Do you have a favorite player?

Sorry to be a spoil sport here, but I took the Thread Title and OP to mean our current Gophers, not some long lost transfer who is long gone. Dwell on past ones if you so desire, but that, to me, is meaningless. My favorite is any one of them on the current roster, representing us in Maroon and Gold.

I don't think we need to take the "Do you have a favorite player" thread so seriously.

I'm a big EE supporter for what it's worth.

I like Coleman.

It sounds like Coleman was probably out of here either way, Tubby dodged another Gopher to leave on his watch.

@JonRothstein: Creighton and Saint Mary's are both in the mix for Minnesota transfer Joe Coleman, per a source

I don't think we need to take the "Do you have a favorite player" thread so seriously.

I'm a big EE supporter for what it's worth.

Sloth, I agree. That was my point...who is your favorite player on the current roster.

That makes no sense.
both combo guards, played the point but neither really a true point, both could stroke it from behind the arc and both could get hot and be a streaky scorer, and both are at least 6-1

also i dont see how coleman would have transferred if tubby was still here, malik smith, mcniel and dre mathieu were key in coleman's departure, mainly smith

both combo guards, played the point but neither really a true point, both could stroke it from behind the arc and both could get hot and be a streaky scorer, and both are at least 6-1

also i dont see how coleman would have transferred if tubby was still here, malik smith, mcniel and dre mathieu were key in coleman's departure, mainly smith

+1

Again, most of the rumors weren't "unsubstantiated" as he's wanted out for a while. Some just chose to ignore the rumors, but they've been there for some time (not just this offseason)

El Amin Fan and people in the know had heard this for a while. He was probably gone even if Tubby stayed.

Dre is a game changer that can flat out take over a game and a much better pg.

Both are at least 6'-1"? Great comparison!

I agree on the devoe comparison. He is much more of a Devoe than a Westbrook. Better than both though. Both on and off the court. He seems like very good teammate. Can't say that about the other two.

I didn't see the Westy vs. Devoe comparisons when I read your quote that 'andre is a devoe joseph'. Westy could take over a game in the clutch, but I don't think either are good comparisons to Dre.

Dre is closer in height and weight to Westy, but that doesn't tell you anything about their games.

El Amin Fan and people in the know had heard this for a while. He was probably gone even if Tubby stayed.

I wouldn't know. I do know he announced he was transferring very late in the process, after it was obvious his 26 mpg would be decreased and was in danger of losing the starting position he held for most of two years. IMO he made the right decision to seek an opportunity elsewhere, where he could get more playing time.

Joe never showed me that much to earn all of the accolades some of you give him, but I do think he would have contributed to the new Gopher System with pressure defense and run and gun. But I know very little.

FWIW Tubby has said several times that Mo has the highest BBall IQ.

Both Mo and Austin are coaches sons. Mo impressed me his freshman year with his court awareness, footwork and passing ability.

Top Bottom