18. Kansas State
18. Indiana
18. Oklahoma
21. Missouri
22. Pitt
23. Illinois
24. Michigan
25. SMU

Also receiving votes: Southern Cal 98, Nebraska 51, Navy 43, Army 33, Vanderbilt 26, Arkansas 17, Washington St. 8, Iowa 8, Texas Tech 7, Syracuse 6, Washington 4, Louisville 4, Colorado 3, Kentucky 1.

Week 7 AP Top 25

1. Texas (52)
2. Ohio State (9)
3. Oregon
4. Penn State
5. Georgia
6. Miami
7. Alabama
8. Tennessee
9. Ole Miss
10. Clemson
11. Iowa State
12. Notre Dame
13. LSU
14. BYU
15. Texas A&M
16. Utah
17. Boise State
18. Kansas State
18. Indiana
18. Oklahoma
21. Missouri
22. Pitt
23. Illinois
24. Michigan
25. SMU

Also receiving votes: Southern Cal 98, Nebraska 51, Navy 43, Army 33, Vanderbilt 26, Arkansas 17, Washington St. 8, Iowa 8, Texas Tech 7, Syracuse 6, Washington 4, Louisville 4, Colorado 3, Kentucky 1.
Why do you care?

Makes sense, tough to stay in with 2 losses these days. They get their shot next week to bounce back. Win that and they're in again.

Let's focus on Ookla from now on, K? KTHNX

I’m more surprised they moved Alabama below Georgia.
I have to reprogram on losses like Alabama had. Normally, that would be a bigger deal, but now that 16 teams get in, it barely phases them.

Is it a full moon or something?

I wasn't expecting the venom for such a controversial topic. LMAO

Waxing crescent. Little sliver up there. 19% it says. I’d have guessed less. 🌙 watching the moon rise is always neat. So I do it most nights.

They're 26.
The other thing besides the loss that hurt them was Michigan losing

11 to 26 because

They were a 1 loss team with a loss to a top 15 team

Now they are a 2 loss team with a loss to a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team.

USC could very easily lose to PSU, Washington and Nebraska and finish at 7-5 - which would be the same as 2023 going into their bowl game. I think USC ultimately will be a top 3 B1G team - but, it will not happen this year.

I would say the same for Michigan - I could see them drop games to Oregon and OSU and 1 of 2 between Indiana and Illinois - also, finishing 7-5 on the year. I could easily see the same thing with Iowa.

The top of the B1G has been reset for now with OSU, Oregon, and PSU for this season. Outside of that, we have a lot of average/mediocre teams.

The 2 possible exceptions to this are Indiana and Illinois - mainly due to scheduling. Indiana could (should) go 4-2 down the stretch and finish with a pretty magic season - same with Illinois where they could (should) go 5-2 down the stretch - I assume Illinois loses to OR but then loses either vs. us or Michigan.

It is a strange season and while we are not on pace for anything meaningful, we are at least holding our own in the average/mediocre middle of the B1G.

I'm telling ya, USC is going to go the way of Nebraska now that they're in a conference where every game is a battle. I'm not suggesting they'll be bottom feeders, but they're going to have to get used to finishing outside of the top five more often than not. Not sure if their collective ego will be able to handle it, I imagine we'll see some interesting coaching changes there as time goes on

There is however some satisfaction that comes from another Coach feeling heat because his team lost to MINNESOTA for God's sake. We've seen it before and nice to see it again.

Usually the coffin is already built and only needs one more nail...and yes that nail is sometimes us.

We'll see how USC goes from here. Progress.

I have to reprogram on losses like Alabama had. Normally, that would be a bigger deal, but now that 16 teams get in, it barely phases them.
Currently, only 12 get in, not 16.

11 to 26 because

They were a 1 loss team with a loss to a top 15 team

Now they are a 2 loss team with a loss to a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team.
Yeah and a bunch of top teams lost, causing a lot of movement in the rankings.

I'm telling ya, USC is going to go the way of Nebraska now that they're in a conference where every game is a battle.
I think USC will be the exception and be will be a huge NIL beneficiary (unless this policy changes). USC will also be able to get great QB talent with the current staff but now has to focus on locking down the rest of the LA talent which has chosen to leave in the last decade due to poor coaching and poor USC teams overall. The make or break for USC will be if they can ever put together a competent defense. That said, a lot of their success over the last 50 years was due to paying players under the table when the rest of the country was relatively clean - so, the NIL may not be the game changer for them.

USC could very easily lose to PSU, Washington and Nebraska and finish at 7-5 - which would be the same as 2023 going into their bowl game. I think USC ultimately will be a top 3 B1G team - but, it will not happen this year.

I would say the same for Michigan - I could see them drop games to Oregon and OSU and 1 of 2 between Indiana and Illinois - also, finishing 7-5 on the year. I could easily see the same thing with Iowa.

The top of the B1G has been reset for now with OSU, Oregon, and PSU for this season. Outside of that, we have a lot of average/mediocre teams.

The 2 possible exceptions to this are Indiana and Illinois - mainly due to scheduling. Indiana could (should) go 4-2 down the stretch and finish with a pretty magic season - same with Illinois where they could (should) go 5-2 down the stretch - I assume Illinois loses to OR but then loses either vs. us or Michigan.

It is a strange season and while we are not on pace for anything meaningful, we are at least holding our own in the average/mediocre middle of the B1G.
I think USC will be the exception and be will be a huge NIL beneficiary (unless this policy changes). USC will also be able to get great QB talent with the current staff but now has to focus on locking down the rest of the LA talent which has chosen to leave in the last decade due to poor coaching and poor USC teams overall. The make or break for USC will be if they can ever put together a competent defense. That said, a lot of their success over the last 50 years was due to paying players under the table when the rest of the country was relatively clean - so, the NIL may not be the game changer for them.
The SEC is also suffering a bunch of losses within their ranks this season.

The SEC is also suffering a bunch of losses within their ranks this season.
True on the SEC - but, I think a lot of that has to do with expanding the league and not being able to schedule away from top matchups anymore until late in the season. Take Bama and Georgia in the last 15 years, they have played 3 times (including last week) in the regular season and has no regular season games between 2008 and 2015 - this was smart on behalf of the SEC. With Texas and Oklahoma and the fact that the SEC has really only been 2-3 teams deep historically, and we get a bunch of these upsets. Bama this week was a huge exception to this rule (they should not have had problems) but I am not surprised to see Mizzu (never dominant), Tennessee or Ole Miss lose. With FL being a dumpster fire with a few exceptions recently, it really allowed for a 2-3 team conference to form with artificially high rankings.

11th to all the way out in a tough loss kind of surprised me.
11 to out is not normal...USC losing to Minnesota is perceived as a very, very bad loss for USC by the voters is the only explanation.

Top Bottom