Dear Jay Sawvel

John Galt

Reaction score
You are a kick a$$ defensive coordinator. Our secondary over the past 6 years was the best I have seen in my lifetime of Gopher football. Gopher Nation would love to have you stay on. You are not only a great football coach, but you represent our school and state with class.

What Kaler and Coyle did to Tracy and the rest of the staff was an embarrassment. Chances are they will not be in their current positions for more than a few years. If you stay, you will get a fresh start with a new AD and President and will get the last laugh.

Sincerely,

John Galt

Agreed. Best Secondary coach we've ever had. Him and Claeys on defense were outstanding. Good luck, although I don't think you'll need it.

Hopefully the delay in getting PJF to agree was his demand that Sawvell comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a kick a$$ defensive coordinator. Our secondary over the past 6 years was the best I have seen in my lifetime of Gopher football. Gopher Nation would love to have you stay on. You are not only a great football coach, but you represent our school and state with class.

What Kaler and Coyle did to Tracy and the rest of the staff was an embarrassment. Chances are they will not be in their current positions for more than a few years. If you stay, you will get a fresh start with a new AD and President and will get the last laugh.

Sincerely,

John Galt

Well stated galt. Precisely what I told my badger buddy today regarding the defense.

Sincerely,

John Galt

+1,000,000

I doubt Coyle or Kaler allows Fleck to even entertain this thought

Hopefully the delay in getting PJF to agree was his demand that Sawvell comes back.

Thinking back about the player boycott and the interviews that Jay Sawvell conducted, he has no shot of being hired back after being fired. He was one of the most vocal about supporting the players during the boycott. Kaler and and Coyle will take that as that Sawvell spoke out against them. That means there is zero chance that he is brought in. I don't have a lot of hope for coach Sherels either even though he has stayed on during the transition, he was with the players during the boycott media announcement. Really I doubt more than 1 from the previous staff even has a chance to get a job.

Thinking back about the player boycott and the interviews that Jay Sawvell conducted, he has no shot of being hired back after being fired. He was one of the most vocal about supporting the players during the boycott. Kaler and and Coyle will take that as that Sawvell spoke out against them. That means there is zero chance that he is brought in. I don't have a lot of hope for coach Sherels either even though he has stayed on during the transition, he was with the players during the boycott media announcement. Really I doubt more than 1 from the previous staff even has a chance to get a job.

A guy can dream tho, right? In addition to being a great coach, JS was our best recruiter.

Any insider information about the relationship between Claeys and Sawvel.

I heard rumors (before the firing) that Sawvel was looking around.

Any insider information about the relationship between Claeys and Sawvel.

I heard rumors (before the firing) that Sawvel was looking around.

The rumor is Sawvel likes Minnesota and doesn't want to move his family. He may be willing to stay on as DC.

Would he be willing to stay on as DB coach?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The rumor is Sawvel likes Minnesota and doesn't want to move his family. He may be willing to stay on as DC.

So it's more of a Fleck question then. Looks like he plucked the WMich DC from Rutgers in 2013?

Sincerely,

John Galt

Be careful in heaping too much praise. Don't overlook the fact that 3 of the original 4 suspended players were part of the vaunted secondary. Glad he brought in all the high character guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was right on the front line defending the 10 0% chance he's kept.

Team Sawvel. Team Sherels. Hope they find a way to keep them.

Be careful in heaping too much praise. Don't overlook the fact that 3 of the original 4 suspended players were part of the vaunted secondary. Glad he brought in all the high character guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D-bag post.

Be careful? Why? What will happen? Oh yes, by all means be careful, he recruited those heathens. He must be terrible.

If you keep a guy I say Sherels.

I feel like with the whole incident if we're gonna change coaches... be done with that whole thing and not stay connected to it, Sawvel was.

Anyway Sherels was singled out by Coyle to hang with the team during the coaching hunt, that might be a good sign.

Sherels should just be a Gopher institution, they just keep sending family members here as each moves on.

Unfortunately that defense still gave up an average of 33 points per game to the Badgers.[/QUOTE

Other than having MC personally bring in an entire new coaching staff and 110 new players, is there any way for you to write a remotely positive opinion on this team?

If you keep a guy I say Sherels.

I feel like with the whole incident if we're gonna change coaches... be done with that whole thing and not stay connected to it, Sawvel was.

Anyway Sherels was singled out by Coyle to hang with the team during the coaching hunt, that might be a good sign.

Sherels should just be a Gopher institution, they just keep sending family members here as each moves on.

Agree on Sherels as well. Good thing we don't have to pick just 1.

Did Sawvel and Fleck coach together at Northern Illinois?

Agree on Sherels as well. Good thing we don't have to pick just 1.

Coyle might have already, he picked Dan O'Brien and Mike Sherels to stay during the transition.

If anyone stay's it is Dan O'Brien and Mike Sherels. Maybe Dan goes back to the department if there isn't a coaching spot.

Unfortunately that defense still gave up an average of 33 points per game to the Badgers.[/QUOTE

Other than having MC personally bring in an entire new coaching staff and 110 new players, is there any way for you to write a remotely positive opinion on this team?

I have plenty of positive posts. Maybe you missed me calling the defensive coaching and play brilliant after the bowl game. I've had plenty of praise for Claeys as a defensive coordinator. BarnBurner mentioned his badger buddy and that was the one team this defense always struggled with. Frustrating.

Top Bottom