Dan Patrick reports Big Ten had internal vote & by 12-2 margin, league members opted on not having a fall football season; Neb and Iowa voted to play

I will not be getting the COVID vaccine. Not a chance in hell
Then you should agree to not forcing others to pay for your medical treatments if you get sick. And also agree to pay for the medical treatment of those you transmit the virus too.

You can't have it both ways, you can't refuse to participate in prevention of the infection, but then expect others to save you when you get sick. If you really believe in accountability, you need to be responsible for the outcome of your actions.

This just in, despite B1G TEN and PAC-12 not playing, CBS and ESPN do not have to adjust any of the articles they were going to write or coverage they were going to provide. The SEC and ACC already have an under the table agreement to play in order to keep the myth going of SEC superiority.
What myth ?

Guys, I’m starting to think the season might not get cancelled.

Then you should agree to not forcing others to pay for your medical treatments if you get sick. And also agree to pay for the medical treatment of those you transmit the virus too.

You can't have it both ways, you can't refuse to participate in prevention of the infection, but then expect others to save you when you get sick. If you really believe in accountability, you need to be responsible for the outcome of your actions.

So everyone on here saying they would take a COVID vaccine, gets a flu shot every year right? From everything I've heard, a COVID vaccine will be most similar to that, if it actually happens.

I admire your persistence and (naturally) agree with your stance, but the anti-vaccine crowd is simply impervious to reason. You might as well attempt to explain something to a large rock.
But — of course — not a single one of these jackasses was ever anti-vax. Never once. Probably openly mocked those who actually were. Every one of their kids got MMR and the whole works, required to go to school.

Only now, when a virus is disgustingly hyper-partisan, do they suddenly have doubts about vaccines.

Liars. Cowards. I hope they make life hell for people who hold out. I’ll vote for that.

Last edited:

Absolutely correct.

Health insurance should be able to drop him and his family, on the spot. No coverage.

LOL what are the coaches possibly gonna say??? Come out against their own players??

Duh. No of course not.

That’s why presidents and boards get to make the decision, and be the grown ups in the room.

So everyone on here saying they would take a COVID vaccine, gets a flu shot every year right? From everything I've heard, a COVID vaccine will be most similar to that, if it actually happens.
Well you’re a moron, so no surprise you only “hear” moronic things.

LOL what are the coaches possibly gonna say??? Come out against their own players??

Duh. No of course not.

That’s why presidents and boards get to make the decision, and be the grown ups in the room.

Who do you think has more power at Alabama...Nick Saban, or whoever their President is?

Guys, I’m starting to think the season might not get cancelled.

The argument that the athletes would be safer in a more controlled situation is the one I'm holding out hope for as far as having a season. However, even if a season starts, I don't see it finishing. Young people wanting to party; a segment of society that refuses to listen to the simplest medical advice; and a frick'n idiot in charge with the attention span of a 7 year old? I don't like the chances.

If one or two teams get hit hard and can't play, or if a player or two gets seriously ill; it'll all collapse. Look at the influence the Indiana player's mother has had. No AD or college president is going to be wanting to face the heat of continuing to play after another one or two players are hospitalized.

The argument that the athletes would be safer in a more controlled situation is the one I'm holding out hope for as far as having a season. However, even if a season starts, I don't see it finishing. Young people wanting to party; a segment of society that refuses to listen to the simplest medical advice; and a frick'n idiot in charge with the attention span of a 7 year old? I don't like the chances.

If one or two teams get hit hard and can't play, or if a player or two gets seriously ill; it'll all collapse. Look at the influence the Indiana player's mother has had. No AD or college president is going to be wanting to face the heat of continuing to play after another one or two players are hospitalized.
maybe. Did the Indiana player catch it on campus or at home?

Who do you think has more power at Alabama...Nick Saban, or whoever their President is?
Very easily their president and board. They can fire Saban any time they want (so long as they’re prepared to pay the buyout or else prove cause).

Absolutely correct.

Health insurance should be able to drop him and his family, on the spot. No coverage.

can we do the same for smokers, obese people, and those that don’t wear seatbelts then also.

Good.

Covid will be a one year blip. We lost a year. March to next spring.

You’ll live. And you’ll be getting the vaccine. So will your family. They’ll live too.
Dink post of the year.
Where's covid going? Unless you're hinting that the fear will be gone on Nov 4?
Current coronavirus vaccines - 0
Most people dont take flu vaccines (kills tens of thousands annually, H1N1 still around)

What I gathered from you, can't have college football this year, can't have an election.
Just move it to 2021. You'll live, so will your family :)

That is a completely false analogy.
Everyone knows that life is not without risk.
The more intelligent among us calculate the risk and act accordingly.

Ok, I’ll bite - tell me about your calculated risk. Show me the numbers.

And again, what will change by Feb in your mind? I’m all ears.

Even if it's true at Alabama that Saban has more power than the President, it's not true at 10 out of the 14 schools in the SEC and certainly not in the B1G.

I do not get a flu shot

But — of course — not a single one of these jackasses was ever anti-vax. Never once. Probably openly mocked those who actually were. Every one of their kids got MMR and the whole works, required to go to school.

Only now, when a virus is disgustingly hyper-partisan, do they suddenly have doubts about vaccines.

Liars. Cowards. I hope they make life hell for people who hold out. I’ll vote for that.

Typically when a person becomes defensive and angry it means they have figured out that their arguments have fallen flat. Name calling and such is an act for the children. Let’s not do that. Again, I know your better than that. If people can’t disagree with you it seems like a really tough life for you. Do you listen to anyone else’s opinion? Have an open mind? Or are you simply correct on every topic?

I'm not expecting anyone to pay for my medical treatments should I come down with COVID. I'd be responsible, quarantine myself at home for 10 days, and that'd be that.

I'm not expecting anyone to pay for my medical treatments should I come down with COVID. I'd be responsible, quarantine myself at home for 10 days, and that'd be that.

Common sense approach. Makes way too much sense.

I am still surprised when I run into anti-vaccination people. Is the world flat too?

Ha to be clear, I was vaccinated as a child and fully support the standard child vaccine schedule.

I've never taken a flu shot however, and don't plan to do so.

Dink post of the year.
Where's covid going? Unless you're hinting that the fear will be gone on Nov 4?
Current coronavirus vaccines - 0
Most people dont take flu vaccines (kills tens of thousands annually, H1N1 still around)

What I gathered from you, can't have college football this year, can't have an election.
Just move it to 2021. You'll live, so will your family :)

MPLSGopher is the biggest blowhard for Fauci, liberals, and Gates! If you go against the agenda or have a thought of your own he will come and have a mental breakdown. Hell im sure if he could he would fly to Seattle and join his homeboys Antifa.

millions and millions of people don’t want the vaccine. People see the scam and politics that they have done for the virus with a 99.98 survival rate. I haven’t had a flu vaccine since maybe high school, and I have had the flu maybe once. I live A healthy lifestyle though also. If the Gates vaccine comes outI will not be getting it.

with that, open up, let’s play football. Stop fear mongering this crap.

I am still surprised when I run into anti-vaccination people. Is the world flat too?
Feels like the new movement is to be anti-immunology and using the same claims,

vague threats of long term damage that can't be proved of disproved

causal linking with insufficient evidence to other conditions(Kawasaki). Reminds me of Anti-Vax claims of autism caused vaccines

Herd immunity can't work this time because the health risk being too high. Too high to who? Old people? You don't get Herd immunity starting with seniors down, you get it by getting all the young healthy people though to the point where they no longer can transmit to the people who don't have a robust immune system. In a Microcosm, your parents would have put all the siblings in a room to contract chicken pox at the same time and avoided seeing grandma for three weeks. Our system is let each kid get it in sequence and avoid seeing grandma for 6 months to a year.

This is NOT similar to the flu. Even thought the excess death toll world wide is within a few percentage points to the 2018 flu season.

Even though rate of death is not keeping pace with the rate of infection, it isn't because the virus is mutating slowly into a less deadly version of itself. Which is what viruses do and is generally excepted by immunology until now.

The paradox so to speak, is that someone can still bring the virus into that controlled environment, where it can spread quickly by the nature of the close contact. Good that they get tested often so those infected can be quarantined to stop more spread within that environment, but it could quickly come into and go out of that controlled environment before a test detects it as well.

Unless that environment is a complete bubble I think it is debatable, other than the enhanced testing, that it is a lot more safe from catching the virus, than not being there.

Top Bottom