Do you have a favorite player?

howieramone

Reaction score
When I first heard a 7 foot center was coming to Dinkytown, I couldn't wait to see him. First news I received was after Shooter watched the first week of practice and reported EE was head and shoulders the best recruit in the class. Fast forwarding to the Virginia Tech game, Bobby Knight raved about EE's advanced big man skills. I saw the same thing. I could tell EE had been well-coached at some point in time. I thought he played well his freshman year and made incremental improvement as a sophomore. One of the high points for me last season was when he finally started looking for his shot near the end of the season. A number of players are going to improve during the off-season, my guess is EE will be right near the top.

Go Gophers!

I'm holding out hope that under Rich Pitino, Hosea Crittenden will have a breakout year.

Austin Hollins is a favorite of mine. His shooting has been inconsistent and frustrating at times, but he's a guy who usually does the little things well. Plays good defense and has a good AST/TO ratio. He just seems like a very smart kid. And since I'm one of the smartest guys on g'hole, we have a lot in common.

Austin Hollins is a favorite of mine. His shooting has been inconsistent and frustrating at times, but he's a guy who usually does the little things well. Plays good defense and has a good AST/TO ratio. He just seems like a very smart kid. And since I'm one of the smartest guys on g'hole, we have a lot in common.

Austin was smart enough to not live in Iowa...

I always liked Dre but what he did in the NCAA tournament won me over. Probably my favorite gopher since Bobby Jackson. And he seems like such a great kid too.

I think Dre will by far be the best player, but I am really excited to see Buggs this year. If he can put on some weight I think he could be very important for us. Has a nice shooting touch and is super athletic. We need a 4 to step up. Plus in Pitino's last interview he couldn't stop raving about him.

I think Dre will by far be the best player, but I am really excited to see Buggs this year. If he can put on some weight I think he could be very important for us. Has a nice shooting touch and is super athletic. We need a 4 to step up. Plus in Pitino's last interview he couldn't stop raving about him.

Agreed! Definitely very excited to see him play too!

Austin Hollins. Love the old style four year recruit who will stick with a program and be a huge leader for the other players.

I really like Austin.

I loved Tollackson's finesse and Sampson's aggressive demeanor on the court.

On behalf of my non-GH'er buddy:

Chris Halvorson. Always the first guy up off the bench during a timeout. Best towel waver since Kevin Payton. Got a rebound once.

Yes, he knows he transferred. Big shoes to fill..................who will step up?

Lean slightly towards Austin, but when Dre gets it going he's pretty impressive.

I love Austin. I think he is hands down the smartest player on the team. Plays great off the ball. If he could get his shooting more consistent, he would be fantastic.

Sorry to be a spoil sport here, but I took the Thread Title and OP to mean our current Gophers, not some long lost transfer who is long gone. Dwell on past ones if you so desire, but that, to me, is meaningless. My favorite is any one of them on the current roster, representing us in Maroon and Gold.

Top Bottom