dear air force fans

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
I told you so. I knew we would win

Take your gimmicky dog Reusses offense and get out of our city. We were bigger, faster, stronger, and better

You are fools and your team isn't very good. Congratulations on staying in it and doing better than I thought

Thank you for serving our country but please refrain from talking smack when your team isn't any good. Awful game by us and we still won. By the way most of your kind that I met were arrogant asses

hey maybe you should tell them how you really feel next time lol lol

I told you so. I knew we would win

Take your gimmicky dog Reusses offense and get out of our city. We were bigger, faster, stronger, and better

You are fools and your team isn't very good. Congratulations on staying in it and doing better than I thought

Thank you for serving our country but please refrain from talking smack when your team isn't any good. Awful game by us and we still won. By the way most of your kind that I met were arrogant asses

wow....really? were the people you ran into really that bad. or perhaps your post is more "tounge in cheek" than i can tell via a message board, but perhaps we should try to accept victory graciously and take defeat without bitterness. just sayin'

They talked so much trash pregame. And at the game. So happy we won after how they acted.

I'm happy we got to beat a cupcake but very disappointed in how we played and that we only won by 7

I tried thanking a couple AFA fans for coming and telling them good game afterwards and they blew me off. I hope that's not representative of the full AFA fan base.

We had a great time with AFA fans in lot S108 on the St. Paul campus. Every fan that I met was gracious and willing to give and take a little smack talk, but all in good fun.

Sorry you all hate them so much, but I did not share your experience.

you think the afa fans were bad i was at the Syracuse game and there fans threatened to gut me !!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm not joking they threw beer on my wife and i Syracuse fans were NASTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AF fans we ran into were great! Sorry your experience with them was bad. Every team has bitter fans---thankfully I didnt run into them during this game.

Win with Class, No Matter What

I found this post to be out of line. It sounded like it was written by a 12 year-old who'd gotten picked on by some AF fans. Most Gopher fans I know would welcome this opponent and its fans to our fair city and new digs. I hope we rose above the level of sportsmanship suggested by this particular post(er).

I found this post to be out of line. It sounded like it was written by a 12 year-old who'd gotten picked on by some AF fans. Most Gopher fans I know would welcome this opponent and its fans to our fair city and new digs. I hope we rose above the level of sportsmanship suggested by this particular post(er).

This ^^^

the AFA fans we ran into were friendly, polite, and thanked us for being such nice hosts...I'd love to have them come back in a couple years.

When AFA scored a TD, cheese slices were thrown around the stadium by AFA fans. I don't know, throwing things in full stadium didn't seem so classy.

That was what they were throwing? I thought they were throwing pieces of cardboard. Throwing cheese is just weird.

Dear AFA fans:

Sorry for all our jackass Gopher fans who booed your team when they came out at the beginning of the game. Not as bad as Rutgers from a few years back, but definitely classless.

When AFA scored a TD, cheese slices were thrown around the stadium by AFA fans. I don't know, throwing things in full stadium didn't seem so classy.

Tell me this didn't really happen. Even Wisconsin fans don't come to Minneapolis and throw cheese around the stadium...

Didn't boo them running out the tunnel, but after dealing with their horrible fans, wish I would've.

Dear MNCH, booing the team has nothing to do with the Academy as a whole. Chill out, they don't need our pity. You can still have plenty of respect for the AFA without liking their fans or football team. Get over it.

Didn't boo them running out the tunnel, but after dealing with their horrible fans, wish I would've.

Dear MNCH, booing the team has nothing to do with the Academy as a whole. Chill out, they don't need our pity. You can still have plenty of respect for the AFA without liking their fans or football team. Get over it.

You are booing the same individuals who are marching at your Memorial Day parade. Grow up Tubbytown and try to think about life other than sports for two seconds out of your day.

You are booing the same individuals who are marching at your Memorial Day parade. Grow up Tubbytown and try to think about life other than sports for two seconds out of your day.

Cry about it. It's not like booing them as individuals, it's football. Like I said, I didn't boo them, in fact, I cheered. But that's beside the point....you are getting too worked up about it. They are in TCF to play football. They are our opponent. If people like to boo them, that is totally fine by me because you and I both know that no one is booing with the intent to downplay what they do for our country.

Do you read your own posts? You didn't boo the team but feel you should have b/c of the fans. Yet you can respect the Academy (and the team) without liking their fans. That would seem to be a contradiction in logic.

Something tells me more then one opposing fan hates the Gophers more than they did before if you actually act like this out in the real world.

Do you read your own posts? You didn't boo the team but feel you should have b/c of the fans. Yet you can respect the Academy (and the team) without liking their fans. That would seem to be a contradiction in logic.

Something tells me more then one opposing fan hates the Gophers more than they did before if you actually act like this out in the real world.

Do you have any reading comprehension skills? I never said I should have, but I said it wouldn't have been far from justifiable if I had choose to do so. You can absolutely respect the academy without liking their fans, how can you argue anything else? So if an opposing fan doesn't like you, that means they have zero respect for the Gophers? Get real.

Something tells me people like you need to loosen up and enjoy life a little bit. You take Reusse way too seriously.

Do you have any reading comprehension skills? I never said I should have, but I said it wouldn't have been far from justifiable if I had choose to do so. You can absolutely respect the academy without liking their fans, how can you argue anything else? So if an opposing fan doesn't like you, that means they have zero respect for the Gophers? Get real.

Something tells me people like you need to loosen up and enjoy life a little bit. You take Reusse way too seriously.

Good lord...Read the bold. How does "it wouldn't have been far from justifiable" equal respect? You can't have it both ways Tubby. You said that b/c of the AFA fans you "wish you would have" boo'd (i.e. disrespected) the AFA players, something that you think wouldn't have been far out of line. How does that fit with your logic of dislike the fans and respect the academy/team? Seems to me like you are saying you wish you had disrespected both just because you didn't like their fans.

As for reading comprehension...Nowhere in my post do I say you have to respect both the fans and the academy. I was simply pointing out that you want to have it both ways with your logic.

And I stand by my other assertion. Given how annoyed you got about other fans acting like Reusse, you sure seem excited to display the same fabulous people skills as those you despise.

Good lord...Read the bold. How does "it wouldn't have been far from justifiable" equal respect? You can't have it both ways Tubby. You said that b/c of the AFA fans you "wish you would have" boo'd (i.e. disrespected) the AFA players, something that you think wouldn't have been far out of line. How does that fit with your logic of dislike the fans and respect the academy/team? Seems to me like you are saying you wish you had disrespected both just because you didn't like their fans.

As for reading comprehension...Nowhere in my post do I say you have to respect both the fans and the academy. I was simply pointing out that you want to have it both ways with your logic.

And I stand by my other assertion. Given how annoyed you got about other fans acting like Reusse, you sure seem excited to display the same fabulous people skills as those you despise.[/QUOTE

Simply getting in return what they asked for. There you go again combining the team and academy together to try to guilt trip me. I do understand that academy members make up the team and such, but to say that their fans, players, and school are all one is a little ludicrous of you.

The AF fans I encountered were great to talk to although they did seem strangely confident about AF winning. I wish we were still playing them out there in a couple years. AF is a great opponent all the way around for our program. I wish all visiting fans acted like the AF fans.

Simply getting in return what they asked for. There you go again combining the team and academy together to try to guilt trip me. I do understand that academy members make up the team and such, but to say that their fans, players, and school are all one is a little ludicrous of you.

Can you actually point out where I just conflated the fans and academy? Please try. I want to see the specific line where I make this point. Perhaps it is right next to the line where I talk about the magical flying pony I saw during the third quarter.

If you boo the team, you aren't giving the bad fans a taste of their own medicine. You are giving THE TEAM YOU ARE BOOING a taste of a bad fans medicine. Jeebus.

EDIT: I reread my post again and I suppose you could take the phrase "Seems to me like you are saying you wish you had disrespected both just because you didn't like their fans." as joining the two. Not my intention. What I should have said was "Seems to me like you are saying you wish you had disrespected the team just because you didn't like their fans." That was my point which I think I reiterated pretty clearly above. Its also something which you still haven't refuted.

I disagree. Every AFA fan I saw was classy. Every fan base has idiots but this is written like the 100% classy fans I ran into (and I ran into a lot of them) were ALL exceptions. I doubt it.

I always dislike posts that are written after a game to the fans of the opposing team...anyway, read this one.....can someone explain why they were throwing cheese? I guess I could see Wisconsin doing something like that, but what is the connection to the Air Force Academy and cheese?

I always dislike posts that are written after a game to the fans of the opposing team...anyway, read this one.....can someone explain why they were throwing cheese? I guess I could see Wisconsin doing something like that, but what is the connection to the Air Force Academy and cheese?

I didn't know it was cheese that they were throwing, but saw them all throwing it. I thought all the AF fans were classy when I saw them on the street and in the concourse, but I think throwing "stuff" around an opposing stadium is lame at best.

I saw it raining something over by 203, but had no idea what it was. Wonder what that was all about? Anyway, the few AF fans I met were much classier than the OP in this thread. They had nothing but nice things to say about our fans, stadium and team even in defeat.

I had a friend in sec. 203 was hit in the head by a piece of cheese from AF fans. He said there was cheese being thrown all over after their td. I tried to see if this was a tradition at AF and found one post out there stating that cadets pass around "spirit cheese" during games and sometimes it gets tossed around. I was ready to blame becky.

I tried thanking a couple AFA fans for coming and telling them good game afterwards and they blew me off. I hope that's not representative of the full AFA fan base.

Wow, I had the complete opposite, on the bus ride back to my dad's apartment, we chatted up with a chunk of Falcon fans, they were really polite, and very complimentary of our team, our stadium, our fans and our city.

Top Bottom