Decker + Manning =

dalostpinoy

Reaction score
Touchdowns

just how many is the question. 14-15 is my guess and should be his best year by far if he stays healthy...

on another thought, Adam Weber will(should) make this years roster as well with Orton in big D . Broncos should be a fun team to watch. will be rooting for them this year for sure...

But accodring to ESPN Decker isn't that good. Everytime they talk about the Denver receiving corps you hear: "Who's he gonna throw it to?! Eric Decker?!?!?!"

"Who's he gonna throw it to?! Eric Decker?!?!?!"

haha espn. even without Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd, with the addition of Peyton. Decker now is the go-to guy. Maybe this is why Peyton chose Denver??? :p
cant wait to hear "the U" mentioned again and again on MNF and other big games

zambam said:
But accodring to ESPN Decker isn't that good. Everytime they talk about the Denver receiving corps you hear: "Who's he gonna throw it to?! Eric Decker?!?!?!"
Actually the one that always complains about Decker having no skills is Skip Bayless. Manning makes Denver an AFC favorite and Manning already commented on how much he likes Decker.

Touchdowns

just how many is the question. 14-15 is my guess and should be his best year by far if he stays healthy...

on another thought, Adam Weber will(should) make this years roster as well with Orton in big D . Broncos should be a fun team to watch. will be rooting for them this year for sure...

Orton was released last season with a few games left. Kansas City Chiefs signed him and he started their last couple of games.

Actually the one that always complains about Decker having no skills is Skip Bayless. Manning makes Denver an AFC favorite and Manning already commented on how much he likes Decker.
I heard it a lot today on ESPN from people other than Bayless.

I heard on espn radio last week that Peyton was actually pushing the Colts to get Decker as a steal in the late rounds but he ended getting picked up before they could get him.

and they got NDSU's Joe Mays ILB re-signed for $12 mill over 3 years. congrats to him and denver, should be exciting to watch them even though elway threw tebow under the bus.

decker + manning = one of the greatest steals in your fantasy draft this season. im keeping him this year and I already have trade offers.

I think Decker and Thomas make a pretty good young duo at WR. I actually thought that before Manning arrived. I am obviously a Decker rube, but Thomas is also really good. Once he got healthy last season, he put up nice numbers, even with Tebow.

Ah, the TV version of an online troll. What a quality addition he is to any lineup.

I heard it a lot today on ESPN from people other than Bayless.

When Cowherd talks about Manning's prospects in Denver, he almost EXCLUSIVELY mentions Decker as being a great young receiver, one that Manning will really connect with.

Awesome that Weber will have Manning mentoring him for a few short years. I still think Denver brings in a veteran clipboard holder for a backup, keeping Weber at 3rd string, but it's still a great situation.

When Cowherd talks about Manning's prospects in Denver, he almost EXCLUSIVELY mentions Decker as being a great young receiver, one that Manning will really connect with.

Awesome that Weber will have Manning mentoring him for a few short years. I still think Denver brings in a veteran clipboard holder for a backup, keeping Weber at 3rd string, but it's still a great situation.

I don't think Peyton Manning does much mentoring. Look at the young QBs that have been his back ups. None of them have amounted to anything in the NFL. What Peyton does is so dependent on his mental prowess and knowledge that there isn't much to learn if they don't have the same capability. You've got to see the game the way Peyton Manning sees it to really benefit and not many other players see the game the way Peyton Manning sees it. In other words, I don't think it can be taught. You either have it or you don't. 99% of the QBs to ever play the game don't have it.

He only had 600 yards last year, but he scored 8 receiving TDs. His production trailed off dramatically once Tebow took over. If he stays healthy (and so does Manning), there's a good chance at 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

I don't think Peyton Manning does much mentoring. Look at the young QBs that have been his back ups. None of them have amounted to anything in the NFL. What Peyton does is so dependent on his mental prowess and knowledge that there isn't much to learn if they don't have the same capability. You've got to see the game the way Peyton Manning sees it to really benefit and not many other players see the game the way Peyton Manning sees it. In other words, I don't think it can be taught. You either have it or you don't. 99% of the QBs to ever play the game don't have it.
That is a great a post. I agree 100%

I agree with your assessment on the apparent lack of mentoring on the part of Peyton prior to his neck surgeries. But I do think he was trying to mentor some last season. The Colts never really prioritized the QB backup position and never had a legimate backup for the last few years in my memory-- maybe I am wrong.
Adam Weber worked at Peyton Manning's football camps in the summer one or two times while he was a Gopher. Peyton already knows him and likes him as a person. I also think that Weber will be the 3rd string Bronco QB this season. This is a great oppurtunity for Adam.
Eric Decker was the best WR I have ever watched play Gopher football. He will be terrific this year with Peyton Manning looking for him. Peyton will gain confidence throwing to him even when it looks like he may be covered. Decker almost always runs precise patterns, makes the proper reads, and has the athleticism and strength to pull down fade touchdown passes in the end zone.

Skip has clearly changed his tone then because to talk up Tebow he talked down about Decker and the Denver receivers.

Eric Decker must feel like he won the lottery today. He should thrive with Manning throwing to him.

Skip has clearly changed his tone then because to talk up Tebow he talked down about Decker and the Denver receivers.

I think you misread that

Bayless downplayed the quality of Decker's play once again today, claiming he has bad hands, what a load.

I think you misread that

Bayless downplayed the quality of Decker's play once again today, claiming he has bad hands, what a load.
Yep I did, that's my fault. I often confuse those 2. Bayless downplaying Decker's ability just proves he knows nothing about what he's talking about.

Yep I did, that's my fault. I often confuse those 2. Bayless downplaying Decker's ability just proves he knows nothing about what he's talking about.

I don't know, he certainly showed his lack of hands with that TD catch vs. Cal :rolleyes:

It was all Weber!

I don't know, he certainly showed his lack of hands with that TD catch vs. Cal :rolleyes:

Without Weber's perfectly thrown passes nobody would have ever heard of Decker. Now Payton will make another slow white guy from Minnesota look good. At least that is what the story line will be from some.

I agree with your assessment on the apparent lack of mentoring on the part of Peyton prior to his neck surgeries. But I do think he was trying to mentor some last season. The Colts never really prioritized the QB backup position and never had a legimate backup for the last few years in my memory-- maybe I am wrong.
Adam Weber worked at Peyton Manning's football camps in the summer one or two times while he was a Gopher. Peyton already knows him and likes him as a person. I also think that Weber will be the 3rd string Bronco QB this season. This is a great oppurtunity for Adam.
Eric Decker was the best WR I have ever watched play Gopher football. He will be terrific this year with Peyton Manning looking for him. Peyton will gain confidence throwing to him even when it looks like he may be covered. Decker almost always runs precise patterns, makes the proper reads, and has the athleticism and strength to pull down fade touchdown passes in the end zone.

You're right that Peyton was attempting to mentor the Colts QBs last year but this year is an entirely different scenario. Peyton Manning is playing football this year. Last year he was a spectator. I don't see being Peyton Manning's backup as a great opportunity. In fact, I would almost go as far to say that if Adam Weber is successful in the NFL it wil be in spite of being Peyton Manning's backup. You're also right that the Colts didn't put any priority into their backup QBs. Neither have the Broncos. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Weber goes into the season as the #2 QB. He wouldn't even be the most decorated player to back up Peyton Manning. Some of Manning's backups were drafted (No, that is not a slight on Weber). So, if being Manning's backup in Indy wasn't a great opportunity because the Colts didn't prioritize backup QB, how can it be a great opportunity in Denver? Peyton Manning is meticulous in his preparation. He studies for hours on end, he's going to take every snap in practice until he feels comfortable he can pick the opponent apart. The backup QB is not going to see a snap once the season starts. As a reault of this any time one of Manning's backups have made it on to the field they look completely unprepared. Adam Weber is not going to become a better football player holding a clipboard all day everyday. Decker is going to benefit greatly from this opportunity. Adam Weber not so much.

As for the relationship Weber and Manning established at Manning summer camps. That has nothing to do with this scenario. I guarantee you Manning had a friendship with at least one of his former backups. That sure didn't matter for any of their careers.

Isn't Weber basically at the #2 spot on the depth chart now? With Tebow likely being traded and Brady Quinn signing with the Chiefs.

Isn't Weber basically at the #2 spot on the depth chart now? With Tebow likely being traded and Brady Quinn signing with the Chiefs.

essentially yes, but the Broncos will more than likely go out and sign another veteran QB to be the backup to Peyton.

If Denver wanted to trade Decker to the Vikes, it would not hurt my feelings any...I wanted the Vikes to draft him in the first place.

Eric Decker is living the absolute dream. He lives and plays in a beautiful city with a HUGE NFL following (they are like Packer Fans). His girlfriend Jesse James is a 10 and now he has Peyton Fricken Manning throwing him the ball. I want to be Eric Decker. I am not ashamed to say that.

Top Bottom