD!

I cheer for all BT teams during bowl games and March Madness.

Yep, all Big 10 teams. But my normal feelings toward Iowa and Wisconsin return within minutes of them finishing their bowl games though.

I don't cheer for Iowa or Wisconsin..I don't really "want" OSU or PSU to win but I don't mind if they do. I rooted for NW, Mich, and the Gophs though.

I always cheer for the Big 10 teams in the Bowl Season and the Basketball Tournament. However, there is an exception, I never will cheer for Wisconsin or Iowa to win a Nat'l Championship.

All but Iowa this year. My hatred for them is genuine and deep, and my love of Paul Johnson's brand of football sincere.

I root against all other Big Ten teams in Bowl games and root for Ohio State to get embarrassed like they have the last 3 BCS games. It was a shame Oregon could not embarrass them like they should have.

Who to root for???

I would never root for Wisc or Iowa unless their victory would directly benefit the Gophers.

I also feel a bit of dislike for Illinois for some reason.

Depends on the team. Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa? Never. Not a chance in Iowa City.

PSU and Northwestern? Yes. Nothing but respect for the coaches.

Everyone else depends on who they play, but are more likely than not a "yes".

Top Bottom