Disillusionment

Yes. This isn't rocket science. And even if it is...the University of Minnesota could have figured out a way to pay 2 or 3 of our basketball players if they wanted to.
It's completely hopeless then. No matter what "THEY" will sabotage it. So why are you still here?

It's completely hopeless then. No matter what "THEY" will sabotage it. So why are you still here?
I won't be watching any games this coming year. There's no point in that.

But at least here I can tell it like it is. I have no respect whatsoever for the 'good' teams who pay the players. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Are the big-paying schools' boosters paying the players...at the direction of the schools?

Do we really have to split hairs?

Not splitting hairs. The schools and universities aren't paying players. Now if this revenue sharing model comes to fruition, then they will be. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

I probably speak for many here. I used to be a *huge* Gopher basketball fan. Season tickets all six years 1978-1984 I was there, and then following them avidly from points south since 1984.

Not much anymore. With the Hawkins news I hardly can get myself to care, other than just being disappointed.

Sure, its NIL. But it was the way the NCAA treated North Carolina. And how Arizona and Kansas got almost no penalties for doing much worse then the actions in 1997 with Clemgate. I see NCAA spokesweasels talk about the greatness of the sport, and my grouchy old man reaction is I wish I could just punch them.

I expect I will be taking a break from this Board. This stuff is just too painful.
I feel your pain as a Gopher basketball fan since 1960. Very discouraging!

But at least here I can tell it like it is. I have no respect whatsoever for the 'good' teams who pay the players. They should be ashamed of themselves.
I’m very proud of you not wanting to watch any upcoming games this season, but you really don’t have to come on here to explain anything to us. I think we’re gonna be OK.

I’m very proud of you not wanting to watch any upcoming games this season, but you really don’t have to come on here to explain anything to us. I think we’re gonna be OK.
Well we just had another guy here, just now, saying again that the schools aren't paying the players.

Until we get theses basic facts and common-sense down...no wonder we can't agree on anything in here.

Well we just had another guy here, just now, saying again that the schools aren't paying the players.

Until we get theses basic facts and common-sense down...no wonder we can't agree on anything in here.

It's funny you don't realize how much better the situation would be if schools were actually allowed to pay the players.

You don’t think the gophers were paying guys they acquired last season?

You won't watch but will still be here to tell us what a spectacular coach Ben is and none of it is his fault. Got it.

Top Bottom