Damian Johnson to Benilde-St. Margaret

Except for the fact that I live closer to Minneapolis north and I know they’re saying north St. Paul if they say “North high”

because it’s the name of the school

Google maps agrees with me
I put in north high school into the google maps and just Google machine and it gives me Minneapolis north. As my first option.

On a side note when I put in minnesota north high school in yahoo it gives me north st paul.

Last edited:

I put in north high school into the google maps machine and it gives me Minneapolis north. As my first option.

Some guy is right in the literal sense as it is truly named North High similar to how Norwood Young America is technically named "Central". However outside of that immediate area, most will always associate North as Minneapolis North whether it's right or wrong, it's the way the basketball and many even educational people will see it. As well to add to any confusion they do have the same mascot as well lol

Well BSM was 5-21 last year. I dont know if they are necessarily positioned very well to win. If he turns that program around I can see him bypassing the process and becoming an assistant with a new staff for sure

They also ran out Hans Hoeg who was had spent some time as an asst. at Augustana. It's not an easy job following the John Moore, so hopefully Damian gets a little more leeway as he develops it.

Well BSM was 5-21 last year. I dont know if they are necessarily positioned very well to win. If he turns that program around I can see him bypassing the process and becoming an assistant with a new staff for sure
That is the best news possible for a great coach. Terrible season, great resources and a new commitment. Transfers coming. No Thorson downtown, Kenny Novak getting up there, private education, scholarships.

from DJ's side, the risk may have been taking a Gophers job if it was offered. He probably knows as much about how hot Pitino's seat is as anyone on this board. Taking a probable one year job is a risk.

As for recruiting to the private schools-- they recruit all students, not just the athletes. Scholarships are not as prevelant as they would need to truly recruit. Flip side, if you can recruit high school kids that have to pay $20grand to go to school, think how good you could recruit if you can offer free college?

from DJ's side, the risk may have been taking a Gophers job if it was offered. He probably knows as much about how hot Pitino's seat is as anyone on this board. Taking a probable one year job is a risk.

As for recruiting to the private schools-- they recruit all students, not just the athletes. Scholarships are not as prevelant as they would need to truly recruit. Flip side, if you can recruit high school kids that have to pay $20grand to go to school, think how good you could recruit if you can offer free college?
So you really think that DJ would have turned down an offer to coach at the U? Wow, that is stupid. It is a foot in the door of a B1G program that allows him to make the jump from High School.

For a non teacher, I would imagine BSM can do a lot more financially creative things than most public schools to make a job appealing for the coach.
What is DJ’s day job?

per Shooter:

Look for former Gopher Trevor Mbakwe to join former Gopher Damian Johnson’s boys basketball coaching staff at Benilde-St. Margaret’s.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Look for former Gopher Trevor Mbakwe to join former Gopher Damian Johnson’s boys basketball coaching staff at Benilde-St. Margaret’s.

Go Gophers!!
That will get some recruits....

Top Bottom