De’Niro Laster is transferring to be closer to home

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Gophers linebacker De’Niro Laster has left the university with plans to transfer to closer to his Ohio home, he said Thursday.

"I'm transferring home to be closer to my family, as we are going through a difficult family situation right now," Laster said in a text message. "I will miss all of my teammates and the fans dearly! I don't have a school picked right now, but I will have one in the upcoming week.

"I love Coach Kill, and I am thankful and honored for what we did there as a program. I wish the best to all my teammates and coaches!"

http://www.startribune.com/laster-t...sota-to-be-closer-to-his-ohio-home/305375751/

Go Gophers!!

Bummer. Wish him well. He nearly had some sacks last year playing end on third and long. I think some school in Ohio will be very happy.

Wish it would have worked out here but understand that he feels he needs to be closer to home and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Best of luck! Go play for Bo

Too bad. He was looking pretty good by the end of last year. Better get a JC LB this class.
We just lost our best name.

Sounds like a great kid and he showed some potential. Wish him all the best.

Major bummer. Dude was gonna be good here.

Too bad. Sorry to see him go but completely understand. Good luck to him!

I liked Laster & thought he would have been a real contributor as an upperclassmen. One of our main guys even. You could see in spring practices that last season wasn't a fluke. He looked very comfortable on the field. Still, it sounds like something is going on at home and he needs to be there. Sucks. I hope he gets enrolled somewhere else ASAP and doesn't lose his momentum. Good news is we have a log jam of LB's & it's an easy position to recruit from the Juco ranks (imo).

It's too bad. I wish him the best. He had all the makings of a very good Big 10 LBer. He would have helped the program.

However, we are fortunate that this happened at a position of strength and depth.

I wish him the very best in life. He is a good kid and a Jerry Kill type of player: Good head on his shoulders; works hard in the class room and in practice; is a team first player; never complaints.

Top Bottom