Defend Your Program!

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
Hello all:
This is a thread for those of us who are sick of all the negativity surrounding Gopher football AND want to do something about it.

I for one think the Gophers are on the verge of a resurgence. I believe that Jerry Kill will bring this program back to at least respectability. As a diehard fan, it is my duty to bring others in to the Gopher family. For those of you sick of negative press surrounding the program, I say "get off your asses and do something about it!"

On 8-30 I will host a fantasy football draft party culminating in a viewing party for the Gophers vs. UNLV. Some attending are casual Gopher fans but most attending are not. My goal is to create new fans. Many of them are passionate about the NFL and the Vikes despite their hor$e$hit season last year and their crappy QB this year ( I said it ). As such there is no reason they can't become Gopher fans.

I ask that we all do our part. If we, the faithful, cannot expand our ranks then who can?

PS I will also be fighting for the band to march down University.

Fellow rubes, how will you do your part to help the resurgence of Gopher football?

As diehard Gopher fans, we have an obligation to spread the gospel of Maroon and Gold.

Tubtastic Out!

Why would they jump from the Vikings after a horseshit season to the Gophers after a horse*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# season? Why is being a fan of both teams mutually exclusive anyway?

That said, the best way to cultivate new fans is to show them a good time.

Where & what time is the party, sounds like a blast?! I'll bring the Spinach/Avocado dip.

Hello all:
This is a thread for those of us who are sick of all the negativity surrounding Gopher football AND want to do something about it.

I for one think the Gophers are on the verge of a resurgence. I believe that Jerry Kill will bring this program back to at least respectability. As a diehard fan, it is my duty to bring others in to the Gopher family. For those of you sick of negative press surrounding the program, I say "get off your asses and do something about it!"

On 8-30 I will host a fantasy football draft party culminating in a viewing party for the Gophers vs. UNLV. Some attending are casual Gopher fans but most attending are not. My goal is to create new fans. Many of them are passionate about the NFL and the Vikes despite their hor$e$hit season last year and their crappy QB this year ( I said it ). As such there is no reason they can't become Gopher fans.

I ask that we all do our part. If we, the faithful, cannot expand our ranks then who can?

PS I will also be fighting for the band to march down University.

Fellow rubes, how will you do your part to help the resurgence of Gopher football?

As diehard Gopher fans, we have an obligation to spread the gospel of Maroon and Gold.

Tubtastic Out!

I'd love to be there, but its a 1200 mile drive. I do get to at least one game a season.

Personally, I never understood why the folks who are regular gopherholers cant organize a big mega-tailgate. Doesn't have to be in the super expensive lots and certainly not everyone has to be a part of it - but it can be a place we all stop by at some point before the game. Or some people park somewhere else, but bring their tailgating gear and party expertise and add to the fun.

Those of us who are expert t-shirt makers can design a shirt - and the proceeds go towards funding the whole thing (at least to start off). If it turns out to be really fun, I can see many of us migrating our tailgating spots to be closer to the action. This is how sh*t like the Grove at Ole Miss gets started.

If folks in the area see that there is a growing group of folks who are having an especially raucous time, they will want to be a part of it. Eventually making the Gopherhole tailgate lot the place to be before games. We've discovered that the powers at the U wont ever nickname a stadium, or student section "The Gopherhole" so why cant we take over a tailgate lot and call it that?

Then we can all be hipsters about it and say that we were a part of the Gopherhole before it became mainstream (i have a feeling my man Gophergrad is down with that). But by then the damage will be done and there will be at least an ounce of culture to the Minnesota tailgating atmosphere. We are the ones who are fans win or lose, and have proven to ourselves and each other that we can have fun at gopher games, win or lose - season after heartbreaking season. Who else will start the party atmosphere if not us?

I realize I sound like James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams - you know, "People will most definitely come, Ray!". I also realize that too many of you love the fact that this is anonymous and you never have to meet any of the rest of us in person. So maybe I should just stop dreaming.

My point is that we can all defend the program. Cheers to those who bring in others. I'm doing my part.

As a side note, my father-in-law saw the POS article on TCF bank not selling enough tix to students and how TCF Bank has " failed". He suggested that The U should give tix away to the student for free. I responded by asking him if the Timberwolves, Vikings, or even the Twins gave away free tickets this past yeR when their ticket sales were down. Of course they didnt. Yet the Gophers should do so? He understood my point.

Go gophers.

Tubtastic said:
My point is that we can all defend the program. Cheers to those who bring in others. I'm doing my part.

As a side note, my father-in-law saw the POS article on TCF bank not selling enough tix to students and how TCF Bank has " failed". He suggested that The U should give tix away to the student for free. I responded by asking him if the Timberwolves, Vikings, or even the Twins gave away free tickets this past yeR when their ticket sales were down. Of course they didnt. Yet the Gophers should do so? He understood my point.

Go gophers.

Timberwolves gave away free tickets a few times.

Yeah, I had some free tickets from the Wolves. Actually I had two tickets I left on my cars dashboard while at work. I came out after my shift to find my window broken and four tickets on the dash. Man, that sucked.

Yeah, I had some free tickets from the Wolves. Actually I had two tickets I left on my cars dashboard while at work. I came out after my shift to find my window broken and four tickets on the dash. Man, that sucked.

That's tough...sorry to hear it. And most insurance policies written in the state have an exclusion on that coverage.

You have to get in the wheelhouse of those who don't follow or think of the Gophers. I started two-three weeks ago by saying: "You have a Golden Gopher Day" I say it at the bank, gas station, super market, etc. Most people smile and say thankyou! At chuch this Sunday I will say:" It is a God loving Golden Gopher Day"

You have to get in the wheelhouse of those who don't follow or think of the Gophers. I started two-three weeks ago by saying: "You have a Golden Gopher Day" I say it at the bank, gas station, super market, etc. Most people smile and say thankyou! At chuch this Sunday I will say:" It is a God loving Golden Gopher Day"

Are you 95 years old? This sounds like an old person thing that everyone laughs at once you leave.

Are you 95 years old? This sounds like an old person thing that everyone laughs at once you leave.

Nope, but my heart is with the Gophers while I guess yours is with the Twins and Vikings according to your other text. And by the way Ski U Master ,I did that greeting to a knockout college gal at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago and she thought it was totally cool. Don't be so quick to judge my good man.

And by the way Ski U Master ,I did that greeting to a knockout college gal at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago and she thought it was totally cool.

This is--by far--the neatest thing I have heard in a long time. The neatness is just overwhelming.

I will continue to go to 8-9 games a year....as I have done....and my father has done....and as his father has done.....since 1969.

Looks like grandpa started a few years late :(

Nope, but my heart is with the Gophers while I guess yours is with the Twins and Vikings according to your other text. And by the way Ski U Master ,I did that greeting to a knockout college gal at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago and she thought it was totally cool. Don't be so quick to judge my good man.[/QUOTE

Try this on a few coeds: Ski-U-Me? In the state of Mn you may get a "you betcha!".

Top Bottom