Did Brewster leave the cupboard completely bare?

I guess if as a fan I look at the team and honestly feel that we are week in one area (or many) and strong in another (or several), I don't think making a post stating that makes me negative. Nobody benefits from burying our heads in the sand and pretending everything is ok. This team has 17 wins in the last four years - everything isn't ok. Coach Kill made comments saying that certain positions were overstaffed and others were understaffed. Does that mean he isn't a fan?? The only time it is being negative is when you wilfully look past someone who has talent to try to denigrate the team.

I think there are a handful of freshmen that may have to play for depth reasons that the Gophers would have liked to RS, but overall after the signings I think they'll be ok. I personally think 5 wins plus or minus 2 is pretty realistic. New system, a lot of unproven players but a new attitude and a reasonable schedule (getting IL and PU out of the East - oops Leaders and having IA, WI and NE at home). I honestly will be happy if I just see the team improve week to week, which I didn't really see last year until Horton took over.

I realize plus/minus 2 wins is pretty hefty but with the number of unknowns I don't think it's realistic to narrow that.

I thought Highwayman wasn't following my comments anymore.
Just chill already. Also, nothing he's posted since has been a reply to you so why you still think he's following you when he said otherwise is beyond me.

I remembered one thread I started. Amazed I had 5. That's less than 2% if my math is right.
Not sure where I'm at on the argument though. Somebody has to start new threads to "stimulate" discussion so we can all have "fun" ..."yelling" at each other.

I remembered one thread I started. Amazed I had 5. That's less than 2% if my math is right.
Not sure where I'm at on the argument though. Somebody has to start new threads to "stimulate" discussion so we can all have "fun" ..."yelling" at each other.

I'm agnostic on it too. I don't blame folks for being annoyed if multiple threads covering the same topics go up from the same poster. But it's not like there is a lot of Gopher news to crowd off the front page right now either.

The sooner that the OL and DL get stability the rest will improve rapidly.

I'm forced to agree with you. A good football team lives and dies by how it controls the line on both sides of the ball. Any team can run the ball even with less than studly running backs when their OL can get some push and create holes. And when your DL can plug holes and get after the qb, you'll be surprised how even the weakest part of your team (DBs) can make plays. This year, that should be our primary focus. Maybe a lil pressure on 'Quis will be a good thing, it will allow him to use his proven skills, his legs.

I have 3,534 posts (counting this one) and have started 57 threads. That is a rate of 0.16%.

I find it hilarious that his thread-to-post ratio is over 100 times higher than mine. And further, that he thinks that is normal. He has started roughly half as many threads as I have, and I have been here for several years.

I'm at the same percentage.

Again, I don't think it's a matter of him starting a lot of threads. If they're all constructive and different than what has been reported on or has been talked about already, then that's good. But when they're essentially the same stuff over and over, it gets annoying.

For the record, I just thought comparing new thread to post ratio's would just be a fun topic to explore. I don't really have a stance on what would constitute 'too much'.

dpodoll68 chooses to place a comma outside a parathesis

What the hell is a "parathesis"? If you meant "parentheses", then yes, I do - along with the majority of the English-speaking writers on the planet.

and believes that it is only proper (British?) English to refer to the Superbowl as the Super Bowl

I don't just "believe" it. It is absolutely, unequivocally, the only proper way to render the name of the NFL's championship game. If you can find me one published instance of any newspaper/website/legitimate medium in the last 45 years to render it in any other way, I will concede the point.

I have 3,534 posts (counting this one) and have started 57 threads. That is a rate of 0.16%.

I find it hilarious that his thread-to-post ratio is over 100 times higher than mine. And further, that he thinks that is normal. He has started roughly half as many threads as I have, and I have been here for several years.

I'm at 49 new threads out of 2,760 posts, for a ratio of 1.8%. And since I've started posting here in 2004, I doubt my average is any different than the last couple of years.

DP, you're actually at 1.6%, not 0.16% if my CSOM math skills (or calculator) are correct.

I'd also love to see the stats of LIG in terms of not just the percentage of his posts that are the start of threads, but also the percentage of his total posts that are included in the threads he starts. It's gotta be around 90%, if not more.

Actually you are at 1.6% I believe. I'm at a higher % but I think a lot of my threads are spreading links and news/information.

Actually you are at 1.6% I believe. I'm at a higher % but I think a lot of my threads are spreading links and news/information.

Ugh...I did the same thing as dpdoll. Severe math FAIL on my part. I'm @ 2%, not 0.02%.

and believes that it is only proper (British?) English to refer to the Superbowl as the Super Bowl. Bully for him.

I'm sure that he also believes that the earth is round and that the sun sets in the west. It is called the Super Bowl for God's sake. That is its proper name.

I'm at 49 new threads out of 2,760 posts, for a ratio of 1.8%. And since I've started posting here in 2004, I doubt my average is any different than the last couple of years.

DP, you're actually at 1.6%, not 0.16% if my CSOM math skills (or calculator) are correct.

I'd also love to see the stats of LIG in terms of not just the percentage of his posts that are the start of threads, but also the percentage of his total posts that are included in the threads he starts. It's gotta be around 90%, if not more.

Josh, what is truly interesting is that if you break it down even further... Say analyzing what percentage of his posts are whiny and annoying or perhaps the percentage of posts that fight off unnamed senior posters who made fun of him in a previous post; those numbers go even higher. My guess is upwards of ninety five percent of his posts are just a thinly veiled outlet for insecurity.

Did you read the part where I said I'd like to see how they adjust to Kill's system? Ya know, make a judgment with some actual information first? No? Well then I'll humor you (and will revise later if warranted). 5 games.

EDIT: I realize I put the "won't guess until after Spring" comment in another thread. So apologies.

Revise and extend as needed. The Senate can't go 3 seconds before they ask to do it. Why not on GH

609 posters are logged in right now, and the top thread is being hijacked by a discussion about post ratios. Good Grief, is it almost football season?

Go Gophers!

What the hell is a "parathesis"? If you meant "parentheses", then yes, I do - along with the majority of the English-speaking writers on the planet.

I don't just "believe" it. It is absolutely, unequivocally, the only proper way to render the name of the NFL's championship game. If you can find me one published instance of any newspaper/website/legitimate medium in the last 45 years to render it in any other way, I will concede the point.

+1

GH is an outlet of manic episodes of all types. My alter ego, AKA, my bro, is such an ego maniacal wad on GH, he pretends to be an expert on things he knows nothing. Name withheld for familial reasons.

But, what is worse, is the complete focus some people have over the word 'troll' without regard to how many definitions they themselves attach to it. I would think it would be at least 17 different definitions as used by the posting public. A few extra descriptors would compliment the insidious and odious "troll", but then again, not every poster here actually matriculated beyond grammar school. Some just pretended to "attend".

Wad up with Brew's Crew? They are athletes capable of winning as demonstrated by Horton's administration. Playing Troy S at corner makes sense. He is a hitting machine. He knows how to use his hands to cause fumbles. I can't wait for more of the same from him.

So, I'm thinking we have our typical Gopher ratio of one decent corner and one incompetent corner. If we could improve on that history, we might be able to defend against the pass with more satisfying results. At least at linebacker we will have some real game experience this year with the addition of 5 star B. Beal. Can you say FIVE STAR. With the return of the 80-40-40 tackle wonders, and the world starts to look a little bit more stable. I would not presuppose that the linebackers are world beaters, but the upgrade in the middle is starting next year. Add to that the Return of K. Royston, and the world seems to be a safer place in the backfield.

We are not looking for a great deal of upgrades -- just a key few: one corner, one safety, one middle linebacker, and a nose tackle. Yes, a replacement for middle finger DT!!! Post this hombre: yuz too phat ta play d[a]t.

I may not be as smooth as the anointed ones on GH, but then, I never cared whether or not they sang my praise or not. I am no deity. Not God. Just a fan.

And, when I say my wife gives me a 'come hither look' ;)

Punky Brewster was a freakin joke and made the gophers a laughingstock.

hopefully Kill will turn this stigma around, Punky didnt leave the cupboard bare, he is taking his brain with him thats the most important change in Gopherville.

Punky Brewster was a freakin joke and made the gophers a laughingstock.

hopefully Kill will turn this stigma around, Punky didnt leave the cupboard bare, he is taking his brain with him thats the most important change in Gopherville.

Shouldn't you be out slopping the pigs?

Top Bottom