Do we stay in the top 10?

Taji34

Reaction score
I think we do, but I don't think we move up. Our win is convincing enough not to move down, but not enough to warrant any upward movement unless there is a blowout above us.

What do you all think?

of course we do. We move up to at least 9 with Penn St's loss.

Um, we def move up over Penn St. How could we not? They have 2 losses and 1 is to us

Not sure how we could move down after a 16 point win over a team where the spread was 15....we’re 10-1....confused how anyone would consider the possibility of us dropping out

We will move up for sure! At least to #9.

PSU will drop out of top 10.

We will move up. The league is probably really hoping WI wins today and others lose so they can get a Top 10 match-up for Game Day next weekend.

We should pass PSU this week to get up to #9.
Oklahoma, Utah, and Oregon all left to play.
Any of them losing would move them below us I would think.

PSU with quality losses though -

Sorry, really trying to get the hang of committee logic.

Spot nine is expected. Anything in the 8 or 7 slot would be crazy

The committee doesn’t have logic. We will move up, one or two spots, maybe more depending on outcomes later.

Some really crazy chaos would have to happen for us to be not in the top 10.

of course we do. We move up to at least 9 with Penn St's loss.
Yes, and you may be be right that we pass Penn State, despite that they did very well against the nation's best team. At the least, we'll hold at #10.

Yes, and you may be be right that we pass Penn State, despite that they did very well against the nation's best team. At the least, we'll hold at #10.

Did you watch the game? They didn’t do very well. They were gifted 14 points because of fumbles on consecutive drives and psu scored 2 touchdowns in 26 secs. Osu would have beat themselves.

Yeah I would think we go up to #9, unless one of the PAC schools lays an egg in Arizona.

Be curious to see if Michigan goes up to #10. Wisconsin is in a close-ish battle with Purdue and plenty of game left.

If Arkansas can beat LSU we will have chaos.

Both Oregon and Oklahoma are in tough games. It would be great if at least one of them lost.

At worst 8th, maybe 7th for OU sucking against TCU at home...

Yup. 8 is probably the spot on Tuesday after the Oregon loss. Utah up 14-0 currently

So tired of Oklahoma.....they barely won and of course all media is sucking OK dciks.

I hope we'll pass them fools

I predict we move up to #8 - we won't jump OU. What I would like to see happen is the committee to punish BAMA for their week schedule. I would have Utah and OU jump BAMA after this week and then have the Gophers jump the lot of them to #5 if we win convincingly at WI. The committee must punish power 5 for scheduling FCS schools this late into the season. With a win at WI, we will have 2 top 10 wins heading into the B1G championship and one close loss, away, to a top 20 opponent. That deserves a #5 spot.

I predict we move up to #8 - we won't jump OU. What I would like to see happen is the committee to punish BAMA for their week schedule. I would have Utah and OU jump BAMA after this week and then have the Gophers jump the lot of them to #5 if we win convincingly at WI. The committee must punish power 5 for scheduling FCS schools this late into the season. With a win at WI, we will have 2 top 10 wins heading into the B1G championship and one close loss, away, to a top 20 opponent. That deserves a #5 spot.
Wisconsin game is here not at Wisconsin.

I posted another thread about Bama. MN was held down to #17 on first rankings because of weak schedule.
Eight game conference schedules and one of your non-conference is a high school team. It's mind-numbing this isn't mentioned by the CFP committee.

I would guess 8. It's dumb but it is what it is. I love how everyone said Minnesota played nobody but Alabama is legitimately the definition of playing Nobody this year. The 1 they did play, they lost. The SEC just isn't as good this year. Not nearly as top heavy as other years. Now maybe Bowl season will say otherwise, but that's what my digging through schedules tells me. Also that conference schedules so many weak FCS schools it isn't even funny.

Top Bottom