Damien Wilson doing well w/ Cowboys

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
OXNARD, Calif. — The Dallas Cowboys are a week into training camp today, with five practices in the books (three in pads). They’ll be back on the field again at 5:45 p.m. CT today for their sixth workout.

Like any first week of training camp, the Cowboys have had some good and some bad moments. Like Jason Garrett often says, it’s a process.

Some things have stood out. Here are five players who I’ve noticed after a week of practices:

2) The Cowboys are higher on rookie LB Damien Wilson than you might be: I have to admit that before training camp started, I didn’t see much of a role on this year’s team for rookie linebacker Damien Wilson. But the fourth-round pick out of Minnesota keeps showing up and now finds himself running at first-team weak-side linebacker with the club easing Sean Lee back into the mix. The Cowboys are high on Wilson and like what they’ve seen so far from him in camp. With the veteran linebackers added in free agency in the offseason, Lee healthy again and re-signing Rolando McClain, I thought Wilson would be a forgotten man. He’s left an impression with coaches and should help give the club more depth at linebacker this season.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...st-week-of-dallas-cowboys-training-camp.html/

One of the cooler things going forward will be to watch player introductions as more and more Gophers crack the starting lineups and rep the UofM

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Reading the article it points out that he is seeing time because they are easing the veteran LB into camp (Lee). Still great to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome. It's not awesome that I'm going to be cheering for the Cowboys now.

Cheer for Damien not the Cowboys, ideally I want him to play well, while the Cowboys lose.

Cheer for the cowboy's defense! You know when it comes down to it Tony Romo will choke the game away so there is nothing to worry about.

I also can't root for Dallas.....really hard to do. However I can hope for a 45-35 loss and Wilson gets 18 tackles in great effort.

Playing on NFL network right now. #57
Live a mile from the Stadium but have DirecTV and they have me blocked out! Pissed. I know it's pre season but I wanted to see Damion. Hope he does very well.

Damien just had a 3-4 yard TFL. It was a lot like the Clowney hit against Michigan as he just ran right through the line unchallenged and had a nice hit.

Awesome watching our guys do well. Here's a quote about Maxx:

Turning Point Of The Game
Facing a fourth-and-20 on the final game-winning drive, Renner dumped a short pass to rookie second-round tight end Maxx Williams. Williams charged up field, hurdled one Saints defender then plowed into another to pick up the first down – with 2 yards to spare.

I love Maxx but one of these days he's going to try to hurdle and some LB is going to plant him on his ass.

I love Maxx but one of these days he's going to try to hurdle and some LB is going to plant him on his ass.

I'm more worried they will come up and flip him farther in the air off balance and when he lands he will break his neck... He can walk away from getting planted.

I know that, but those guys were going low where as NFL defenders will figure him out and go high.

It looks like #42 went high after the hurdle and got run over. Guys like Maxx, you have to go after him at angles, otherwise, you'll be part of the next Maxx Williams highlight reel.

That was certainly a highlight reel catch for Maxx. I wonder if he'll put up decent fantasy numbers this year.

FYI, Cobb's Titans play Hageman's Falcons tonight on NFL Network.

I know it's only pre-season, but it feels great to come here and see not one, but two clips of Gopher rookies looking great. I'm pumped up at my desk.

Top Bottom