Devante Fudge

3 Star RB with offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Texas AM, Georgia Tech, and a few others.

If we land this guy, those new jerseys better have names on the back of them.

Kuato Lives! said:
3 Star RB with offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Texas AM, Georgia Tech, and a few others.

Where do you see that information?

Where do you see that information?

I second that. Only info I could find of him is on his scout page, which doesn't have a photo or any star ranking for him. Could somebody provide a link to some more info on him? (PS - I'm not saying he doesn't have those offers or anybody here is wrong, just looking for info)

EDIT - Welcome aboard Devante!

Devante Fudge may go down as one of the most "under the radar" recruits to ever contribute to the Maroon & Gold. Besides the YouTube and some casual mentions of him on the recruiting sites, there is nothing.

Watching the YouTube (thanks Highwayman), he's got good balance, is powerful and knows where the end-zone is. His speed and quickness look about average, but it's always hard to tell with these clips as you don't know the level of competition.

Here's to a great career at the U; Devante "under the radar" Fudge!!

More than anything in the world, I want this young man to break off a 50-yard run in a couple of years, bowl over three or four defenders on his way to the end zone, have the Cannon Man fire off a shot, followed by a clip on the scoreboard of Ralphie from a Christmas Story saying, "Ohhhh Fudge!"

More than anything in the world, I want this young man to break off a 50-yard run in a couple of years, bowl over three or four defenders on his way to the end zone, have the Cannon Man fire off a shot, followed by a clip on the scoreboard of Ralphie from a Christmas Story saying, "Ohhhh Fudge!"

+1 Good one. It brighten my morning coffee.

I was hoping to find out from this thread whether Fudge's game was vanilla, but you just keep me hanging on.

YES!

Is this kid on scholarship?

I would have obviously guessed that he was a pwo because he's from Florida but Kill has done a nice job of recruiting guys to walk-on from outside of our area (Wr from Ohio, Trucilla (PA), Schultz (MI)).

Also that Augustine Pupoungatoa looks pretty athletic. I couldn't believe he said he was playing OL when they showed him during that video, but I saw a couple sites that have him listed at 6'5" 255 lbs, so he'd definitely be a project. But his tape looked pretty impressive (besides weight).

I would have obviously guessed that he was a pwo because he's from Florida but Kill has done a nice job of recruiting guys to walk-on from outside of our area (Wr from Ohio, Trucilla (PA), Schultz (MI)).

Also that Augustine Pupoungatoa looks pretty athletic. I couldn't believe he said he was playing OL when they showed him during that video, but I saw a couple sites that have him listed at 6'5" 255 lbs, so he'd definitely be a project. But his tape looked pretty impressive (besides weight).

I snooped a bit online for Pupoungatoa info, he was a 165' discus thrower, 4th in the state right under the Natter kid going to Nebraska. Also assuming he has a brother who's a 56' shotputter as a junior, not shabby. He must project out much bigger off camera because he looks like a WR in the moving in video.

I snooped a bit online for Pupoungatoa info, he was a 165' discus thrower, 4th in the state right under the Natter kid going to Nebraska. Also assuming he has a brother who's a 56' shotputter as a junior, not shabby. He must project out much bigger off camera because he looks like a WR in the moving in video.

"River Falls junior lineman Tiano Pupungatoa (6-5, 245) received his first offer from Army" (May, 2012)
http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=23343&sportID=3

Maybe brother U?

On May 25th, his training facility wrote on Facebook: "Breaking News!!! Devante Fudge is going to University of Minnesota as a Tail Back!"

Looks like a very late addition.

On May 25th, his training facility wrote on Facebook: "Breaking News!!! Devante Fudge is going to University of Minnesota as a Tail Back!"

Looks like a very late addition.

I wonder if this has to do with Mitchell leaving, Hinojosa situation, or if he is a walk-on. . .

Who is this guy? Walk-on or scholarship?

I wonder if this has to do with Mitchell leaving, Hinojosa situation, or if he is a walk-on. . .

I wonder if any of this matters since he's enrolled in school and he's a part of the football program...

I wonder if any of this matters since he's enrolled in school and he's a part of the football program...

It matters if you are interested in knowing how many schollies MN has to give to the coming class.

Generally schools make press releases when someone has signed a scholly even if they're spring recruits.

It matters if you are interested in knowing how many schollies MN has to give to the coming class.

Exactly. It's also matters if you are interested in if the coaches thought enough of the player to give them a scholarship.

Top Bottom