Dicky V - Disappointed

Reaction score
Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV
Critics of Ben Howland at UCLA -Did u notice who won the Pac 12? My biggest disappointments of the year are Minnesota & NCST-give me yours.

Well, here you have it folks; utter disappointment from a national perspective, not living up to expectations, losing on the road to terrible teams = Tubby is a goner!

Say what you will about Dickie V, but he knows college basketball.

Did the season end?! I didn't realize it was over???

I'm wondering what kinds of things were being said about 9th place finisher UConn, BEFORE they went on to win the BE conf tourney and then the Natl Title.

Am I predicting anything? No. Just saying, as I have after every loss just about this season, maybe we should wait until after the season is over to evaluate. Not saying that the season STILL won't be seen as a disappointment, but if 8 Big Ten teams make it to the Sweet 16, including us, and the other 7 Big Ten teams end up in the Elite 8, but not us, well, then how would that change how we looked at the season?

LOL, and no, I don't think that's going to happen, just saying.

These guys will not beat Illinois in Chicago. Somehow they will get into the dance with a 11/12 seed and get smoked first round. Unfortunetly last year finishing 6-12 in the conference, but making the NIT championship game will be considered more successful than this one. As absurd as that sounds.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV
Critics of Ben Howland at UCLA -Did u notice who won the Pac 12? My biggest disappointments of the year are Minnesota & NCST-give me yours.

Well, here you have it folks; utter disappointment from a national perspective, not living up to expectations, losing on the road to terrible teams = Tubby is a goner!

Certain posters would say that Dickie V's expectations were way too high!!

These guys will not beat Illinois in Chicago. Somehow they will get into the dance with a 11/12 seed and get smoked first round. Unfortunetly last year finishing 6-12 in the conference, but making the NIT championship game will be considered more successful than this one. As absurd as that sounds.

Thanks for letting me know. Can you let me know who will win the Super Bowl in 2028?

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV

Mine too.

Thanks for letting me know. Can you let me know who will win the Super Bowl in 2028?

New Mexico Rattlers, next? By the way I predicted 8-10 back in January. I hope they don't make the tourney so Teague's hand is forced to make a move. But its only a matter of time now.

Did the season end?! I didn't realize it was over???

I'm wondering what kinds of things were being said about 9th place finisher UConn, BEFORE they went on to win the BE conf tourney and then the Natl Title.

Am I predicting anything? No. Just saying, as I have after every loss just about this season, maybe we should wait until after the season is over to evaluate. Not saying that the season STILL won't be seen as a disappointment, but if 8 Big Ten teams make it to the Sweet 16, including us, and the other 7 Big Ten teams end up in the Elite 8, but not us, well, then how would that change how we looked at the season?

LOL, and no, I don't think that's going to happen, just saying.

It wouldn't change anything. We still lost to teams that really aren't very good - in the '70s, '80s, '90s or today. Nebraska? Purdue? NW? Iowa was a terrible loss. Blown out by OSU. Illinois is not a great team and beat us at home. Those are all bad losses, regardless of the overall strenth of the conf. And, we looked like a poorly coached team most of the Big Ten season.

New Mexico Rattlers, next? By the way I predicted 8-10 back in January. I hope they don't make the tourney so Teague's hand is forced to make a move. But its only a matter of time now.
I don't think your never rooted for the Gophers so nothing would change even if he is fired.

I don't think your never rooted for the Gophers so nothing would change even if he is fired.

Tremendous grammar. I am pretty sure I have been following gopher sports longer than you. A change has to be made and until that happens I will continue to make points for it.

Rooting for us not to make the tournament. Classy. With 'fans' like this, maybe the remedy is to try what Miami did in the 70's/80's.

Rooting for us not to make the tournament. Classy. With 'fans' like this, maybe the remedy is to try what Miami did in the 70's/80's.

I want them to make the tournament. I want Trevor's final game to be an NCAA tournament game since he's never played in one. I want them to go out with a bang.

That said, and I mentioned this in another thread, if Tubby is truly ruining these players, they need to win for themselves and voice concerns about Tubby privately to Teague after the season. Teague and Ellis are primarily basketball guys. They know what to look at on the court. They know what works and what doesn't. They will do the right thing in this situation.

And man it feels good to say that about your AD.

Ozzy & Ray --

It wouldn't change anything. We still lost to teams that really aren't very good - in the '70s, '80s, '90s or today. Nebraska? Purdue? NW? Iowa was a terrible loss. Blown out by OSU. Illinois is not a great team and beat us at home. Those are all bad losses, regardless of the overall strenth of the conf.

I don't think you watch any bb outside of the Big Ten, do you?

And, we looked like a poorly coached team most of the Big Ten season.

And yet we still somehow got wins over 2 Top Ten teams, got a road win vs a Top 50 team, and got 5 wins vs Top 100 teams in conf play.

And compared to about 300-315 other teams out there, JUST OUR CONF wins that I listed, would compare favorably to their resumes.

Add in our ooc wins, and we compare favorably to probably 315-330 of the other teams in the nation.

DESPITE our coaches complete lack of ability to coach, OR recruit, OR keep the few recruits he gets to stay here.

If that is what it takes to get rid of this bum, yes. I know some of you are thrilled about just making the tourney and losing a close game as an underdog. I have higher expectations and believe they can be fullfilled with the right coach.

If that is what it takes to get rid of this bum, yes. I know some of you are thrilled about just making the tourney and losing a close game as an underdog. I have higher expectations and believe they can be fullfilled with the right coach.

It is possible for a coach to make the tournament and be fired you know. You have no idea what it takes to get rid of him. The making/missing/winning in the tournament is opinions of message board people. Only Teague and Ellis know what it takes to get rid of Tubby.

Why do you think that if someone cheers for their team that they are okay with the results?

Why do you think that if someone cheers for their team that they are okay with the results?

I never said that. However, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Tubby will not change and I cannot cheer for that. I cheer for Dre, Austin and the boys to get better every game for the future of the program.

I trust that Teague has enough sense not to let the results of any one basketball game influence his decision. True, Maturi didn't have enough. But he was a terrible AD.

Could a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run change whether Tubby is fired? Yes. But you also don't make the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 by accident. Either way, I and other real Gopher fans will be rooting for them to win every game. No need to leave the trolls to join us though, thanks.

gopherinpain --

You hope for BAD things to happen to our team, in hopes that will bring change?!

I'm hoping for GREAT things to happen to our team, in hopes that will bring change!!!

And I'm not saying that Tubby will change. But maybe an Elite 8 or FF run would give him a reason to retire on top, sort of speak, or maybe it would get other schools wanting his services and maybe he'll take those schools up on their offers?!

As long as their is a chance for a positive result hoping for positive results, I'll keep hoping for positive results.

How is shooting for negative results working for you personally?!

Say what you will about Dickie V, but he knows college basketball.

He used to know the game about 25 years ago. Now he just offers outlandish praise for every coach and player while waiting for the right moment to spew one of his tired catch-phrases.

Anyone catch Sid last nite on The Sports Show?

Sid said Tubby isn't going anywhere. All the other teams lose road games too. The Big Ten is a tough league.

Here's today's Sports Hero, Martina Navaratarala...
Here's today's Sports Hero, Marina Navratttalava...
Here's today's Sports Hero, Martrina Navaraatatalova...

Sid, is that you?

Here's today's Sports Hero, Martina Navaratarala...
Here's today's Sports Hero, Marina Navratttalava...
Here's today's Sports Hero, Martrina Navaraatatalova...

Sid seems to have more temper tantrums as the weeks go by.

Here's mine
$(KGrHqNHJCME9ubOoDP0BPl21IN5c!~~60_35.JPG

Top Bottom