Damian Johnson - Minnesota Sportswriters

Blizzard

Reaction score
This was mentioned on another thread but I thought I would throw it out here anyway in case anyone missed it.

A couple of tweets from Damian Johnson-

why do minn sportswriters always start rumors b4 they have any facts since the season ended i have heard 20 diff rumors and only 1 r 2 rite

not tryin 2 offend the sportswriters but they just need stop tryin 2 make a story b4 it happen

If it is true that Cobbs is not transerferring then the sports media in this town has lost all credibility with me, from the Tubby garbage they reported, the 'Nolen is out of shape', to finally the Cobbs transferring story, I trust Bernie Madoff more than these guys. On top of all that notice that everything they make up is negative.

This was mentioned on another thread but I thought I would throw it out here anyway in case anyone missed it.

A couple of tweets from Damian Johnson-

Nice to see someone actually associated with the program finally say something, even if it is on twitter. :p

Anyhow, Damian is absolutely correct. The "reporting" these guys have done over the past month has been beyond shabby. No concrete information on anything and a lot of speculation or innuendo hoping something sticks to the wall.

Not only has the vast majority of it proven to be completely wrong, most implications have been "everything is going to go wrong in the near future" category. In other words, these guys are doing a heckuva job of crapping on their credibility for the future.

I guess that's called creative reporting, eh?

If there is no story to report then they MAKE a story to report. It's a great read that way, normal day to day sports reporting is too boring and does not promote reaction from their readers.

Its pretty obvious that Marcus and Myron are trying to hard to be the first to report the scoop. The game has changed, especially because of twitter. But throwing out garbage opinions and stamping them with a NAMELESS SORCE is pathetic. These clowns need to get better sources and cross check their information before tweeting and blogging it.

I have to say that I prefer Kent's methods over Myron and Marcus (even though I wish Kent would write more articles and blog notes). I'm also somehwat surprised by Marcus' recent actions as up to now he has been pretty solid.

Good for DJ for steppin up. they print so much garbage.

Who reported Cobbs leaving first? How about we fill his inbox with a bunch of emails telling them how pathetic and lazy they are.

Who reported Cobbs leaving first? How about we fill his inbox with a bunch of emails telling them how pathetic and lazy they are.

Why are they even in such a race over this anyway? This isn't Brett Favre's retirement announcement. Justin Cobbs transferring is not a major decision. I think we could wait for an official announcement from either him or the U, instead of a breathless, inaccurate twitter from one of two newspaper hacks.

I especially love Myron using "probably" transferring. And that isn't me quoting him, that's him using quotations in an absurd way, and helping point out how flimsy his "story" actually is.

Good job DJ.

A majority of those who call themselves sportswriters in MN are so inept that it's nearly funny. I say nearly because, as others have pointed out, all their wild speculation has a deeply negative/cynical bent that makes them no fun to read or listen to.

Go Gophers!

Thank you DJ! Glad someone finally stepped up and said something. The media in this town is shameful and pathetic. I hold a degree in Journalism from the U so I know what good journalism is and this is far from it.

Sid stated this morning when he ran into Justin, Devoe, and Nolen last week, he asked Justin directly and the answer was "I'm not going anywhere"...... again according to Sid (he also complained about Mbakwe's trial being delayed when back in the day Warren Sapp we able to get off right away for something far worse which he was accused of), so take it for what it's worth.

Sorry - this is in another thread farther down the list.

Top Bottom