Decker injury

Gopherprof

Reaction score
I woke up late and missed Decker leaving the game. Seeing him on crutches is obviously not a good sign.

Any news? Done for the year?

I woke up late and missed Decker leaving the game. Seeing him on crutches is obviously not a good sign.

Any news? Done for the year?

it is hard to say. don't think anyone knows that right now. he twisted his ankle (landed awkwardly after coming down with a nice catch) it in the second quarter (i think) and came off to get it taped up again. he went back out there several plays later and tried to run a play, but wasn't really able to cut on it. my hope is that fact that we was even able to go back out there to try and run another play is a good sign in terms of the severity of it. they shut him down during half-time.

hoping the crutches and the walking boot were just precautionary (i.e. antoine winfield esque).

It looked like his foot to me when they were checking it out--testing his arch, so hopefully it is not serious. But, IMO, in the first half, without Decker, the offense looked like it opened up a little, Weber made some better reads, but that all fell apart in the second half.

Yea I would agree with Wiscy.. I've got a podiatrist in the family and he was pretty certain that it looked like a broken foot from the way he looked on the play when he tried to go back in. Of course its just a view from the TV but I assume he has more knowledge than I do concerning foot/ankle injuries. Hopefully he is wrong!

you are right. thinking back it did look like it was his foot and not his ankle. my bad on the recollection.

Bronko, No need to apologize to anyone! You are accurate more than 90% of the people on this board.

They were working on the top of his foot, my first thought was that a bone was broken as well. Fingers crossed....

Bronko, No need to apologize to anyone! You are accurate more than 90% of the people on this board.

ha! don't give me too much credit. like most folks, i just like to think that i am always right! btw - you wouldn't mind starting a new thread with this as the title would you?! just playin'! ;)

Brewster said sprained foot on the postgame...mentioned Decker should be fine. That said, who really knows on these things...could be a few weeks. Yikes.

He'll never be the same again even with a couple of games rested! What's sad is now he went from possibly a 1st round draft to possibly 5th or 6th or even undrafted agent signed after the draft!

He'll be known as "injury proned"

This blows because MN Gophers (ie Adam Weber) way over used him, relied on him, and expected of him WAY TOO MUCH!

This is certainly going to hurt his stock, but he's not going to go undrafted. Assuming he can run even in the 4.5 range, some team will take him in the 4th or 5th round. Assuming it's not a serious injury he should be fine in the 2nd or 3rd.

He'll never be the same again even with a couple of games rested! What's sad is now he went from possibly a 1st round draft to possibly 5th or 6th or even undrafted agent signed after the draft!

He'll be known as "injury proned"

This blows because MN Gophers (ie Adam Weber) way over used him, relied on him, and expected of him WAY TOO MUCH!

I'm not sure how sarcastic or not you were being in that statement but if it Deckers' injury is anything like last year than may god help us because we all know what happened.

He'll never be the same again even with a couple of games rested! What's sad is now he went from possibly a 1st round draft to possibly 5th or 6th or even undrafted agent signed after the draft! He'll be known as "injury proned"

whoa there nelly! that is quite a prediction to make based on what is hopefully just a bad sprain.

I hope I'll be wrong, but don't you guys notice during games...this poor guy is always limping around even when he's not hurt?! He's a great student, player, mentor, and role model, but he's over used like he is our only play maker on the team or something! Give other kids a chance!

Green fell off the face of the earth all year, now that he's injured, we heard some new names called (ie back up tight end)!

Looking at him at the sidelines today on TV with he's head down....I think he's down not only because of the team loss, but also he's thinking to him self..."god, not this sh#t again!"

Any of us that has played football knows, a sprained ankle doesn't just go away, it is very easily to be reinjured.

(sigh)

Any of us that has played football knows, a sprained ankle doesn't just go away, it is very easily to be reinjured.

(sigh)

Some ankle sprains can be played on, but an injured foot is much harder (maybe impossible) to play on.

I hope I'll be wrong, but don't you guys notice during games...this poor guy is always limping around even when he's not hurt?! He's a great student, player, mentor, and role model, but he's over used like he is our only play maker on the team or something! Give other kids a chance!

Green fell off the face of the earth all year, now that he's injured, we heard some new names called (ie back up tight end)!

Looking at him at the sidelines today on TV with he's head down....I think he's down not only because of the team loss, but also he's thinking to him self..."god, not this sh#t again!"

(sigh)

Green has made numerous big catches this season. He has been quiet the last few games, but that is what happens when Weber throws for 150 yards a game...

What was Decker's injury last year in the NW game? Didn't he have a foot injury then, as well? If yes, is it the same one?

What was Decker's injury last year in the NW game? Didn't he have a foot injury then, as well? If yes, is it the same one?

It was a severly sprained ankle, not sure if it is the same foot. i do know that he wasn't the same after it happened. Two things will either happen: he'll play hurt because it is his senior year OR he'll rehab it until he can play on it without hurting it because come April he is 1st/2nd round pick.

It's very unlikely that Decker is a first round pick unless he really amazes people at the combine, this is the general consensus among people that follow the draft, he's just not fast enough.

That said, as much as I love Decker and appreciate his efforts, I don't want to see him come back and risk further injury. Play if you can, but risking your future over what crappy bowl we go to isn't worth it IMO.

It's very unlikely that Decker is a first round pick unless he really amazes people at the combine, this is the general consensus among people that follow the draft, he's just not fast enough.

That said, as much as I love Decker and appreciate his efforts, I don't want to see him come back and risk further injury. Play if you can, but risking your future over what crappy bowl we go to isn't worth it IMO.

Really? You must not be one of those guys because just this last week ESPN said he was a first rounder... BTW, same foot/ankle.

Really? You must not be one of those guys because just this last week ESPN said he was a first rounder... BTW, same foot/ankle.
Who? I've seen that Kiper is much higher on him that most. I think that's an outlier. Again, it comes down to speed. This draft is going to be much stronger because more juniors are likely to declare with the CBA up in the air. I think Decker needs to keep it around a 4.5 forty at the combine. Hakeem Nicks is an exception to the rule.

"He'll never be the same again even with a couple of games rested! What's sad is now he went from possibly a 1st round draft to possibly 5th or 6th or even undrafted agent signed after the draft! He'll be known as "injury proned".This blows because MN Gophers (ie Adam Weber) way over used him, relied on him, and expected of him WAY TOO MUCH!"

Amateur day on the forums, my favorite.

Top Bottom