Do we have a student section?

GopherNation

Reaction score
A weak showing by the student section to start the game again. Please create the emotion and don't feed off the players alone, or the Gophers are screwed!!

The students can't win. They get scolded no matter what they do.
How about the other 12,000 people make some noise.

well if they make some noise I promise they won't get scolded. And I agree, the older people there just sit and watch and don't cheer, kind of depressing.

A weak showing by the student section to start the game again. Please create the emotion and don't feed off the players alone, or the Gophers are screwed!!

Are you freaking kidding me?????????????????

Really?????

I'd bet you didn't cheer half as loud as anyone in the student section... If you're going to bring this s**t up again you're crazy! The only reason it was loud in there was because of the students. I sat 1st row on the far left side of the student section... right where the non-student sections start... NO ONE WAS CHEERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how some people can blame the students at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the people who pretend to give a damn, but are really just there because their company gave them tix to the game...

jeez... i don't even know what to say...

Are you freaking kidding me?????????????????

Really?????

I'd bet you didn't cheer half as loud as anyone in the student section... If you're going to bring this s**t up again you're crazy! The only reason it was loud in there was because of the students. I sat 1st row on the far left side of the student section... right where the non-student sections start... NO ONE WAS CHEERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how some people can blame the students at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the people who pretend to give a damn, but are really just there because their company gave them tix to the game...

jeez... i don't even know what to say...

You should say that it was posted at 7:56 during a Gopher lull when everyone was silent and move on.

They certainly were cheering when Hummel got injured. Classy move 2 games in a row.

I don't ever want to hear (or read) another word on this board about Wisconsin or Iowa fans being classless.

They certainly were cheering when Hummel got injured. Classy move 2 games in a row.

I don't ever want to hear (or read) another word on this board about Wisconsin or Iowa fans being classless.

The cheer was when we he got up and walked off... I don't believe it was intended because he got hurt, rather because he got up and walked off... Everyone in the barn was cheering off.... that's what happens. You may have misconstrued that. At least I was cheering because he was walking off... you NEVER want to see a player get injured.... NEVER... no matter who it is.

Dude, I know the difference. Don't insult my intelligence. As soon as Hummel went down and grabbed his leg, the student section began cheering. A few minutes later when they helped him off the court, the crowd gave him a nice applause.

I did not confuse the two.

Unless it's Greg Paulus, then you can cheer all you want(as long as it's not a serious injury). God I hate that d-bag.

Dude, I know the difference. Don't insult my intelligence. As soon as Hummel went down and grabbed his leg, the student section began cheering. A few minutes later when they helped him off the court, the crowd gave him a nice applause.

Okay.. I didn't mean to insult your intelligence... sorry...

I couldn't see hummel because matt painter was standing in my way. I thought everyone was cheering for the 'rebound'. I didn't even see what happened to hummel. I thought he lost control and I seriously think most people clapped because it was another "stop" and not because he got injured. If people clapped because he got injured... you're 100% correct... classless... I'm sure some did, but i'm not positive everyone did.

To the season ticket holders out there that are blaming the students for not cheering at the beginning of the game (yes it was 12-2 and 24-12 at points in the first half) we can't do it alone. In order for us to create a true homecourt advantage we need help from the whole arena! If you wanna go to a basketball game and sit on your hands GO TO A TIMBERWOLVES GAME! If your coming to the barn you should be ready to do everything it takes as a fan to give your team a boost in one of the toughest places to play in the nation. Anything helps get in on some of the cheers or be loud when were on defense instead of sit there and watch, act just as you would when your screaming in the metrodome when the vikes are on D. It's not hard to do, try it at the Iowa game.

Could it be that we cheered because he traveled? It was a big turnover at that point in the game.

Could it be that we cheered because he traveled? It was a big turnover at that point in the game.

Agreed. That's why I cheered. If ya remember, the place went pretty silent when we saw one of the best players in the country go down. When people realized he was really hurt, they went quiet. You honestly cant think that everyone saw him grab his knee and only paid attention to that and that's why they cheered. Bogus. No one could've immediately know he was injured and cheered. Just another stab at the student section by another lame person.

Agreed. That's why I cheered. If ya remember, the place went pretty silent when we saw one of the best players in the country go down. When people realized he was really hurt, they went quiet. You honestly cant think that everyone saw him grab his knee and only paid attention to that and that's why they cheered. Bogus. No one could've immediately know he was injured and cheered. Just another stab at the student section by another lame person.

Forgot to DVR the game but I've already set it to record the replay later tonight on BTN. I know what I heard and plenty of folks are discussing it on the Purdue boards.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I'm so tired of reading the houlier than thou posts on this board.

MinnesotaBoiler just really, really wants to be offended.

Some on the board aren't happy unless there's something new to whine about every week.

They were cheering the travel call. You could hear a pin drop when he was on the ground for awhile. You're way off base.

Forgot to DVR the game but I've already set it to record the replay later tonight on BTN. I know what I heard and plenty of folks are discussing it on the Purdue boards.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I'm so tired of reading the houlier than thou posts on this board.

I'll agree with the "holier than thou" quote because I, for one think that all student sections are obnoxious and should be... but honestly the students cheered for the turnover, the travel, the change of possession... in reality, how the hell can you tell what was in our minds? I'm sure when you record the game again, you'll hear cheers, but you're crazy if you think people root for injuries.

Ridiculous? Am I? Didn't this same student section chant "F--- Bo Ryan" last week?

Not exactly a great track record.

To answer your questions...

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Never did I say we were holy saints... but I did say we didn't cheer because hummel went down? who would do that? maybe you think we did because you're the type of person who would root for an injury...

They were cheering the travel call. You could hear a pin drop when he was on the ground for awhile. You're way off base.

BS, the game was stopped very quickly and he was rolling on the ground. There was no time to cheer a turnover. There were students cheering for the injury. It is what it is.

You're a tool. Obviously because we chanted F-- Bo Ryan we were emphatically cheering the injury of Hummel. GTFO.

Never did I say we were holy saints... but I did say we didn't cheer because hummel went down? who would do that? maybe you think we did because you're the type of person who would root for an injury...

The student section got caught. It is what it is. Hopefully next time it won't be an issue.

Top Bottom