Darren Wolfson: Loving The Hoff

Nice edit doogie, but Sampson still has about 4 inches on Sims, and Sims and defense don't belong in the same sentence.

Agree with Doogie that Hoffarber having his shooting stroke is a key, as is Nolen. I think Al's been our MVP to this point, we know what we're going to get from him every night, but in the Big 10 he's gotta' be somewhat of a threat from the perimeter (scouting reports will dare him to shoot). More importantly, he must be able to finish at the rim and get to the free throw line.

The problem is that he just won't get those shots against Big Ten competition. I hope he can keep his percentage up but it will be hard to do against the defenses he is going to be seeing. The post players will probably not be seeing a double down as much, I hope they can take advantage of that in conference play. It definately makes the team harder to defend when he is hitting shots.

The problem is that he just won't get those shots against Big Ten competition.

Why do people keep saying this? He got them two years ago and shot well. He got them last year, but shot terribly all season. He's always gotten shots. The question is, will he make them? So far this year is very promising.

The good news is he contributes to positively on the floor in many ways. He is a solid player all-around (even though many here fail to see that). But to really be a weapon that helps the team, he needs to make outside shots along with his other strengths.

I've said all along we need Hoff and Devoe to make outside shots consistently. That changes the entire complexion of the team. When they shoot well, we can play with most anybody. When they don't, we lose to Portland.

Wow...after what Blake did tonight, this thread or something praising him needs to be on top of the board...Congrats on the new record!!!

Seriously - Doogie, you must be a psychic - did you see this coming?

Congrats to The Hoff, amazing performance, and not just with 3's - but an all around fantastic performance!

Hoffarber tied the school record, shared by Terrence Simmons, Lawrence McKenzie and Devoe Joseph, with 11 minutes to go in the game. Shortly after the achievement was announced with 3 minutes to play, Smith put Hoffarber back in the game to try to break it.

Per the AP

He'll get plenty of shots like the ones he took tonight. Not open, and nothing but net.
Agreed. He had a couple that were wide-open, but 5-6 of them were either well behind the line, or with a guy with a hand in his face. Not just spot-shots, but a few dribble around and pull the trigger type too.

It is great to see Blake getting his stroke back. After a horrific big ten season last year, it seems that Tubby and the coaching staff have him going in the right direction with his shot. Keep that sweet stroke rolling Hoff!!

Top Bottom